The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Um except we live in apt.:)

Babs Hunt and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

:D I'm sure there's someway to recycle that drum even living in an apartment.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Around here, there are people who will pick up scrap metal, and sometimes even pay you a little bit for it; but at least it would get the old machine out of the apartment and you would not have to do it yourself. If you look at your local craigslist or free “nickel” paper, there will probably be an advertisement for someone that hauls of metal scrap, @Gloria Mitchell .

Babs Hunt likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit: Filled up my car in preparation for my trip and gas is $3.75 for regular! :)

Yes...I know It's more in Canada and Europe but I'm talking USA.

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

WOW ! !
    That is a LOT higher than it is out here, @Chrissy Cross . Ours has maybe gone back up a little bit; but when I got gas on Sunday, it was still about $2.25 per gallon, or somewhere thereabouts. Has your gas been above $3 all of this time, or did it make a sudden jump ?
    If it just made a jump, then ours will probably be going up out here as well.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

It's been above $3.00 for a long time now. For some reason gas in California is way more expensive than in other states.

This was at a Chevron near me which isn't the cheapest gas station but usually the price difference is about 20 cents with cheaper places....still high!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Gas here yesterday $2.45... was running between $2.09-$2.15... big jump. Summer is coming, so of course it goes up.
    I was up at 2am! Went back to bed abut 8:00ish.. of course phone rang twice- never fails. Finally got up at 10am.
    I should of stayed in bed... more bad news here and there..has become an epidemic lately. Oh well, not dead yet, so up to
    me to shake it off and get moving on what can i terrorize today:D.Think I am going to look up my Rant page..
    I have a few today:)

Chrissy Cross and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think the state has a big gas tax and makes the oil companies jump through hoops to market there. I believe I heard that San Francisco is preparing to sue the oil companies for marketing their product and contributing to global warming. Would you want to work in such an unfriendly market without cashing in on it?

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  9. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

I try to remain positive. However I find myself a bit gloomy and -well just hacked off a bit today. Bad enough the ac went out in the car- then the wash machine.
    This morning it was the coffee maker. Seriously? It is actually the switch,that keeps the plate heated after brewing. Yes,, I checked You Tube, with the correct part,which is dirt cheap, can repair myself. Well provided I can find the right part,as entering in the model nbr on their site -they can not decide if this part will work or not:(.
    After taking a shower and unfortunately,looking up and into the walled mirror....Who that hell is THAT... geez turn off the tha light Bud. My hair is getting so thin, while everything else is expanding in rapid time. I have no face wrinkles..yea.. it is a trade off for giving up the rest of me to old age.
    I know, I know, you think. why is she blubbering about this crap, when the rest of us have serious issues? Because today it just seems more noticeable I guess.
    Okay, I am done for now... I am sure things could be much worse. :p

10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Stalled along I-95, waiting for a tow. First time in years. Hate it.

11. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Commuting? Glad I don't do that any more! Hopefully the issue isn't serious.

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Peak for yesterday: At 67 years old and gravity taking it's toll on my old body I have been trying to find some new bathing suits to wear to the beach. Bathing suits that will cover up my worst old age flaws and be modest and decent also.

I am happy to say that yesterday Amazon delivered the two I picked and they were everything I was hoping for...plus they fit perfectly on my imperfect Senior body. :)
    IMG_0005.JPG IMG_0006.JPG IMG_0008.JPG
    These are the two I ordered. I wouldn't usually post a picture of me in a bathing suit...but these are so modest I didn't mind sharing in case others are looking for decent bathing suits too. Amazon surprised me with their nice selection to choose from for us mature women. :)

13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

We won't find out about the car until Monday, at the earliest, because our mechanic is closed today for some reason, although he's usually open on Saturdays. We're home and we have another car so it's not a big deal. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be something expensive. Cars used to make more sense to me than they do now. Mostly, I was concerned because Sears is supposed to be delivering a new stove today and I didn't want to miss them.

Holly Saunders and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

You look great, Babs! My wife is always searching for modest two-piece suits, as it makes it easier to visit the rest room.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  15. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Would you believe the Fix for the coffee maker, does not apply for ours. Off to Wally World to buy another coffee maker. Did they have the one I wanted-of course not.
    But it is Saturday and I am at Walmart which is bad enough so , I bought a Mr Coffee one, with only 4 buttons on the face.
    I already do not like it- but will try it for a few days. I really liked my BUNN, but having but sure think for the price of a BUNN, it should last longer than 4.3 years. The first one lasted 7 at least. Anyways, it makes coffee that is good:)

Yvonne Smith and Patsy Faye like this.