The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Yikes good luck with that @Ken Anderson , ours has just melted so we're hoping that's the end of it..

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep, a second Nor'easter. Our temps here in northeastern Florida are taking a dip today and tomorrow.......about 13 degree dip. Yesterday's temp was 79 and today it will be 68 and tomorrow 63. This weekend will warm up, just to cool down into next week again. Tired of this roller-coaster ride of temps.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Registered

Welcome to our world in the UK @Cody Fousnaugh , 'roller coaster ride of temps'' is what we have most of the year round.. Here we can't put winter or summer clothes away for next season because we never know whether it will be wet , dry, hot or cold, from, one week to the next.. and temps can vary up to 15 degrees in just one day

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, here in the summer it's hurricane and tropical storm season, along with the heat and dreaded humidity. No temp swings in the summer here. Everyone, that can be, is in shorts and t-shirts.

Funny, there are folks here that like the cooler-to-colder weather, but they aren't boat owners, like us. Perfect temps for us is in the lower to mid 80's.

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanksto you all...am sure today will be better:)

Patsy Faye and Holly Saunders like this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Hoping and praying that things look better for you again, @Gloria Mitchell . Sometimes, it really does seem like when one bad thing happens, more come along with it.
    We are having the spring cold snap here this week, too, and also had that when I was out in Washington State, just a cold north wind blasting down everywhere in the northern states, and we in the south are experiencing some of it, too. We have a freeze warning out for at least the next couple of days.
    I actually enjoy the spring and fall weather, even though it changes from day to day. At least it is not the unrelenting heat/humidity of summer, or the dreary cold of winter. Even though all of the days are not nice ones, it seems like we have the best days in one or the other of those two seasons.
    Yesterday, I was still recuperating from the Seattle trip, foggy head and all; but today, I am starting to feel like my usual self again.

7. Holly Saunders

Registered

Good to see you back @Yvonne Smith It always takes a day or 2 to recover after a plane trip especially when you've not had a chance to rest when you got there due to time restraints, but I do hope you had a lovely time......but you do know dontcha that Bobby had to get someone in to clean the house after all his partying while you were gone? ..:D:D

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

SAY WHAT. !?!
    He told me that he was busy working the whole time that I was gone, Holly ! Though I did wonder a bit about that pink hula skirt I found in the back room......

9. Holly Saunders

Registered

:D....see I told him you wouldn't miss a thing !! :D:D:D

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My peak yesterday was Grandparent's day at my youngest grandson's Mother's Day Out. It's the first time I have been to his classroom and he was really glad to see me. :) Once he finished sitting on my lap and making sure I would be there for awhile he got down and showed me his favorite toys, etc. Then we all sang and acted out "If You're Happy and You Know It" and a good time was had by all the Grannies and Grandpas there. :)
    IMG_0932.JPG

11. Holly Saunders

Registered

Pit... driving into London, and walking around in strong winds , ( I hate the wind and not too keen on the city either )

Peak : Meeting my husband who came out of his workplace at his lunch time to spend 30 minutes with me for a drink at a cafe

12. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Wow , not having been on here much last few days, has be behind on here. I have not had - than goodness and Pits worth mentioning last few days.
    I have been hopping from one store to another shopping for tops to wear. Doing all my errands around town, so have been busy bee .
    Working on my plants, took most outside for fresh air and sunshine yesterday- a bit cloudy today.
    Read the posts on our car situation- we probably will not do anything,as can not afford to anyhow. Thank you for all the responses.
    Hope all of you have good week end- now to find a hat for next month :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

My washing machine that will be 7 years old next month- has died. I hated it, and have cussed it on a regular basis. Short version - tub completely fell off the axle thingy.
    In the meantime it slung plastic from the drum, so it is busted up good. The racket this thing was making if unbalanced, was horrendous! Good thing is, the apt. laundromat,is next door to me. The second good thing is - my daughter is giving me hers, end of May when they move to another town 5 hours away:(.
    So just have to keep a supply of quarters for a while. $1.50 a load to wash...geeez.
    The modern sensoring of things is such a pain. I would rather have the 30 year old washing machine my mother had, than any new one on the market today !
    Items made today are not meant to last-or for you to be able and repair yourself like before.
    Aside from this and constantly waking up long before 6am all the time, I am pretty good:rolleyes:

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

I understand your feelings about your washer finishing it's last cycle.

We often discuss the demise of quality home products on our forum.

I can tell you that it's no better for commerical products as well.

I have pulled 35 year old motors that still work, but needed to be upgraded.
    These new motors might give you 8 or 10 years before they stop running and they cost a small fortune.

One of our problems is that there aren't many techs left that understand the older equipment,
    so it's easier to just replace them with newer products.

I can see this happening where I work when I finally retire.
    Most of the younger folk are mostly concerned with social interactions and less about learning the jobs
    finer points.

(end of rant...) :)

15. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Tear it apart and use the drum for an outside fire pit. At the local stores, fire pits go for around $100 and up so with a little ingenuity, the drum makes a dandy addition to a back yard.