The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit: it's raining and I can't go for my walk. :(

Peak: it's raining and I can't go for my walk. :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

yes I don't like the foxes in the garden either, but I live with woods at the back of me and farmland all around so at this time of the year the foxes, and sometimes the little muntjacs' too come looking for food

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I see them at my sister's in New Jersey.

What's a muntjac?

Holly Saunders likes this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Registered

it's a little Deer

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Awww, they're cute!

Ive never heard that word here but who knows...

6. Holly Saunders

Registered

Yep they're really tiny... but they bark like a Dog lol

7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Peak of yesterday: My youngest daughter told me we're having another grandbaby! :) Pure Joy to my heart!

8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Congratulations!

Patsy Faye and Babs Hunt like this.
  9. Holly Saunders

Registered

Yeaaaah lovely to see you back @Babs Hunt , and Congratulations :D

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It wasn't today, but at a point yesterday I was provided with a pit. Oh, everything seemed to turn out alright but the events that took place on this very forum were enough to shake anyone, that is, anyone who is tuned in to ...........the robots.

The day was bright and sunny which provided a bit of the peak, but when I got home and decided to pop into the SeniorsOnly Club, that is when things started to happen.
    Like I wrote, I simply popped in and observed that no members were on the forum sans myself. Quiet. So quiet that even the crickets decided to take a nap.
    I looked around and observed that there were a few guests on the tally, but no one was to be found. The guests, were obviously hiding. There was not a sound, then............, I saw them. More like felt them because they must have taken on an invisibility cloak but I knew they were there, lurking and poking.
    There were not just one or two but droves of them. 33 of them to be exact surrounding everything I wrote and I really believe everything I was thinking. I tried to fight them off and discourage them from picking at me like some lab mouse but alas, I retreated to another room, and then another and another but yet they still they came, almost secretly picking up each letter and word I would write.
    I knew there was a robot hiding behind a T and another behind an X and I replaced the T with an R and an X with a W to weed them out but the letters were abruptly changed back to their original hiding places.
    Then, then chanting began. Not the audible kind but the kind that superimposes itself into one's very brain. Google, Bing, Yahoo, and Baidu it said, Google, Bing, Yahoo and Baidu over and over and over until I finally figured it out. All the members had been eaten by the robots. Oh the carnage that went on in my mind!
    The members were here but now they are gone and I, a lonely passerby, was the only one left to stave off the onslaught of internet tyranny.
    Alas, I could no longer hold on so ...........I was forced to retreat and leave the forum, empty and quiet. Not a sound, scrape nor letter typed.

Now, I am back to view the forum and .......................The peak of this day is.............everybody is back so no one got eaten. Hi everyone!

11. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Yesterday was a Pit all the way. I have had worse days,but still,not good. Started with literally a knock down drag out with my 12 year old GD.Was not not pretty.
    I had already been up up way too early,but what tha hey , I try to adapt.
    I had a doctor appt around 3 with the gastroenterologist- just a minor issue - I think. Now keep in mind where I was at . In comes an attractive male about 50ish, who set next to me-vs all the other open seats.
    I am not one to get into lengthy conversation with strangers- I am the Observer type. He turns and asks me" Is this a good doctor ?" Um, I guess, only y second visit.
    He then he begins to explain to me why he is there- in detail- with description of his bowel movements and habits. In his defense, he was very soft spoken and tried to be
    discret. There was added info about him and his wife-etc etc. Then he tells me(because of course he is not worried) how Jesus will save him from all this, all the
    while showing me his I Love Jesus hat. I am not making fun of him- but it was a bit comical . Then he did the unexpected- HE put his hand on my leg-ummmm,ookay.
    At first I felt offense, then but realized perhaps he was just ...trying to make a point-as he told me how Jesus loves me and I was going to be alright.
    I wished him well and went in to see the doctor.
    While waiting on the doctor,which took forever it seems-got a voicemail from a friend of 20 years. The cancer he has been fighting for 12 years has spread to his brain.
    It was all I could do keep composure. Early yesterday, my BFF for 40 plus years, called to tell me about heart issues that she has developed and it does not sound good.
    So sigh...yesterday was a Pit....................LOLO I had high hopes for today, not looking promising so far- but i will make do :);):p

12. Holly Saunders

Registered

Oh Dear God ( that's an unintended pun sorry)... but Gloria... what a horrible, horrible day for you. I hope things can improve even for you personally... but I'm so sorry to hear the dreadful news about your friends...you must have been reeling after hearing the first one, then to get the second call,...Oh Lord.. I can't imagine how upset you were..especially after your earlier problems with GD, and the over friendly patient in the waiting room..

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  13. Holly Saunders

Registered

Pit : None so far..

Peak:.. Forecast is for rain for the rest of the week..so soon after a week of heavy snow, so today the only dry day, I managed to get out to the supermarket to pick up a few things, fill the petrol tank...and pick up my prescriptions which have been waiting for a week for me to collect. Got a short walk in as well.. Then got out and filled the bird feeders.. . I have to climb up a tall ladder to get to them, and I slipped off once from the 3rd step up because I didn't have the ladder level on the grass properly... but I didn't hurt myself.:D

Hedi Mitchell and Chrissy Cross like this.
  14. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi Gloria - and I thought I was having a rough time :rolleyes:
    You'll be in my thoughts for a big improvement :) x

@Gloria Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell and Chrissy Cross like this.
  15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Pit: After a few days without snow, and some melting, it is supposed to snow tomorrow, and it is forecast to continue through Saturday, at least.
    Peak: It hasn't started yet and things are usually not even close to as bad as they say they are going to be.