The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Peak for today: The prayers worked even better than expected...I did not have to take the vision test at all and I was supposed to have to. Now my new DL is good for 6 years...thanks again everyone!

My husband got his real ID which is permanent and cost him nothing at his age. And he surrendered his DL to the DMV.

Now I feel like I can breathe again...and am so glad this is taken care of.

The Pit for today was when I walked up to tell the Receptionist that I wanted to renew my DL she punched in my name on her computer and then told me there was a flag on my License. I said: "What! What for?" And she told me she didn't know but when my number was called I would find out.

When my number was called the lady who was helping me looked up why my license was flagged and then asked me where my 1999 Kia was. I explained I had traded it in for our Kia Soul and she told me that evidently the Dealership did not turn in some paper work on it to the DMV. So since it was still being shown as mine for some reason that put a flag on my License. I got her the paperwork from our glove compartment showing the trade in, etc. and she removed the flag from me and maybe the will be fining the Dealership. I'm just glad I didn't do anything wrong...sitting and waiting for my number to be called sent all kinds of scary thoughts through my mind about why they would flag my license.

2. Jackie Stewart

Jackie Stewart Veteran Member
    Registered

Peak: It stopped snowing.
    Pit: Gotta shovel it! :)

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

And now for the rest of the story: I was so upset about this part of the Pit of my day that I didn't want to talk about it because I didn't know what the outcome would be. Now I know the outcome.

To get my husband's Real ID from the DMV I had to bring his SS card, Birth Certificate, Medicare card, etc... I put everything in a folder and we left that folder sitting on the outside bench at the DMV and went home without it. My husband thought I had put it in the car...and I thought he did. :( We ran a few errands after leaving the DMV and when we got home and took the things we had bought in I went back to get the folder...and it was not in our car. We had been sitting on the bench getting a little sunshine while waiting to be called to pick up the finished License and ID. I picked up my purse and I thought my Honey had picked up the folder.

I tried for 2 hours to call the DMV Office after we knew we didn't bring it home. But they do not answer their phone. My daughter called me and when I said hello she immediately asked me what was wrong. When I told her she came to get me and took me back to the DMV Office which is way across town from us. Needless to say all of us were praying that an "angel" would give that folder to one of the workers at the DMV. Otherwise the SS card and Medicare card, etc. could have been used to access our accounts, etc. It was really scary to think what others could do with that info now days.

I am so thankful to say that once again God had our back...and our folder in his care. I walked in the DMV and looked on the counter where the Receptionist was who had checked us in earlier this morning and gave us our waiting numbers...and there on the side of her monitor was our bright purple folder. I said "That's my folder...and then praise God...and there were quite a few "Amens" from those around me. I was so afraid and yet our heavenly Father had everything taken care of the whole time. He turned this Pit into a wonderful Peak and I am thankful to Him for this.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Awe that is just great :)

Babs Hunt likes this.
  5. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

My heart doctor just called with the results of my medical stress test....
    I am great!! No blockages inside the heart...he said I am doing really good.
    He thinks all of this happened because my blood pressure just got too high...so keep thatin control and I am goid to go:p:p:p:p:D:D

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Awww...that is great too Gloria! So happy for you! :):D

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  7. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Hedi Mitchell and Babs Hunt like this.
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes it definitely was Holly. :)

Holly Saunders and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  9. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Took hubby to work early this am. Met my BFF for breakfast at a bakery we have never been to. Was pretty good eats.
    Off to the lung doctor office. After looking at my tests, said lung capacity was only 70..not bad but not great either. I expected to hear my lung capacity
    was low. Anyways. he has me on an inhaler once a day that he says will balance me out...and do not have to go back until next year- unless I have problems.
    He did say to stay away from bronchitis at all costs. Um right. So for the most part all is well, and I am feeling great :D

10. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Sunny today after the rain this morning. For 7 years I have had a GE convection oven that I have used 99.5 percent than I ever have the oven.
    I liked it because baking two things at once was easy. Had bought it at Walmart, and only paid $56,before tax. I loved that oven. However it passed away yesterday,
    much to my dismay:(. So today after searching the internet and various stores, GE no longer make these ovens. After three stores, went back to Target and bought
    a Oster from them. Extra wide can cook a 13x9 , that is a plus, digital clock. Now just hope that it will cook good. But am really going to miss my old one:(.
    That is my pit fer the day.

11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well Gloria may your old oven rest in peace...and your new one bake wonderfully for you for as long as you need it too. :)

Hedi Mitchell and Patsy Faye like this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit: Friday night, on the way and leaving Taco Bell, we encountered a "wrong-way driver". We couldn't believe it! Both times, wife and I were facing headlights in front of us, but, by the Grace of God, we had enough room to get by them. Neither of us can ever remember this happening to us. Also, Thank God, it was a slow turn area. First driver wanted to make a U turn, but got into the wrong lane (my lane) to do it. The other driver simply made a left turn into the wrong side of the drive that had a middle divider in it.

Peak: Weekend and wife was off.

Sheldon Scott and Holly Saunders like this.
  13. Holly Saunders

Registered

I had that happen to me @Cody Fousnaugh . Pitch dark, very few lights on overhead .. on the Dual Carriageway ( highway)...I'm driving about 70mph, just go round a bend where there s a slip road leading onto the carriageway , and a car had come down and had turned toward the oncoming traffic.. and was coming towards me , I nearly had a heart attack. It was only a 2 lane motorway so if anything had been in the other lane I wouldn't have been able to swerve out of the way...

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My Peak for yesterday was getting a phone call from my youngest brother. He and his wife sold their home in Texas (around Dallas) and they found a house this weekend in Broussard, LA which is just down the road from us. They will be back in Louisiana by March 13th. Now I will have two of my brothers and one sister back in Louisiana. :)

The Pit was finding out my sister who has the rare stoma cancer and found out her tumors were growing again so that the Doctor had to put her back on the full dose of her daily chemo pill once again...has started having heart problems again and it is probably from the chemo pill.

She's seeing her Cardiologist today and I'm praying there will be good news.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  15. Holly Saunders

Registered

Oooh God Lord @Babs Hunt , what an emotional day for you yesterday in 2 very different ways.

Let us all pray for your dear sister , that she gets good news from her cardiologist today, and that she can cope with the Chemo once again, enough to shrink those horrible tumours. Bless her heart she's going through a horrific time, so pray to God that she is strong enough to withstand this awful time.

Very good news about your brother tho'..what happiness to have your daughter, 2 brothers and a sister close to you. I didn't realise you had brothers Babs I thought you only had a bunch of beautiful sisters.. You're very lucky to have them ..I wish my sisters and brothers lived close... ( only one sister lives in the same town as me)