The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Peak :...My husband got a lot of jobs done today...he has a 3 day weekend off so he rests on the first day..and usually get business stuff done on a sunday..but as he's got 3 days off, he's managed to get some jobs around the house done that have been outstanding for a while.. so he's repaired the UPVC frame which was coming away from the wall all around the back door, and glued it all back on with mastic and it all, it looks brand new again...

He got a few other jobs done too...so I'm a happy bunny...

2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

:(:(

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. May Benot

May Benot Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes well, I left the house for half an hour today, s'pose that's a peak, altho' weather's 35c again so having to go out in it put me in the pits, lol ... I really should make the effort to get out more ... one day's pretty much the same as the next for me, been in Aus over 45yrs and still not acclimatised :rolleyes: ... not complaining by any means, I've had a lot of drama in my time and a quiet life now suits me.
    I do meet a friend for lunch at least once week ( another peak?) plus there's $21million up for grabs in the lotto this coming weekend ... now that'd be a peak and a half ! , not that I'd like to win that much for myself but could do a lot of good with it.

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My Pit for today is that I won't be going to share Birthdays with my two sisters in Florida this month. My sister's husband cannot walk without crutches and is so much pain he can't sleep either right now. They are going to do an MRI in the next few days but whatever is causing this pain in his hip has been going on for a few weeks now and even though he went to the ER and had tests run and was given strong pain meds...nothing is helping him. So I messaged my sister this morning and told her it was just not a good time for me to come right now with all they are going through and no telling when it will end.

I did tell her that if things are better and they are able to come to our Easter Family Reunion that maybe I could go back with them then. But right now everything is up in the air with her husband's health problems. My sister also is the one who is losing her speech and it is getting really bad now too. Even when she writes she is losing her words and much of the time if I didn't know her so well I would not be able to figure out what she was trying to tell me. She did finally see a Social Security Disability Doctor so she may receive Disability soon and maybe there are some things that can be done to help her. There is no cure for what she has (Primary Progressive Aphasia) and each case is different on how bad it gets but most with this disease lose all speech and word ability. It's a terrible disease and I sure wish my sister did not have it.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry to hear about the health problems in your family. I'm not even going to look up that disease because Ive been anxious lately looking up things on dr Google. I have to stay away from that.

I had some diarrhea yesterday and took an immodium and this was my second time for taking immodium and both times I would wake up feeling my heart beating in my chest and last night my pulse was 103 and that's from just being asleep.

I got up and took half a Xanax and it went back down and now it's about 56-60.

Anything different with my body and I'm having a panic attack...lately my anxiety has been more than usual.

Have a drs appt next Monday so will discuss it then.

I felt like or thought I was going to die last night and Ive been having this feeling of dread lately and can't shake it.

I'm a little groggy now because I didn't have coffee, seeing how that helps...

6. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

:(

7. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

:(

8. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

So far no real Pit for me yet....however found out my GD is once again causing much chaos. Sigh...
    and bad news abounds from others I know.
    Tomorrow go for first round of medical stress test...nuclear...shivers ....be glad when that is done. Hoping the govt sends me some money before they shut down again:p...temp only 25-27 it be cold:)

Holly Saunders and Chrissy Cross like this.
  9. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Yes stop looking up medical stuff...depressing and only adds to your anxiety.

10. Holly Saunders

Registered

Oh Dear Lord @Babs Hunt I'm so sorry to hear your sister and her husband are suffering so badly, albeit with different disabilities... Primary Progressive Aphasia is essentially Dementia isn't it, caused by a frontal lobe damage ?....how awful for your sister that she knows she's going through this and it can't be halted...poor woman. is she your elder sister?.. I do hope that your B-i-L gets some pain relief very soon after he's had his MRI scan... it sounds like the poor man is going insane with the pain... Prayers for both of them...and sorry that you're unable to visit with them, but it doesn't sound good for them coming at Easter either does it..?...but I hope they can....it's just horrid that they're both going through such serious illnesses at the same time :(

@Chrissy Cross , I'm not going to even suggest what I think may be wrong with you... but I'm sorry you're poorly.. have you spoken to your doctor...or even your kids> I know your kids are dentists but I'm sure they would have some suggestions for you of what it's likely to be, and whether you should seek medical help. I hope you feel much better soon...

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I had to have the treadmill stress test after my ekg was abnormal....turned out ok. My abnormal ekg is my normal...something I might have been born with...forget what it was called.

Left or right brachial block...something like that. :)

12. Holly Saunders

Registered

Gloria I presume you mean your Granddaughter is causing problems... how old is she , does she live with you?...

What is a Nuclear Medical stress test, I've not heard of that... you do seem to be having a bit of a hard time recently...not fair... :oops:

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I have spoken about my anxiety....the rapid pulse is something recent.

My kids say I have to much time to think. :) and should get out more.

14. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Yes grand daughter...she is 11 but has Aspergers. Nuclear medical stress test...they give u a dye by Iv....then they make heart race like u were running...check for blockages and etc.all with no food coffee or meds...then u leave go back eat fatty meal and they do more tests.

15. Holly Saunders

Registered

Peak for me today.... Hubs and I went out for lunch...really nice lunch today at the pub, after we'd been shopping.... Verrry cold out but the sun was shining, until we started to get a few flakes of snow...but it hasn't settled yet. ...but it's sooooo cold, it surely has to snow to warm things up a bit..

At the shop... I found a lovely off white Sleeveless top with a lace V front... really pretty, I was going to buy it for myself but hubs offered to pay for it so who was I to turn that down ..:D

Pit : My doctors surgery sends my prescriptions over to be dispensed at the nearest pharmacy to me, and annoyingly they should have been in today and they weren't so I have to wait another day for my salbutamol... It's a good thing I haven't completely run out...

Babs Hunt and Chrissy Cross like this.