The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

My Nephew and his wife will be adding a new baby boy to our family in June...or was that July. :) It will be his first child and he is the son of my sister with the cancer tumors. She has only one other grandchild so we are all excited she will have another one soon. :)

I hope you do get to hold that baby girl before she isn't a baby anymore Chrissy. They get big way to fast. :)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yep, they grow too quickly! This is my Colorado sisters first grandchild. She has 2 daughters. The youngest isn't married yet...just finished Pharmacy school and became a pharmacist. He first job is at Walmarts pharmacy.

Her older sister teaches 3rd grade in Parker and just went back to work after Christmas, so baby is in daycare.

5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh you should go...and go soon. How far is Colorado from Fresno?

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

It's about 1,200 miles. She is my closest sibling distance wise....all the others are on the East Coast.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  7. Holly Saunders

Registered

Are you going to go...?...this is the perfect time for you to get out and see and talk to people, and enjoy a whole different area.. does she live near the ski slopes...do you ski?

8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

not sure how far she is from Vail, but I don't ski anyway and wouldn't dare try now @Holly Saunders

I'll go ...just don't know when.

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

She does hike though and has a group that goes every Thursday....last time I was there I went along. She said it was an easy trail she took me on but I made the hike last an extra hr...she was joking but it was true. :)

She's also 10 yrs younger than I am and used to the very high elevation in Colorado.

10. Gloria Mitchell

Gloria Mitchell Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Ya know- how on a good day- you get the good parking spot at Walmart.... You do not have to wait long in a line - your cart runs well and does not squeak- you find the letter you wrote yesterday....to mail it today....This is Not one of those days :p

11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

Peak for today: The prayers worked even better than expected...I did not have to take the vision test at all and I was supposed to have to. Now my new DL is good for 6 years...thanks again everyone!

My husband got his real ID which is permanent and cost him nothing at his age. And he surrendered his DL to the DMV.

Now I feel like I can breathe again...and am so glad this is taken care of.

The Pit for today was when I walked up to tell the Receptionist that I wanted to renew my DL she punched in my name on her computer and then told me there was a flag on my License. I said: "What! What for?" And she told me she didn't know but when my number was called I would find out.

When my number was called the lady who was helping me looked up why my license was flagged and then asked me where my 1999 Kia was. I explained I had traded it in for our Kia Soul and she told me that evidently the Dealership did not turn in some paper work on it to the DMV. So since it was still being shown as mine for some reason that put a flag on my License. I got her the paperwork from our glove compartment showing the trade in, etc. and she removed the flag from me and maybe the will be fining the Dealership. I'm just glad I didn't do anything wrong...sitting and waiting for my number to be called sent all kinds of scary thoughts through my mind about why they would flag my license.

12. Jackie Stewart

Jackie Stewart Well-Known Member
    Registered

Peak: It stopped snowing.
    Pit: Gotta shovel it! :)

13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

And now for the rest of the story: I was so upset about this part of the Pit of my day that I didn't want to talk about it because I didn't know what the outcome would be. Now I know the outcome.

To get my husband's Real ID from the DMV I had to bring his SS card, Birth Certificate, Medicare card, etc... I put everything in a folder and we left that folder sitting on the outside bench at the DMV and went home without it. My husband thought I had put it in the car...and I thought he did. :( We ran a few errands after leaving the DMV and when we got home and took the things we had bought in I went back to get the folder...and it was not in our car. We had been sitting on the bench getting a little sunshine while waiting to be called to pick up the finished License and ID. I picked up my purse and I thought my Honey had picked up the folder.

I tried for 2 hours to call the DMV Office after we knew we didn't bring it home. But they do not answer their phone. My daughter called me and when I said hello she immediately asked me what was wrong. When I told her she came to get me and took me back to the DMV Office which is way across town from us. Needless to say all of us were praying that an "angel" would give that folder to one of the workers at the DMV. Otherwise the SS card and Medicare card, etc. could have been used to access our accounts, etc. It was really scary to think what others could do with that info now days.

I am so thankful to say that once again God had our back...and our folder in his care. I walked in the DMV and looked on the counter where the Receptionist was who had checked us in earlier this morning and gave us our waiting numbers...and there on the side of her monitor was our bright purple folder. I said "That's my folder...and then praise God...and there were quite a few "Amens" from those around me. I was so afraid and yet our heavenly Father had everything taken care of the whole time. He turned this Pit into a wonderful Peak and I am thankful to Him for this.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  14. Gloria Mitchell

Registered

Awe that is just great :)

Babs Hunt likes this.
  15. Gloria Mitchell

Registered

My heart doctor just called with the results of my medical stress test....
    I am great!! No blockages inside the heart...he said I am doing really good.
    He thinks all of this happened because my blood pressure just got too high...so keep thatin control and I am goid to go:p:p:p:p:D:D

16. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

Awww...that is great too Gloria! So happy for you! :):D

Gloria Mitchell likes this.
  17. Holly Saunders

Registered

Gloria Mitchell and Babs Hunt like this.
  18. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes it definitely was Holly. :)

19. Gloria Mitchell

Registered

Took hubby to work early this am. Met my BFF for breakfast at a bakery we have never been to. Was pretty good eats.
    Off to the lung doctor office. After looking at my tests, said lung capacity was only 70..not bad but not great either. I expected to hear my lung capacity
    was low. Anyways. he has me on an inhaler once a day that he says will balance me out...and do not have to go back until next year- unless I have problems.
    He did say to stay away from bronchitis at all costs. Um right. So for the most part all is well, and I am feeling great :D

20. Gloria Mitchell

Registered

Sunny today after the rain this morning. For 7 years I have had a GE convection oven that I have used 99.5 percent than I ever have the oven.
    I liked it because baking two things at once was easy. Had bought it at Walmart, and only paid $56,before tax. I loved that oven. However it passed away yesterday,
    much to my dismay:(. So today after searching the internet and various stores, GE no longer make these ovens. After three stores, went back to Target and bought
    a Oster from them. Extra wide can cook a 13x9 , that is a plus, digital clock. Now just hope that it will cook good. But am really going to miss my old one:(.
    That is my pit fer the day.

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.