The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

That's alot of running around Holly...especially after having a tooth extracted. You go girl! :)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi to all.
    Cardio dr changed bp meds...makes me very tired he said would.
    Nauseated can not eat...that about it for me...tried of tv.:(But m still alive

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you @Babs Hunt , I even drove without any pain in my shoulders as well..( although I paid for it during the night)...however..I do try and do my best lol... :D

Babs Hunt likes this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Registered

awww that's horrible... I know how you feel @Gloria Mitchell , been there and starred in that film. I hope the nausea stops before too long and you can get to eat.. and just do what makes you feel comfortable in the meantime..., and we'll be thinking of you and praying for you to be well..

Get-Well-Soon-Sunflowers-Graphic.jpg

Patsy Faye and Chrissy Cross like this.
  5. Holly Saunders

Registered

Pit...I Paid for yesterdays' jaunt... couldn't sleep last night for the pain in my shoulders, and today I've been barely able to stretch for anything, it even hurts to type.. I feel like I've got little alligator arms my reach is so limited..and sooo painful too..

Peak : My new 4TB External Hard-drive arrived and hubs bought a new cable to enable both my new HD and my other Time machine External HD to work in sync with each other.. and he's set it all up for me.. and he's transferred a whole load of files for me too...

6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry to hear about the pain holly :(
    You seem to be very technically minded - you've lost me ........... :p

Holly Saunders and Chrissy Cross like this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

You are stronger than I am @Holly Saunders ...if I'm in pain, I'm not cleaning.

As for my pit and peak today...still too early and I have a feeling it's going to be an even keel day which isn't bad.

At least I'm not sore from my therapy and I think I may do some bird dog exercise on my carpet just so I'm better at it when I have to do them in PT.

I should also clean and then I'd have a pit for the day...I'm so sick of the never ending job of cleaning.

Also, @Gloria Mitchell ..I think of you every day, hope you are well.

Holly Saunders and Patsy Faye like this.
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Gloria Mitchell I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with the new meds. Maybe coating your digestive system with some yogurt before taking the new meds would help ease the nausea. Also crackers and ginger ale might help the nausea too.

And we all are glad you are alive. :)

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I agree with Babs that yogurt is a great food to help coat the stomach while still giving you lots of protein and probiotics , @Gloria Mitchell .
    Another thing that works for me is having a protein or a fiber bar. They are usually packed with vitamins and minerals, and even a small one will help keep you nourished. And it is something that you can nibble your way through if necessary.
    I get the ones that are low-carb because of avoiding inflammatory foods; but they have a great selection to choose from at Walmart and Kroger both, and probably wherever you shop for groceries.
    We also like the whey protein powder and use it in shakes, and a little of that will help you feel like you are eating something healthy, and this can be purchased either as a powder or in ready-to drink cans. (Be sure to avoid those drinks that are supposed to be for seniors that are nothing except sugar, milk and a few vitamins, like Ensure.)
    Prayers that the new meds help and you start feeling better soon !

Hedi Mitchell and Holly Saunders like this.
  10. Patsy Faye

Registered

[​IMG] Gloria x
    Wishes for a healthy 2018 to you :)

11. Holly Saunders

Registered

No Pits or peaks yet... it's only morning...

@Patsy Faye , I'm not really technically minded ..it's my husband... . I know the basics but he's the one whose the techi one, he does everything on my computer for me...he used to build them as a hobby when we had Microsoft and towers.., but now we have Macs' he doesn't do that any more, but certainly he knows his way around them...

@Chrissy Cross , oooh I know what you mean about not cleaning when you're poorly....My friends tell me that I'm emotionally very strong when it comes to pain, and I tolerate pain levels where others are on their knees with it..so when I say I'm in so much pain I'm not coping you can be sure, my Pain levels are through the roof.
    As for the cleaning, I didn't do much, it was just a little bit of gentle hoovering... the tendinitis in shoulders won't let me do much, and the dusting doesn't take much out of me... the thing is, I'm not OCD about cleaning, far from it, but I can't look at it if it needs doing..lol.

Patsy Faye and Chrissy Cross like this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit ...it's New Years Eve and I'm all alone and will go to bed early.

Peak: its New Years Eve and I'm all alone and will go to bed early and I'm fine with it. :)

Plus I'm going to pig out on truffle mac and cheese.

13. Holly Saunders

Registered

oooh lots of people alone at New Years...I've been alone in the past too... but I just went to bed early and slept through it.

Mac & Cheese sounds like a good idea..I was just thinking just then what to make for dinner, I might have that too..

Hedi Mitchell and Chrissy Cross like this.
  14. Patsy Faye

Registered

New Years Eve ? No more staying up till 12 for me
    We'll be tucked up usual time - before 12 ! :cool:

15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We will likely be in bed well before midnight here, too. It is about 24 outside right now, according to the Weather Channel app, and only 14 with the wind chill. Tonight is supposed to be as low as 13 and wind chill factor will put us at the big ZERO degrees; so it is not going to be the kind of day to go anywhere or be outside unless necessary.
    This is really cold for us here in the South, and when I looked at northern Idaho, they are about the same temperatures as we are having down here. Thankfully, we do not also have 2-3 feet of snow to go along with those frozen temperatures. We will definitely be leaving the cold water drip in the kitchen sink tonight !

Holly Saunders and Chrissy Cross like this.