The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

PIT - Thought I would try a tonic (in the form of tablets) sounded good
    well it wasn't for me, made me feel totally 'yuk' and 'so' tired !
    I realised today it was 'them'
    I couldn't keep me eyes open any longer and fell asleep this afternoon, when I woke, I put the blasted things in the bin :mad:

Holly Saunders and Chrissy Cross like this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit......weather in northeastern Florida this time of year is basically crappy. Definitely NOT the type of weather that many would think this area, being that we are part of Florida, would be like. No snow or ice, but with a high of 50 degrees and wearing a winter coat, who would think that our area is part of Florida??

Peak.........things planned to do this week, while wife is off. Fun, fun, fun!!!

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit - Pain....and cold out with lots of snow... ( see winter pics)..

Peak... Took some photos of the snow. ( see winter pics on this forum).. Then into the warm house for some nice hot beef Wellington and baby skin on potatoes for dinner...
    Re-arranged lots of files on my computer. caught up with 2 recorded programmes on tv from loads I recorded over the last week. ordered a new 4TB external Hard-drive..

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Peak - took a pack of my usual tablets from the shelf and for some reason opened the pack to check there was
    2 foils inside. There was only 'one' ! I told the assistant so that no one got home to find only half the amount.
    The thing is, I've never checked before ! I will now - every week

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Peak: Saw the movie, The Last Jedi again. Second time. Now understand the movie much better and how it relates to a other Star Wars movies (4, 5, 6 and 7).
    Yes, wife and I are definitely Star Wars fans. We are the only ones in our families that are fans........oh well.

Pit: Went to Ikea store yesterday. WAY to expensive for us and the store is made for homeowners, not apartment renters. Other "pit", the weather here is terrible.........rainy, cloudy and cold.

6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't think you need to be a huge Star Wars fan to enjoy the movie, @Cody Fousnaugh.

My daughter and I aren't but we've seen the last 3.

Both of us know enough about Star Wars from 18 years of merchandise....meaning Star Wars toys.

Actually for me even more years...my son had Star Wars stuff.

7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Peak of today: Going to Pizza Village to have lunch with my oldest brother and two of my sisters from out of town. :)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well.......I’ve met people that have even more knowledge than I do. Like us, they have all the movies (1 thru 7, plus Rogue 1). And, I now have both magazines that get into detail about The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi movies.

Heck, my wife doesn’t even know as much as I do. But, if you was to talk to someone who is a big Star Wars fan, you’d really find out how much you don’t know about the movies. That’s what happened to me, but I was excited about learning more.

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I guess there are different levels of being a Star Wars fan or movie fan.

I'm probably on the bottom of the list. I just enjoy the movie for what it is at the time and don't worry about the other ones I've seen or not seen.

I'm pretty sure Ive only seen a couple prior to the last 3.

I'm also pretty sure that if I didn't have 5 grandsons I'd probably not have even bothered with the ones I did see.

What I'm trying to say is that you can still enjoy the movie without having vast knowledge of the previous ones.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My Peak today was seeing some of my sisters and my brother...it was wonderful!
    IMG_0662.JPG IMG_0667.JPG

The Pit would be just having a short time with them. :)

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

PIT: I had to do this new exercise at PT. Switching sides..3 reps of 10. I was on a skinny table...I felt like I was going to fall...it was horrid.

IMG_1823.JPG

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

That's a good one to stretch all your muscles @Chrissy Cross and keep you limber. I could see how you would feel a little off balance doing it on a table. I always did that one on a mat on the floor and I'm sure you will find it more comfortable on the floor too. Your PT has been doing you some good so hang in there! :)

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes, I agree...the floor would have felt better, I felt very shaky on the table when I had to switch arm and leg positions.

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

IMG_1825.JPG This is the table at my PT place that I did those on....

I'm going to request doing it on a mat on the floor next time....I'm sure they have mats.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  15. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit:....I had a tooth extraction today... Also still got lots of snow and ice around..

Also annoyed because I took all my change that I'd counted out a couple of weeks ago..and bagged up in appropriate money bags ( over £300 )..to the bank to just deposit in my account, and they said they wouldn't take more than 5 money bags at a time..why not?..I'm not asking to take money out I want MY money to go Into MY account...:rolleyes:

Peak : Came out of the dentist and went shopping ( hubs with me because he's still on work holiday)... so I was able to get a lot done in a few hours because he could carry stuff for me . Visited 3 different towns to gather up all sorts of things . Bought a new Kettle ( even tho' I didn't really need one, but mine which was very expensive is VERY noisy).. so I'm hoping this less expensive one, will be less noisy. Also got a new chrome slimline rectangle shape chrome Curver waste bin for the kitchen. Bought new outdoor gloss paint to paint the shed doors ... and stopped off at the garden centre and got a Big sack of wild bird seed..

Left home at 12.30... and got back home after all of that including the visit to the dentist by 6pm...howzaaat? :D