The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry you still haven't been able to get out and enjoy some sunshine and outdoor time with your hubs Holly.

I have never worn much makeup...tinted moisturizer usually...and a light tinted lip gloss too. For my daughters' weddings I did wear a little more. But usually I am a "what you see, is what you get" kind of woman. :)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My Peak today is getting @Yvonne Smith's Christmas Coffee to UPS this morning and on it's way to her. I have been trying to get it off to her for the past 3 days so I am really happy to have that done. :)

Yvonne Smith and Holly Saunders like this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

ah yes but Babs you are beautiful , you don't need make-up

Me OTOH...I need all the help I can get... :D

Babs Hunt likes this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Holly, if I am beautiful...then you are gorgeous! ;)

Growing up a Tomboy makeup was just something I wasn't really interested in. And when one of my sisters spent most of her time putting on makeup and primping all the time...I knew I was not going to spend my life doing that. I would not go without my moisturizer and lotions but makeup is something I fool with only on very special and rare occasions. :)

I used to have fun telling my sister her husband was really going to freak out when he woke up to her "real face" in the mornings since she never allowed him to see her without makeup before they married. She would get so mad at me! :p

5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

hahaha that's so funny about your sister because I had an Aunt like that... my aunt and uncle lived in Canada all throughout my childhood so I only ever got to see photos that they would send and she looked like a hollywood star with all the make-up... It was only after they came back to live in the Uk when I was in my mid teens that I discovered, by her own admission that my uncle had never seen her in 25 years of marriage without make-up. She'd have it on all day.. go to bed wearing it, set the alarm to get up an hour before him to shower and redo it all.... Not once did he see her without her face on!! Can you imagine that?

I have to say...when I was a teen I wore panstick..it was all the rage then..but now I only use tinted moisturiser.. or if I'm going out in the evening somewhere special I'll wear foundation..but for every day I only wear..moisturiser..and lipstick

..and thank you for the compliment you're very kind :D

Babs Hunt likes this.
  6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Coo - you've brought back memories there Holly, always wore pan stick, put it on me lips too !
    I thought I looked the business of course :p

7. Patsy Faye

Registered

Pit - made meself a cuppa tea, squeezing the teabag and it flipped and split
    You wouldn't believe the mess ! and it was only half the teabag that splattered everywhere - blast !
    Peak - Laundry's done - yay !

8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

As a cosmetic advisor for 12 years, I learned many things about the trade. As we age, less, is better, and as a younger person, seldom do you need all that.
    I only wear tinted moisturizer anymore.Multi purposed and light weight, covers well. I have virtually no eyebrows, so draw them on, with almost perfection after doing this forever. A play up on the eyes, if going out, a bit of cream blush. Wrinkles, lolo i use to have a 80plus woman come in always looking for something in wrinkle cream.
    I finally told her, you're over 80 you are suppose to have wrinkles. Wrinkles are the storyline of you face. Granted some look like a road map, but those are the ones who could use some real help.
    Moisture, genetics, play big part on skin. One of the best moisturizers, face and all over, Aveeno Moisture Lotion. :)

9. Patsy Faye

Registered

Peak - well ... I've ordered yet another pillow, this will be the most expensive yet :rolleyes:
    I get so hopeful though and can't wait for it to arrive

PIT - It will arrive and me heart will sink or rather me head will, right down to the mattress ..............:p

Hedi Mitchell and Chrissy Cross like this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I use one of those curved type pillows but underneath it I have a very thin other pillow.

11. Patsy Faye

Registered

12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

That works the best for me but I still have to play around with them until I get them just right.

13. Patsy Faye

Registered

Yea I'm fed up with all the fiddling, doesn't last anyway
    I need one that's gonna behave :rolleyes:

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

It's only when I first lay down for some reason. I fight with my pillows for a bit but during the night, they behave.

Guess I just have to show them who's boss every night, lol.

15. Patsy Faye

Registered

So that's where I go wrong :p