The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Where we are, if it’s a house, whatever is put on the curb gets picked up. If it’s metal then the junkers pick it up as they pass by unless the city cherry picker (clam shells) get to it first on Thursdays.
    If it’s an apartment, whatever fits in a dumpster gets picked up by the city or if it doesn’t fit in the dumpster then someone has to trade it to the junk yard.

Attached Files:

Beth Gallagher and Nancy Hart like this.
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

"We're gonna need a bigger dumpster."
    [​IMG]

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

John Brunner likes this.
  4. John Brunner

I'm fine. Thanks for asking.

They gave me the first dose of antibiotic before I left the emergency room and it started to help pretty quickly. Yesterday was a complete blur. I got home at 6AM (having not slept yet), and only got a couple of hours sleep before I had to take back a loaner to Charlottesville and pick up my car, then I had other errands to run. I crashed about 3PM, then my neighbors woke me up about 5PM with their car honking in my driveway for me to come out and talk. I had to ask them what day it was.

I still have this self-cath sword hanging over my head. I thought that Sunday's scare might push me into getting on top of this, but so far, "No." dammit

Bobby Cole and Beth Gallagher like this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

So this afternoon I called the Lowe's 1-800 customer service number from their website. I just let it ring and then was put on indefinite hold. According to my cellphone, that call was over 27 minutes long and NO ONE EVER ANSWERED. :mad::mad: I don't know why the simplest things are such a freakin' hassle these days. Telephone Customer "SERVICE" (lol) personnel can work from home, dammit.

Bobby Cole and John Brunner like this.
  6. Beth Gallagher

Registered

You are going to have to get over that self-cath thing. Many of us are doing crap we never wanted to do, but we're doing it to stay on the green side of the dirt. So man up!* Often the anticipation is much worse than the event. (Glad you're feeling better.)

* Since you have no wife, I and other forum ladies will be happy to nag. You're welcome.

John Brunner and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. John Brunner

What a crock. I wonder if using the Customer Service Chat might be better.

I've found that both Loews and Walmart customer service departments are tough to get hold of.

If nothing else you can dispute the charge. But you shouldn't have to do that.

8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

When I call the local store, I get mysteriously "disconnected" after they transfer me to the "proper department." I guess that's double-speak for "good luck with that, sucker." Obviously they don't know who they are dealing with. :p I'll have to see if there's a chat option; that elevator music with intermittent "YOUR CALL IS IMPORTANT TO US" crap is too annoying.

John Brunner likes this.
  9. John Brunner

First, when I had that urodynamics test and the doctor was doing it to me (3 different times) WITH NUMBING GEL, I kept saying "How can people do this to themselves??" It was bad enough toughing it out when someone else was the actor on my personhood. So I sort of do (and do not) agree about the anticipation and psyching myself out instead of up.

Second, I appreciate your standing "in stead" of a Mrs. Brunner. Not only could I use the nudge, but unlike real life, this venue has an "Ignore" button that won't get me in too much trouble. ;)

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  10. John Brunner

I think what really sucks for those of our generation is we predate Automated Attendants. What annoys me the most is "Please listen carefully as our menu options have changed." Sure they did. In 1995. I bet they put that in when they set the thing up the very first time, and it's never changed!

11. Beth Gallagher

Registered

They just don't want you punching the "0" to speak to a real person instead of listening to 41 pointless menus and the opportunity to habla espanol.

12. John Brunner

Don't get me started...

13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

OK, so the anticipation is NOT ALWAYS greater than the event. Just sweep that generalization under the rug and DO IT. Get yourself some of those small gauge catheters and some sterile lube and JUST DO IT. You can probably be gentler with yourself than any doctor or nurse... you'll know immediately when to back off and relax for a few seconds. (Listen to me, all "glad I don't have to do that shit". :p) Pardon my french, but it is shit. And you have to do it. I'll loan you my Big Girl Panties to wear. :D:D

big girl.jpg

As for numbing gel; I have a prescription for that that I was supposed to put over my chemo port and then cover with plastic wrap an hour before chemo. I did that exactly ONE time, when I realized the needle prick (not the guy with the needle but the actual prick of the skin) was not what hurts. It's the pressure put on the plastic port under my skin that hurts. But it's just for a couple of seconds, so I just grit my teeth and Bob's your uncle.

John Brunner likes this.
  14. John Brunner

Thanks, coach. ;)

15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Oh, I totally beg to differ on the "real life" not having an Ignore function. You can ask any wife about that. :p (And it works both ways, buster!!)

John Brunner likes this.