The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Peak of my day was around 2:45 when I paid $23.00 when I took my Jeep in for that battery problem. Whoohoo!!

The mechanic gave it a good cleaning and didn't see anything else wrong with it.

2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Rainy and cold - ordered nine items to pick up in grocery pick up area. I was there at 8am as text said order was ready. I waited 45 minutes in the car and cold before my items were dropped off.Get home one item not what I ordered and the one was a smaller bottle of what I ordered
    I was charged for the orginal items also .
    Back took Wal-Mart. Least will get a $21.98 credit. So much for staying out of the rain and cold.
    I have had worse days- but still not happy.
    :(

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

@Gloria Mitchell I hope you get an apology for the inconvenience when you go back.

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Both pit and peak: Extended family Thanksgiving will be held at brother-in-law's house this year instead of mother-in-law's. I had already decided I am not attending though I will send my contributions to the dinner. Then my daughter called and said she is coming down and will stay at our house. (Well, she asked if she could stay and who refuses their child??)

So even though I have barricaded myself in this house since last February (except to attend my brother's funeral in August), I can't seem to escape other people's comings and goings. I'm still not attending the Thanksgiving get-together but husband, daughter, and son-in-law will. Am I really doing myself any good to "isolate" when everyone else is going about business as usual? (And FWIW, I don't believe my little MIL has any business being out and in the crowd of relatives, but apparently no one else is bothered.)

5. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit of the day: I was on my way to take my sister to her job around 11:30 and was getting in the Jeep and as I turned the ignition I heard an awful sound underneath. I turned it off and then back on and nothing so I pulled off. When I was approaching a stop sign I couldn't brake. The brake pedal wouldn't move. I kept pressing down harder and slowly came to a stop but it kept inching forward so I put it park. I did manage to get back home safely.

I had it towed and waiting for the verdict's cost.:(

Peak: The sun is shining. :)

6. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh no, Von. That is really a pit. Hope it's not expensive to fix. :(

( @Von Jones )

Von Jones likes this.
  7. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I got the call and my pit has turned into a peak. Cost: less than $100.

8. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

That's me on the far left. :D

9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Haha. Those "wrap turns" would have me in a 'heat wrap.' Glad your news wasn't horrible!

Von Jones likes this.
  10. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Just a guess, I am saying vacuum booster. Could be a simple as a hose, but probably the canister. Sorry probably a few hundred bucks.

11. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes it had to do with some part of the brake booster, I think he said vacuum. It didn't take him long about an hour. Total including the tow about $200.

12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Pit: My mother-in-law's bank sent a letter of fraudulent activity on her bank account. Apparently someone tried to cash a $500 check made out to some "Hadeed" or something and they stopped payment. When my husband went over to MIL's to look at her checkbook, that check number had been written to a company for some Christmas fruitcakes that she orders every year. I guess someone stole the check and altered it. (The bank knew of fraud because they had already processed payment to the fruitcake company.)

The biggest pit is that the bank wanted to close her account and issue a new account number. Well, she has automatic payments, social security deposit, pension deposits, etc, etc, tied to that bank account. So a giant PITA if they do that. My husband is trying to get them to leave the account as is but since it is late on Friday afternoon they have no time to deal with it. :rolleyes: Yeah, no time to deal with a customer they have had for over 50 years.

Peak: Everything else is rockin' along. :D

13. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Why is that the banks first solution is to suggest that?

It is weird though that someone would use a check that has already been processed. Sounds like someone at the fruitcake place is a little shady.

14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Beats me. I have had credit card companies do that but never heard of a bank closing an account to reopen with a new account number. I guess we'll see how this goes on Monday.

I'm not sure where the fraud originated. The check number had cleared for the fruit cake company, so did the physical check return to the bank or where do they go? o_O

15. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I believe once a check has been received and deposited by their bank it is returned to the originating bank; then the check is either returned to the owner along with their bank statement or destroyed. So much has changed in banking since I took business accounting.

The question that really puzzles me is, how did whoever get possession of the check, was it at the bank, which one or the fruitcake company? My guess would be the fruitcake company.