The New Year And Cost Increases......."bah, Humbug!"

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, it's the New Year and along with that can/does come with cost increases of things we have/use:
    Apartment rent increase, which can be better than paying property tax for a home and the cost of upkeep.
    Cable or Satellite TV increase
    Internet use increase
    iPhone Service increase
    And the list can go on.
    Unfortunately, an increase in a job salary (Yearly Review) doesn't necessarily match the yearly increases.
    So far, we've had two increases for the year........apartment monthly rent and our Cable & Internet Service (one package). Sure didn't make my wife happy, but I told her "we want these things, we have to pay for them". Then she understood.

So, have you got any "yearly" increases in things you have/use from companies?

Ike Willis likes this.
  2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Yeah, I'm on SS, so I didn't get a cos of living raise, again. However, my apartment rent increased $15 bucks a month. My insurance company is balking at paying my doctor. The year is young, there could be lots more to come.

Bonnie Thomas likes this.
  3. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

Yep! I'm on SS too. No increase, in fact, SS monthly went down a couple dollars because Medicare went up.. ??
    The government has to balance things out ..:mad:
    So far, have had an increase in home property insurance, along with the taxes.

The year is young ....

Ike Willis likes this.