The Missing 13th Amendment - No Lawyers

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Ken Anderson, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Here's an article about the supposed missing 13th amendment to the U.S. Constitution, before the current 13th amendment abolishing slavery was passed.

According to the articles, it was unlawfully removed from the U.S. Constitution during the Civil War, after having been ignored for decades, and then replaced by the 13th amendment we're familiar with, abolishing slavery.

The missing 13th amendment supposedly banned lawyers from holding public office, the idea being that lawyers were formally registered with the British Accredited Registry, and therefore could not be trusted to hold public office in the United States of America, given their allegiance to a foreign government.

Here are links to a few articles on it. The Wikipedia entry references it, suggesting that it had been erroneously included in some copies of the Constitution.

2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

I still think it's a terrific idea, barring lawyers from holding political office. When I'm checking out a candidate, I look at his military record and whether or not he/she's a lawyer. I also check their stand on the second amendment. Three strikes, they're out.

3. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Yeah right, and who came up with this article no doubt someone who doesn't like President Obama. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if that were the case. I find it very hard to believe because unless they can produce the actual document in some way shape or form this does belong in the conspiracy area.

4. Sacheen BrightEagle

Sacheen BrightEagle Veteran Member
    Registered

My goodness. If it is ok to appoint an actor as the leader of a country, what is wrong with a lawyer? I am so weary of a whole profession being slammed for the faults of a few. I have lawyers in my family, also, currently, my son's wife

is completing her last year of law at the University of Manitoba. As she is a principled, ethical, compassionate young woman, I can only hope that a political career is in her future.

5. Sacheen BrightEagle

Registered

Whether or not someone likes President Obama should not be the issue re lawyers. Nixon was a lawyer also.

Terry Page likes this.
  6. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

And Eisenhower was a soldier.

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I included several articles, some pre-dating Obama's presidency, and one of them a Wikipedia entry. The issue began in the early days of the nation, so I don't think Obama has anything to do with it.

Ina I. Wonder and Ike Willis like this.
  8. Sacheen BrightEagle

Registered

Eisenhower was a wonderful man. Canadians respected him greatly. This Canadian works primarily with vets. Obviously, I have great respect for soldiers also. I come from a military family. My father, two uncles, grandfather

all served. My mother was a bomb girl. My aunt was interred by the Japanese. One ancestor fought in the war of 1812 on the Canadian side, another fought for America. We have served for generations. Some of my Welsh relatives still serve in the military in Britain. Although not a soldier,

My nephew is a doctor, with Doctors Without Borders.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Not all lawyers are bad. it's just the 99% that are give the rest a bad name. :eek:

10. Sacheen BrightEagle

Registered

Why Sheldon, I think you are teasing me! Lolololol.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  11. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Everyone needs a sense of humor. As 'they' say, "It takes all kinds". Our country has had heroes and scalawags, but I think we have benefited from all. And now we are getting ready to try and decide what we will end up with this time. Here to crossing my fingers. Can I say it almost seems to be a crap shoot?

12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I'm slightly familiar with the event but have't studied it....yet. I do promise to go back and look at the links but here's my two cents worth for the time being.
    If any of the numbered amendments in the constitution are suggested for removal an entire U.S. convention has to be convened prior to getting the erasers out. Otherwise, if a switch has been made the old 13th has to be brought back and removed by legal methods involving said convention and an overwhelming vote for veto.

Slightly off topic, It's interesting that our present "resident" of the white house was mentioned because he is a constitutional Lawyer. (should be read with a shrug of the shoulders)

Also slightly off topic, Abe Lincoln was the 1% Sheldon mentioned. Off hand, I can't think of another one who fits that bill. And to Ikes thoughts, Abe apparently had no problem with the 2nd amendment and although he wasn't a military person he constantly LISTENED to his military authorities which our present resident has much difficulty even slightly accomplishing.

Ike Willis likes this.