The Mandela Effect

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Yvonne Smith, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I do think that there are alternate realities; or something that we perceive as such.

Sometimes, many people seem to have the same memories of something that didn't ever happen, like Nelson Mandela dying in prison years ago, or Billy Graham being dead for several years now.
    Those of us who remember these things seem to have a lot of similar memories about what happened, which should not be unless it was many people seeing the same events happening.
    Sometimes, these discrepancies seem to happen only in our own lives, and can be as simple as a pen or set of keys vanishing, and then reappearing again either in an odd place, or sometimes, right where we have been looking for them the last 3 days. There are cars that disappear, or even turn into a different vehicle altogether.
    I remember that one happening to me, as well.
    I was driving alone down a strange road, and it was dark. The car came up behind me and followed me through several turns, and I was beginning to be afraid that it was something sinister. Then, I looked up again into the rear view mirror, and the car was just gone. No side roads. No headlights turning into a driveway, or pulling off the road. Just gone.

There are so many people who remember Mandela dying in prison that it has a name: The Mandela Effect. I am adding a link that has not only posts from people who remember about Mandela and Billy Graham dying; but also people who remember other well-known people who have been thought to have died, and didn't.
    One person asked the question of whether anyone who had these other memories had ever had a near death experience.
    I thnk that this is possible in my case, and maybe even more than once. In 1991 , I was in a horrific car crash that should have killed me, or at least mangled me beyond recognition.
    I remember being totally amazed that I WAS still alive, because I thought I was dying right then, too. However, I walked away from that crushed up mess of a Yugo, and with not much more than a sore back and neck.
    Afterwards, I remember wondering if I had actually died in that wreck, and was now somehow into another timeline where I didn't die.
    Or, maybe I was really dead, and now just thought that I was still alive. It was a very strange feeling, and lasted for quite a while after the accident.

http://mandelaeffect.com

Patsy Faye, Terry Page and Joe Riley like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

Or poor Abe Vigoda, who is still alive, long after most of everyone believed him to be dead. There is even a website devoted to his status.

I haven't had those kinds of memories but there have been things that I have remembered clearly that I later learned were wrong.

3. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens Active Member
    Registered

I've never heard of the Mandela effect before, but this feeling is something I understand well. I think part of that is because I just can't imagine a world in which I don't exist.

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I just came across this fascinating little video about the Mandela Effect, and actually about Nelson Mandela, which is where the phenomenon gets its name.
    This video shows a book that was published in Africa in late 1991, and it states in the book how terrible it was when Mandela died in July, 1991. There are links to the book, so it is apparently real, and actually written back at that time period.
    I remember thinking that he had died, and being surprised to learn that he was alive and then being released from prison, when I had thought him already dead; but since it was not something that I had followed closely, I just assumed that I remembered wrong.
    Eventually, I read about the Mandela Effect and realized that there are a bunch of us who remember some of these things happening differently.

5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Veteran Member
    Registered

I remember a guy, who I worked with, had used up all his sick days.....so he called off DEAD!;)

6. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

So was Nelson Mandela a savior of the country or a criminal? What are the thoughts? He was convicted based on having accumulated thousands of war-making munitions, was he not? Relying on memory here. At whom the battle was to be aimed, I'm not sure, likely government leaders.

Released from prison, he was elected President. This ruckus couldn't happen here! Imprisoned, even Bill Clinton would have lost re=election!

Frank