The Last Straw

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Frank Sanoica, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Has this resolved for you, @Frank Sanoica ? My daughter uses a Yahoo account and this happened to her a few weeks ago... it simply refused to let her in, or do anything. She opened a gmail account and started switching things over, after losing a LOT of important things stored in Yahoo, but then finally saw that others were posting about it, and that Yahoo was aware and working on the issue.

Bottom line, after a day... maybe two, it was suddenly okay again and she didn't have to change password or anything. All that said, do you have a gmail account? If not, it's been great for me for many years now... everything is stored in the cloud and I never have to fear losing things. Not sure what I'd do if I'm ever locked out, but I think there are pretty good safeguards to prevent that. I have a personal and work account there, now.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Denise Happyfeet Yes, I'm sure. I've tried for 3 days now, same result. They WANT that PM changed, no matter what! Frank

3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Mari North Yes, I do have gmail, as well as several others, used solely for on-line purchases. I buy quite a few specialized parts for vehicles. Frank

4. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

@Frank Sanoica , no idea if this will help, but you're not alone. I just saw this comment and a reply, written today: No, wait a second... the problem is not being ABLE to sign in???? Hehehe I'll let this here and not delete it in case I'm missing something, but it's good for a chuckle if it's what it looks like. In any case, it's not in your account alone, apparently.

Haven't been able to log in for 3 days. Message says it is temporarily locked & need to change password. Noone can tell me how to do this.

Reply: Yahoo just changed some security settings today. If you go to mail.yahoo.com and sign in, you can correct them.

5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Frank, if your password is made up of Roman numerals, then it has been around too long and you should change it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    Yvonne Smith and Von Jones like this.