The Ist Thing

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Bobby Cole, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think spell check twisted your hernia. Now you have one that takes a break every now and again (hiatus) and not quite as uncomfortable as a Hiatal Hernia. :)

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Nope no mistake Bobby, not only do I have one...but I know how to spell it..lol..but yes it can be spelled both ways..

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/hiatus-hernia/

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

yes it's absolutely no fun, there surely has to be a way at the very least for them to take you in on the time of your appointment, rather than making you wait , when you've already gone through perhaps weeks of nervousness, then 24 hours of nil by mouth..and then the fear on the day.. ...

Chrissy Cross and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

And to be sure, if we show up late or call in and cancel / postpone the same day as the appointment, we get financially penalized.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Well, slap my face and call me spanky, I just learned something new! And, since I haven't learned anything else new all day, it does make for a complete day.

Yeah, I had one for a while. Directly after an upper GI (sans anesthesia) the doctor told me I had one but it was his jabbing around that caused it.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Why is age a reason ? they say you should have this exam because your a certain age? What happens if you are 100 years old should you have 50 exams because you miss them? Would it make more sense to go to the drug store and buy a FIT test a test to look for blood in stool to know if a colonoscopy is even necessary.

Bobby Cole and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Hemmorroids can cause blood in stool.

Sorry @Martin Alonzo ....I haven't had one yet and I'm almost 67 but my kids ages 46 and 41 have because their father died of colon cancer.

Believe me...nothing makes me happier than when I hear their tests were ok.

Bobby Cole and Holly Saunders like this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

People over the age of 50 have a propensity to grow polyps in the colon and lower intestine. The polyps can and often do get cancerous without any tell tale signs such as apparent blood. There are only some guesses as to why they form and why so much more in those advancing in age.
    Signs of blood or not, everyone should get checked out because sometimes polyps do not bleed.

Holly Saunders and Chrissy Cross like this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

People over the age of 50 have a propensity to grow polyps in the colon and lower intestine. The polyps can and often do get cancerous without any tell tale signs such as apparent blood. There are only some guesses as to why they form and why so much more in those advancing in age.
    Signs of blood or not, everyone should get checked out because sometimes polyps do not bleed.

10. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Hubby is 6 years behind on his...and always has plyops. I m 4 years behind ..had a teeny weeny last time. Why are we so behind you ask ? If dr finds nothing the procedure is free. But because they found plyops before...the test becomes diagnostic...and they want $500-600 up front...to which we do not have:(

11. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

All the males on my Dad's side, his two brothers as well as himself, developed hernias at some point in their lives. I thought sure the weakness "ran" in the family, but despite the tremendous amount of strenuous work and gut-straining I have done over my lifetime, the hernia has remained on "hiatus".
    Frank

Bobby Cole likes this.
  12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

@Gloria Mitchell , my husband had polyps and had to have a colonoscopy every year for a long time after that. Medicare and his supplemental policy paid all the bill. It seems to me that if you had polyps, it would be even more important to have the colonoscopy done. :confused:

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Last year I saw the statistics published on people who were diagnosed with such tiny problems that there would be no problem at all if they let it go, just did not even know.
    But once a diagnose is made, they 'all' had problems, that most of them would not have had if no test was done.

It is wonderful , actually, how many times the healing happens and we /they/ don't even know there was anything at all , small or large.

It is likewise terrible the way in this country, usa, people are reduced to money and numbers, and told even if there is no need,
    to pay up for something they don't need, and would never need in most cases,
    and they get sicker, poorer, and often dead, from the things done to them .

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Greedy.
    Part of the sickness industry. = Instead of healing people in ways known for thousands of years,
    they may cause harm .
    No longer is the doctor's crdo "First of all, do no harm" ; rather the opposite daily.

Oh, there are a few honest ones, who help people. The honest ones usually stay quiet and do not seek any public acclaim nor publicity.

15. Jeff Elohim

Registered

As we sought honest, health increasing doctors and care givers for over a decade, and found them,

IF you , or anyone else, does the same, they can find those practicing healthy increasing methods not subject nor authorized by the government or profitmongers.
    No fear and no worry at all about any of the testing - only truthful , honest evaluations and simple ways to restore health.

Yes, "they already have" , many decades, even a century or centuries ago.
    In the middle of the last century, the druglords/makers got laws passed forbidding what's right and honest.
    ? unknown

Still , realize, it is something that happens to humans worldwide because of malnutrition and pollution and medicine. Get the right life style, diet, and natural testing outside the ama, and there's no fear nor worries.

Yes, good test results are happy and encouraging.
    Notice though that millions of test results are false positives and false negatives , that resulted in thousands of unnecessary surgeries by women who had no disease, only fear because of false medical protocols and false information.
    The natural testing is usually not free and not covered by insurance, but results in better health and no fear nor worry. Finding a natural tester though can take years.