The Intern

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Diane Lane, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I've been wanting to see this movie for quite a while. I thought I'd created a thread about it before, but if I did, I couldn't find it. The stars are Robert De Niro and Anne Hathaway. It was a good movie, and I enjoyed it, but not quite as much as I thought I would. I enjoyed that it showed how useful at least one older person could be in a corporate setting, but it did depict some of the others as doddering fools, which I didn't like. It also spent a lot of time on gender stereotypes, which I could have done without. I watch movies, for the most part, to be entertained, not to hear about the writer/producer's views.

Rachel Rodarte likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Doesn't sound like something I'd like. Maybe I should check out what's on my movie channels while they're free.

3. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh, I had wanted to see it. Sounds like it was a disappointment.

4. Rachel Rodarte

Rachel Rodarte Veteran Member
    Registered

Hi Diane,
    I really liked that movie, I watched a couple of times, now that it's on HBO, have you watched Last Vegas with Robert De Niro, I love Morgan Freeman, I love these type of movies. All movies get a rating, and what I do is if it's something I'm not sure, I give the 10 minute rule, after those 10 minutes if it's not interesting, I go look for something else. My husband will also tell me about certain movies, where they get a negative rating, for example Tammy, we watch it all the time. You know how you have those movies where you can watch over and over again. Another times I go by the picture of the movies.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016