The Hurricanes Just Keep Coming At Us, Jose Predicted To Hit The East Coast

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Yvonne Smith, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

We thought it was terrible when hurricane Harvey made landfall in Texas (and it was), and now we are facing an even larger hurricane coming right up through Florida and into Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee before it plays itself out.
    Behind Irma is hurricane Jose, which is not doing much at the minute; but when we look at the predicted models of what it will do, there is a good chance that it might strengthen (maybe into another Cat 5 like Irma), and then come ashore, somewhere on the East Coast, and maybe even near DC or New York.
    There is another hurricane forming behind Jose, I think it is Katia, or something like that, plus one in the Pacific Ocean.
    If you remember the Art Bell movie, The Day After Tomorrow, it had a monster storm that hit New York.

2. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

looks like a very active season in store.

3. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

As a person who watch the weather probably more than most. When I sailed we would download the weather fax from NOAA 4 times a day and study it and when hurricane season came ran for shelter somewhere. When I finally gave up sailing and settled down on an island right in the tracks of a lot of hurricanes. The conspiracies about which makes hurricanes or we are having more than normal. What I do know is I have watched the NOAA everyday during hurricane season for the last 17 years in the DR and 6 years sailing and see nothing out of the ordinary. Ten years ago I would see three hurricanes in the Atlantic one after another in September and no one said someone is doing this, yes it is the season for hurricanes and that is all it is. We have generated so much distrust in what the news media stories are that someone with a good conspiracy theory get traction. It has got to a point that some people think there is a conspiracy about everything to me it is a normal hurricane season.

5. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I really think Jose is going to make a right oblique and turn away from the US coast. I have willed it so.

Yvonne Smith likes this.