The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Kinda woke up this morning and did my usual thing. Coffee.
    I’ve avoided the news on talk radio as well as FB for the last couple of weeks and can’t say I miss it at all.

I do not know why, but I decided to look at FB a bit ago and the first thing I was met with is ...music. Something to stir the soul, so to speak. After playing the link a few times, I do believe that it might be a good day today!

The link on FB was a share from Franklin Graham but it also pointed me to YouTube which is the link I am sharing.
    If ya’ll have a mind to.....enjoy!

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Very nice! Thanks for post it, @Bobby Cole!

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

[​IMG]

It's a glorious sunny morning... I've been out topping up the bird bath with water, and sitting in the garden having coffee with my o/h..(he had a later start this morning, not finishing until Midnight tho'.. )..but it was nice to sit with him for a few minutes before he went off to work!!

I've got to go pick up some jeans for him from a shop in town and after that ..who knows...

It's the start of the August bank holiday, 4 days off for many people, and the last week before the children return to school, so the mass getaway is causing all the motorways to be jammed today and will be worse over the weekend heading for the beaches and airports !! Fortunately I don't have to go near a motorway today

Have a super day folks...

4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Good morning all. It is a bit smoky here with a morning temperature of 40 F. We have 3 of the grandkids staying with us and my wife is off babysitting our newest grandchild for an hour or two, so I have the here here by myself. Most of the leaves are dead and the crops are winding down, although the days are still in the 60s F. and clear. I made two small batches of tomato sauce yesterday by two slightly different methods while my spouse was at the fair doing her thing--crops displays and quilting demonstrations--so I hope she will do something with the sauce or tell me what she wants done with it. She has always been in charge of food storage for us, although I DO do some of the cooking. We also have beans to process, probably put into jars and pressure can. I froze corn and peas a couple days ago and started some pickles yesterday that will take a few days to complete. In earlier days, we would have been making cheese, harvesting honey, and, in a month or so (when it gets cooler) processing meat for winter, but we no longer have livestock and I don't currently have any bees. We don't make jelly or jam any more either, as neither of us eat much sugar.

5. Holly Saunders

Registered

Well it's been a gloriously sunny and hot day. It's the start of the long Bank holiday weekend (4days) here so all the motorways are jammed solid with people going to the beach or trips, or to the airports... I had to go into town to collect some stuff , and the traffic reporter on the radio was talking about just about every motorway had long delays on them. We never ever go away on a public holiday, for that very reason, it's a nightmare. ..altho' my husband is not got the time off, he's at work until midnight tonight

However, on the return from town, I drove around my neighbourhood , to take some photos because it was such a beautiful day and we've had horrible weather this August , and no chance to really get out much, because on the very few dry days we've had we've worked in the garden making new fences and shed doors !

It was like there had been an apocalypse today ..hardly a car to be seen on any of our neighbourhood roads... everybody clearly gone away . A Friday is usually the busiest day of the week for traffic, but not today, it was wonderfully quiet...

I took some photos then took a walk through the woods near my house ..again not even a dog walker to be seen...fantastic!!

I'm gonna post some photos of my surroundings on another thread.. but here's a couple from this afternoon...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Good morning. I'm up early despite having less than four hours of sleep. That will probably mean either an afternoon nap or going to bed early tonight.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

For some reason, we both had a hard time getting to sleep last night, however, I've been up since 7AM and it's a couple minutes until 9AM. Will be waking my wife up shortly.

Went to local theater and seen The Lion King last night. Nice/comfortable recliner seats with large popcorn and large Coke. We love lions and tigers and my wife has been wanting to see this movie. We both seen the original one, but this one was so real looking it was unbelievable! We both loved it.

Weather here was 96 yesterday, but very, very nice without the humidity we had in Florida. Humidity was actually 15% here.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  8. Holly Saunders

Registered

Afternoon all...

It's just after 4pm..it's 92 degrees here, sunny but extremely humid.. and like a fool I've been painting fences in the back garden..so I'm hot as can be now. :eek:

I did have sun factor on, and a hat, and stopped regularly for a 5 minute cool down break, with a cold drink...but Sheesh!! I think I still got overheated, I feel exhausted!!

Bess Barber likes this.
  9. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

@Holly Saunders Is 'sun factor' a brand or a name for suntan lotion? I like reading your posts because sometimes, you use cool words I never hear in the USA. I can pick up a whole new vocabulary. :D

Hedi Mitchell and Holly Saunders like this.
  10. Holly Saunders

Registered

No it's not a brand name it's just a colloquial name for suntan lotion... ie factor 10/15/25..etc...'' Sun factor'' or ust sometimes ''factor'':D ..I'm very happy you said whole new Vocabulary and not a whole new Language...

11. Holly Saunders

Registered

goodmorningcoffeeclock.jpg

Mornin' all... another Glorious sunny day today, altho' the temps are starting to fall to a more comfortable level, and I'm happy with that!

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Been up all night off and on. I think perhaps the margaritas last night did not help. Have not done this awake all night thing in a while.The lack of sleep always messes with me:(

13. Holly Saunders

Registered

Mornin' all...

goodmorningcoffeebeans.jpg ...Sunny at the moment.. and 62 degrees, forecast to be around 70 later.... Have a good day whatever you're up to today peoples...

14. Holly Saunders

Registered

[​IMG]

It's a glorious September morning... Friday the 13th and the anniversary of my mums' passing.. !! I always say hello to her...

May you have a lovely Friday 13th, and may the leprechauns look after you.. :D

15. Holly Saunders

Registered

[​IMG] Mornin' folks....another week closer to autumn... have a super day..