The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

The good morning pic I posted reminds me of this picture I took of my daughter and my family ( cut the family out)... in Spain

[​IMG]

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Registered

Morningnews.jpg

I have to drive to the hospital this morning for an MRI scan on my knee... the same one I had X-rayed privately 3 months ago, but this time it's on the NHS and I've had to wait 3 months for it, and I'll have to wait 2 weeks for the results....but still at least I'll get to find out what's going on with my knee..

The hospital is a 40 mile round trip so I'm anxious about driving, and the pain caused by it ... but hey what can I do.. ?

Wishing you all a Good start to the week!!

3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Boy, things are tough sometimes, but I hope this at least gives the answer to the pain. Now the remedy might be a bigger question.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  4. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Raining like crazy at the moment. It is almost midnight, but it is light outside even with the clouds. We are almost at 18 hours of daylight between sunrise and sunset, and with the twilight it is never dark at this time of year. This is when it is great to live here. We had a little 4.2 earthquake yesterday, and it freaked out a lot of people. I think some folks are suffering from a bit of PTSD still from the November earthquake.

5. Holly Saunders

Registered

Morning Don.... it's almost 9am here... sorry you had another little Quake yesterday, not surprised that people are living on their nerves after last Novembers' quake...

Must be really cool to have daylight at midnight.

In summer we get daylight until around 10 pm.. and not proper dark until about 11pm...

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

You are pretty far north as well, so there is a lot of daylight in the summer and a good bit of darkness in the winter. The Gulf Stream moderates your temperatures more than the Japanese Current does ours, though.

Yvonne Smith and Holly Saunders like this.
  7. Holly Saunders

Registered

Mornin' All....

It's a Glorious sunny warm morning..I'm tempted to go out and take some Spring pictures.. . After yesterdays' exhausting day tho' I'm not sure if I'll just stay home in the garden, or not, we'll see ..

In the meantime here's a picture I took a while back of a horse tethered outside our local village pub... cute huh?...

[​IMG]

Have a good Tuesday everyone....

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Did someone ride the pony to the pub, @Holly Saunders? It is finally looking like spring here now too, but there is considerable snow still on the mountains. Wife worked on town yesterday, and we visited one son's family in the evening and grilled burgers. This morning was a vet appointment for routine stuff on the dog, and she is working at church this afternoon. Today is our 42nd wedding anniversary, so I made dinner reservations for the evening but nothing else. Two years ago for our 40th we went to Hawaii for a couple weeks, but nothing so extravagant this year. The trees are nearly fully leafed out and the temperature stayed above 40 F. last night.

How is the knee, @Holly Saunders? Has it recovered from the trip to the Imaging Center?

9. Holly Saunders

Registered

Yes the pony was ridden to the pub @Don Alaska , we have loads of horses and riders around these parts!!

Yes the knee isn't doing as badly as I expected today..little sore, but nothing I can't cope with *touch wood*, thanks for asking!!

Good news about Spring finally appearing..despite the snow topped mountains...

[​IMG]Happy Anniversary....

Don Alaska likes this.
  10. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Thank you @Holly Saunders!

11. Holly Saunders

Registered

Morning folks....

Thursday2.gif

It's going to be a Glorious sunny day today ..mid 70's F . I said I wasn't going out today after a very tiring week... but the sun always beckons me so I'm meeting up with 2 friends from work, for a drink later, after I go and Vote in the election!!! I might get some photos while I'm out!!

A little bit of historical Trivia..it's the 200th anniversary tomorrow of the birth of Queen Victoria, and her original bed is still intact and on show..amazing!!

can you imagine a bed made today still being in perfect condition after 200 years? :eek::D

Hedi Mitchell and Don Alaska like this.
  12. Holly Saunders

Registered

Good day all....

It's been a glorious hot morning. drove to our nearest town to pick up a dress on order , and then took a big box of clothing donations to the charity shop. Plonked myself down on a bench for 10 minutes with a cold drink, taking in the loveliness of everyone enjoying the sun sitting on the grassy boulevard..

[​IMG]

Today is the start of the May bank holiday, so a lot of people will be off work for a long weekend, and the children will be off school for 10 days ...

Today our Prime minister Theresa May resigned after almost 3 years as PM due to the demand of the public and her own cabinet...so now there will be a mad panic to find a replacement for her who can continue with the Brexit talks , and hopefully finally put an end to it all.....

Have a good Friday, and w/e everyone....

13. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Saturday morning in Sydney and another perfect late autumn (Fall) day here in the south of the city. We had our hottest summer on record.. reckon we may have just had our driest autumn. Not good for the lawn which has been replanted after the electricity people laid new cables early this month. Sydney Vivid Festival starts this week.. may see it live again this year as it promises to be better than ever.

Just added salt to my pool, scrubbed the steps and doused it with algae killer. It is finally starting to resemble the water clarity I had before a storm blew hundred of palm seeds into the pool a year ago and all but destroyed it. It has taken me all this time to make the pool swimmable again.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

[​IMG]

Sydney was hit by a blast of icy air yesterday.. first snow falls of the year on our Alps so it feels like winter already.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It is a beautiful weekend here, too ! Looks like we are going to have a hot summer, as well, @Craig Swanson , but at least we usually get enough rain in this area, even when it is hot.
    We have one of those little round Intex pools, and Bobby set it up in the back yard. It is about waist deep and 10-12 feet across, so not large or deep enough to swim in, but perfect to go out and cool down with.
    I don’t have to have the little pool ladder to get in and out of this one like I did when we had the larger, taller Intex pool. Since I swim just about every day at the fitness center, it really does not mater that this one is small, and it does what we need it to do.

Holly Saunders and Craig Wilson like this.