The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Did you ever get your patella reduced, @Holly Saunders? We had a nice day yesterday, but it is supposed to storm today. It isn't raining yet, though. My wife finished her garden wall yesterday with only a little fatigue. I think we are beyond the hard freezes at least for the year, so I will install the automatic window opener in the small greenhouse today. I checked for water in the big greenhouse, and the water line is still frozen where it crosses an area of permafrost. I have always intended to blow the line free of water prior to freeze up, but I never seem to get it done. I have to change attachments on the tractor soon, so I can better maintain the gravel driveway.

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

No @Don Alaska , I'm still getting weekly physio on my knee, although I haven't been to him for the last 2 weeks, because I put my damn back out..:rolleyes:.

He thinks it could take quite a few months of weekly sessions to try and get my kneecap back in place, ..but once I've had my MRI and I can see what's going on internally, perhaps my physiotherapy will be more affective. In the meantime I have to wear a patella support brace for a couple of hours a day

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Registered

Morning all....

Glorious hot , sunny morning here.. we've just been sitting out in the garden having our morning tea... and feeding our regular visitors, the Collared Doves, & Wood pigeons... the blue tits, sparrows and finches have their own feeding station.. I took this picture about 15 minutes ago while were out there...

Just getting ready to go out and take pictures of my husbands car that he's putting up for sale...

[​IMG]

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  4. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Temperature is sitting right at freezing this morning. The water line finally thawed to the big greenhouse, so my wife planted tomatoes there yesterday afternoon. I told her it was her fault that the temperature dropped last night.... Hopefully nothing will be harmed, as we didn't build a fire in the greenhouse stove last night. We attended one of our grandson's birthday parties yesterday in the cold wind and rain--it was outside at a lake. He just turned eleven. At least it doesn't look like it snowed. The cherry trees are near to blooming, but the other trees are still dormant in the orchard. When we stopped by church last night to drop off flowers for a Mother's Day tribute, I noticed there i s still one snow pile remaining where it was piled up by the snow plow during the winter.

Holly Saunders and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Holly Saunders

Registered

Mornin' all...well it's Mid-day ...

Another glorious day here blue, skies, the tiniest of breezes...and mid 60's , yesterday we had 70 and I actually got my arms tanned while were out and about.

I've been messing around in the garden this morning just doing a little bit of odds and ends , but the garden is looking lovely!!

For those who may not have seen my pictures from yesterday , this is our neighbouring farm.. where we buy organic food from their farm shop.....

These Cows are really huge, if I stand next to them I'm barely up to their shoulder...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think if I was to buy half a cow it would last me 20 years.... :eek::D

Have a good Monday everyone, I hope the sun is shining on you all

6. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Looks like a postcard idyll. Always thought those idylls would be in Bavaria only.;)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  7. Holly Saunders

Registered

LOL well unless they've moved Bavaria to near me, or I was airlifted to Bavaria yesterday without my knowledge, then nope we have them all here...LOADS of cattle, sheep & pigs..not only just this farm but many more.....although nowhere nearly as many as they have in the North of England or Wales...

I took these photos around this time yesterday afternoon ..:D

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    Don Alaska and Thomas Stearn like this.
  8. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Are they Brown Swiss cattle? Do you know?

Yvonne Smith and Holly Saunders like this.
  9. Holly Saunders

Registered

No Don, they're Pedigree Simmental cows mainly females at this farm . They're very large but very docile Dual purpose cows, excellent for both Beef and Milk...and they're popular with farmers here because the mothers rear their calves on Milk and not concentrate!!

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  10. Holly Saunders

Registered

Good morning all.... Another glorious Sunny hot morning. I have to stay home today which is irritating, but I'll sort out some clothes for our holidays, find out what fits and doesn't since last year!!

I've been sitting in the garden having a drink watching the antics of the birds ... the council gardeners are cutting the grass out on the pavement, so everything is looking really neat again out front..

Here's a pic of my favourite little bistro cafe in the next town....

cafe.jpg

have a good Wednesday everyone....

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Holly Saunders

Registered

Friday.jpg ...

Well , after a week of glorious sun , we've got a cloudy and chilly day today. Rain is forecast for later... so I'm staying put, and not moving from my cosy house...

have the best day you can folks....

Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Moose yesterday and hares this morning. Our gardens are going to have a tough time....

13. Emma Smith

Emma Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

14. Holly Saunders

Registered

15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning or afternoon ...where ever you may be. Can't belive May is almost over- geez! Hope all have a good Sunday:)

Don Alaska and Holly Saunders like this.