The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

It was a sunny morning but the storm clouds are rolling in and thunder is rumbling. The sky is getting black so I think we are going to get a "frog strangler" as my grandma used to say. I hope we don't lose power; that seems to happen quite frequently with spring/summer storms.

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

''frog strangler''?...Ha!!! I like that :D

I've just got back from the supermarket, I haven't been shopping since my back went out a couple of weeks ago, trying to be careful...... and as I took the bags out of the boot... my back went into spasm, so I'm having to sit with a hot water bottle against my back!!o_O

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh good Lord...do I need to come there and care of you:D:p

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Registered

Yes , if you wouldn't mind.... can you do the shopping and the hoovering for me ? :D... I'll buy you ice cream...

I think I'm going to have to start getting it delivered, I don't like doing that because I like to see and feel the produce, and check the longest dates, but I may have to start doing it..

Hubs always says he'll do it for me on the way home from work, but I hate to put on him after such a long working day...

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Magnesium is good, and I take 400mg twice a day, because it helps my heart; but since I started doing that, I don’t ever have leg cramps at night, either.
    Plain old Epsom salts are magnesium salts, so you can also soak in that, or even just soak your feet in it and your body will absorb the magnesium through your feet.

Also, @Holly Saunders , when you go to Spain, then it will be my turn to come and take care of you....
    And about that “checking the longest dates” .....most of them are the same size, so just go ahead and order the package of dates delivered. (Chuckling as I type this)

6. Holly Saunders

Registered

hahahah you are funnnneeeee.... @Yvonne Smith

[​IMG]...btw you can come to Spain with us any time you like... :D

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@Holly Saunders ..I luv ice cream:D.
    Sometimes I order on line then pick up at Walmart. ..usually they do well picking produce. It is nice to that sometimes.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Supposed to be sunny today but it was cloudy and a bit rainy. The high was around 60 F., so it was pretty warm for us. A big storm is said to be moving in tonight, so we may be getting one of those "frog stranglers" but I doubt it.

As far as magnesium goes, there is a purpose for both topical and oral forms. As @Yvonne Smith mentioned, her heart does better when she supplements with it, and her cramps go away. I have experienced the same. I had severe cramping and spasm after my injury, and the magnesium supplements have made those much better and less frequent. I also sleep better when I take them. I have no heart issues that I am aware of, so that is not an issue. My wife uses the topical stuff on her legs, and she believes that it helps her. Epsom salts is magnesium sulfate and is absorbed through he skin just as the topicals are. That is why athletes sometimes use soaks or poultices using it. Absorption is not as facile as the chloride and other salts, but it is cheap and provides a source of sulfur, which is good for the joints.

I hope all had a good Tuesday and will have a happy Wednesday as well!

9. Holly Saunders

Registered

Mornin' folks....

It's absolutely piddling down here... really heavy rain, no wind thank goodness..but the rain is falling hard...

I was just thinking..aren't some people odd?...
    Our local supermarket is one of the few that isn't 24 hours.. it closes at 9pm and it's instore bakery, starts reducing the bread products around 5pm...to make fresh the next day...

I was just co-incidentally at the store yesterday just as the bakers' asst was marking down .. and after marking down around a dozen loaves of various bread ..he left to do something else ..

I took 2 loaves..and a man a few feet from me picked up the same type of loaf I had , which hadn't yet been marked down, so I pointed out to him that the bread further along the shelf was marked down drastically ( bear in mind this is bread baked that morning)... ..he looked at mine and shook his head and said he'd stick with the one he'd got ...a few seconds later I mentioned it to another woman who'd just arrived, and she did the same thing, preferring to pay over a £1.20 for bread that was reduced to just 11p...

madness....

Photos from my shopping trolley...:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Holly Saunders

Registered

Well I think the world has turned upside down...we're in May and we have 52 deg, torrential rain , and it's black as pitch out there with cloud .. and only 5pm.... o_O

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Same thing here today, @Holly Saunders .
    Yesterday, almost 90 and sunny, playing in the garden kind of a day; today thunder and pouring down rain.

We must be under the same cloud.......let’s share my umbrella !
    B4D7FCB8-15E1-43EA-B821-0935F5E7263D.jpeg

12. Holly Saunders

Registered

awww kyoooot doggie, I'll share a brolly with ya both... :D

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  13. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Sunny heere now and 42 F., but it has been raining steadily for the past two days. Very unusual, as this is usually our dry season when we have to live in fear of wildfires.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Rain Rain go away ….. rain seems to be everywhere. Water logged. Very, cool out this morning after another rain last night.
    We are off today to see my brother and stay until Sunday -un maybe Monday morning.Cooked a pot roast, potatoes and carrots to take, have never taken food before, but wanted to do something for different this time. . This is an Aleve day for me,thank goodness, I rarely have to take-but after cleaning kitchen cabinets, and up and down on footstool yesterday, me ole body is achy this morning. I even used our old and heavy sports massager .
    Should be fit here shortly:).Hope you all have a great week end, safe, and pain free;)

15. Holly Saunders

Registered

Enjoy your few days away @Gloria Mitchell , sounds like you're going to need to rest a while, I'm sorry you're so sore, but you know, I know what it feels like.

My knee is giving me hell today.. although I had the x-ray done on it last month and they found only general wear and tear in the skeletal area , and having the physio it's not helping a great deal, so on the 20th I'm having an MRI because my PT thinks I have a meniscus tear , which can only be detected using MRI , it can't come quick enough tbh!!

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.