The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Hapoyw Sunday morning

Attached Files:

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Afternoon all, from my home to yours...

cherryblossom.jpg

It's a glorious Sunday morning here, albeit a little chilly in the garden, but nice and warm with the sun streaming in here through the window...

My computer has been an absolute Mare this morning, every day it goes wrong in one way or another.. I have 3 more days and I get a new all in one Apple Mac desktop for my birthday, I can't wait.

last week I sent my brand new Iphone X back to apple for repair..(only 3 months old and £1000..and it wasn't working)...they called and said that the whole insides were fried and they had no idea why, so a new one was sent to me yesterday, let's hope that doesn't go the same way...

@Don Alaska my daughter ''Don'' ..has asked me to thank you for her birthday wishes :)

Have a good Sunday everyone...

3. Holly Saunders

Registered

BTW @Don Alaska , I better put that straight..my daughter is not a guy,..lol... her name is Donna, but we always call her Don... :D

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi to you all, sorry to cause worry by my absence, it's just that my life has become increasingly complicated over the past few weeks, my daughter Cathy recently got married and has moved out of the house we share together, and I am now sharing with her two sons plus another friend who will be moving in later in the summer. The upshot is I needed to convert the cinema room I made here, into a small bedsit for me to stay in during the brief times I am in the UK, I am only here for another 10 days, so I have been working day and night to get it finished, which has been exhausting :eek:.

The other complication of my own doing, is after being engaged to Lisa for some 16 years, we decided to get married in Russia this June, ........... to cut a long story short we have opted for a Buddhist wedding in the local temple in St.Petersburg, no we are not Buddhists and they don't believe in marriage, but that's another story. ;)
    The ceremony is arranged for Sunday the 16th June and I have arranged flights for my daughters and their husbands plus several friends are coming as well Lisa's daughter and a lot of local friends in St.Petersburg.

The Lama who has been appointed to us

[​IMG]

The temple

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  5. Holly Saunders

Registered

WoW!!! Big news @Terry Page , no wonder you're exhausted... A wedding, yeaaah!!!:D Given that the Buddhists don't believe in marriage will it still be a legally recognised wedding? Beautiful Monastery ...

Congratulations to you & Lisa :D

I'll let you tell the story about how the Buddhist idea came to be, another time..

Has Cathy gone far?..will you still be nearby where she's living when you're in the UK?

All those answers need only need be answered when and if you are not so tired... but nice to see you posting!!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I had made that assumption.;)

7. Holly Saunders

Registered

Well I thought you might think I'd got the names mixed up lol...

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Holly Saunders

Registered

Morning all...

mording.jpg

It's a glorious sunny morning...however quite windy..

I sat out in the garden with my coffee this morning, it's all looking lovely at the moment, after hubs spent all of Sunday trimming up all the shrubs and roses after the winter Hiatus...

Have a super Monday whatever you're planning...

Terry Page and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Just when we thought we could put away the sweatshirts and warm coats, it is now cold here again ! Bobby was sitting out on the front porch this morning , drinking his coffee, and typing on his iPad , his usual place, but bundled up in his warm clothes and heavy puffer jacket.
    It is in the 40’s, so probably that seems warm to those of you who actually do live where the weather really gets cold; but for us, it is like a return to winter.

I have two more little iPad Mini’s arriving today, and will make sure everything works fine and then advertise them for sale.
    Since they are an older iPad, they are a lot more reasonably priced for me to buy, and probably easier to sell, then someone having to come up with several hundred dollars for a newer and larger one.
    Right now, I don’t even have a Mini, but I am seriously thinking about getting another one, I just can’t seem to find a real reason to have one.
    I already have the 13” iPad Pro, which is what I use for just about everything since it is larger and has the keyboard case, and I have the regular sized one (9.7) that I use when I do not really need the keyboard.
    It is the one that I carried with me when Robin took me to Hawaii, since it is smaller to carry in the backpack.

10. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

20 F. this morning, but very sunny, so it will warm into the 50s by late afternoon. With this sun, we have to watch that the greenhouses don't overheat. We want the temperature into the 70s but not into the 80s yet, as the spinach, lettuce and radishes would prefer the cooler temperature. When we get eggplant, tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers going out there, it will be different. Then we want to keep the temps out of the 90s but always above 50. It got down to 26 in the little greenhouse last night.
    Anyway, good morning to everyone and I hope you are enjoying your spring, even if it is getting nippy in the morning in some locations. I think much of our cold and snowy weather got shifted to the south this spring. No flowers out, but I do have hybrid violas blooming in the attached greenhouse. This is the first time I have tried starting flowers, as it is normally my wife's realm of expertise.

Yvonne Smith and Holly Saunders like this.
  11. Holly Saunders

Registered

Morning all...

good_day_090.jpg

Another sunny, warm day... now wind today at all, so that's a bonus!!

Gotta go out in a while to have my weekly physio on my Knee..otherwise no plans for today...

Hope you all have a super Tuesday...

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  12. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

13. Holly Saunders

Registered

Morning all...

It's a glorious Warm Sunny Good Friday..and forecast to be the same for the whole of the Easter Long Holiday weekend...
    [​IMG]

Hope you all have a lovely weekend, and good weather!!

14. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Good morning!

Thistle blossom taken with the new smartphone camera yesterday. It does well when you give it something to focus on, but not so well on regular scenery. I don't have the patience to learn to change the settings because they never stay changed. lol

milkweed blossom 4182019.jpg

Yvonne Smith and Holly Saunders like this.
  15. Holly Saunders

Registered

Oh that's an absolute Beauty @Nancy Hart , it's amazing isn't it how far we've come with phones ?..My iphone takes better pictures than my camera now, if only it had the zoom lens my camera has it would be perfect!!:D

It's 4 pm here..it's been an absolutely gloriously hot day today..I've spent most of the day gardening, had to keep stopping for a cold drink, but the garden is looking lovely..

My neighbour came around for an hour and we put the world to rights, ...so now I've come indoors to cool down a little...

It's a Holiday weekend here so most people have time off work today...

Nancy Hart likes this.