The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Thanks, @Holly Saunders, but there is no one to help. I agree that I don't want to injure myself further, but is is fairly small as tractor tires go and it simply has to get done. We live with the earthquakes, and the one this morning was only disquieting because we just went through one that was damaging. When warmer weather gets here, we have a lot of patching, mudding, and painting to do. Hopefully, the dishwasher was the last major expense to deal with.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

yes I remember the last one, very scary..As you say, hopefully only the dishwasher needs repairing from that...

Don Alaska likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

165726-Colorful-Good-Morning-Beach.jpg

Good Morning everyone. :)

This past Thursday both my Honey and I were given good news by our PCP...our chests are clear and we are both feeling stronger and better with each day that passes. Getting my strength back and having the cough lessen has been such a blessing.

I leave Friday for a 4 days sisters weekend in Gulf Shores, Alabama and I'm so excited that I'm going to be able to spend time with my sisters and at the beach again. The weather will be "iffy" with chances for rain and sunshine but I'm believing God will bless us during this weekend together so I'm just not going to be concerned with weather predictions. One sister will not be able to make it but our SIL will be with us on this trip and that will be a nice addition to this trip.

I was kind of hesitant about leaving my Honey since he no longer drives...but my daughters have promised to step in and be there for him if he needs and even take him to our grandkids sports games if the weather allows. Tomorrow we will go shopping and make sure he has plenty to eat while I'm gone. My youngest daughter will be bringing him a couple of meals too. It is nice to not have to worry about him while I am away for those 4 days.

This past Sunday we went to see one of my daughters in her role as the wicked Stepmother in Cinderella...she was awesome. My daughter bought our tickets and chauffeured us there and home again. It was a very pleasant outing for both of us. Our granddaughter is the one on the far right in the burgundy, white, and black outfit. :)
    52141218_1991107697604418_704912886140502016_n.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well...have a blessed day!

4. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

5. Holly Saunders

Registered

I'm pleased for you @Babs Hunt that you'll be able to get a lovely beach break with your sisters, I know a while back you said you'd all had a bit of a falling out so I'm happy you'll get some time away with them, and at the beach too....will it be warm at the beach at this time of year? Good news about you and hubs health check!

Lovely picture of your granddaughter too..

Don Alaska likes this.
  6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Yesterday was just such a delightful day for me-why I do not know why other than the sun was out and I could hop in and out all over town without a coat or heavy wind.
    Bought me 6 new tee shirts and some, trip to the post office, went and had my glasses re adjusted- I just kept finding reasons to stay out much as possible:).
    Saw the new heart doctor. I was a bit taken back, as he is 8 years younger than me and has clearly had a stroke in the past. I had mixed feelings about seeing him, and have struggled to figure out just why. Personality wise - um ok, but not as chipper as my original doctor. Considering I am still well enough,that I only have to see him once a year.guess I will stay with him for now.
    Today take hubby to a doctor that refuses insurance, and just has flat monthly fees according to how much you need to see him. But he is also a lifestyle doctor, so
    am sure he will make some "you need to stop this" stuff to the hubby. Anyways, since he is not old enough for complete Medicare until next year, am hoping this will work.
    Enjoy the day, rain or shine, bask in your own breath taking :);)

8. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It’s cold and wet with a fairly stiff breeze coming from the north. Yep, not a day for sunshine and flowers.

All that said, I can truely say to heck with that darned groundhog and his prognostications. I saw a flock of geese flying north by northwest a bit ago which gives me a more reliable clue as to how long this cold weather will last.
    They’re probably going to land in one of the many ponds that surround the area we live in and take a rest for a few days, that is, if they have any idea how high the snow drifts are up north. If they decide to further their trek past the Mason-Dixon line, they may vote for another leader once they hit some areas with frozen over ponds.

Nothing else to report other than my coffee is getting cold as I sit out here on the porch. Perhaps I should move inside where it is warm and bit more hospitable. Jus sayin’.

9. Holly Saunders

Registered

Sounds like getting out and about and the good news about your health @Gloria Mitchell has really brightened your mood.:D

I know what you mean about getting out as much as possible. I'm someone who gets out as soon as the sun shines, and lately due to health issues I haven't been able to do that as much as I usually would... at least not without pain, and driving makes it worse. Anyway it's sunny and warm today..I've been out pottering in the garden,and sitting just enjoying the glorious sunshine..

Tomorrow morning I have to get an MRI scan on my spine..and the hospital is a 40 mile round trip, so I'm staying home today in the hope I'm don't create too much pain to prevent me driving to my appointment..

10. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Don Alaska and Holly Saunders like this.
  11. Maggie Mae

Registered

12. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The forecasted snow didn't arrive. They were predicting 10" but we got 2". The sun is out and bright and cheery, and the world looks good this morning. Today is "Veteran's Shopping Day", so I will be going out in a few minutes. Usually my wife goes with to handle coupons and such, but she is working, so I am on my own today. It will take me considerably longer. Moose hanging around outside, so I have to be careful when out with the dog as they take him to be a wolf, and he doesn't like the big ungulates trespassing on his turf. More planting and transplanting to do, and I get my first big order of potting soil tomorrow.

I sure hope all goes well for you, @Holly Saunders with your scans tomorrow. I know what you are going through, and I certainly wish you well.

13. Holly Saunders

Registered

Thank you @Don Alaska .:).......good to hear you didn't get all that predicted snow..

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Holly Saunders

Registered

Good Morning all...

[​IMG]

It's really foggy this morning.. it's supposed to lift late on and be sunny,..I hope so. I'm just killing time now until I leave for the hospital shortly...

have a good day everyone if you can!!

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  15. Maggie Mae

Registered