The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Morning all....

It's a beautiful sunny morning.

The birds in my garden are hungrier than because it's getting ready for the breeding season... so I have to make sure there's lots of food and water for them

IMG-46200.jpg

..and a picture from our local nature reserve lake

IMG-413222.jpg

Hubs is off work today and for another few days, which is good news because he's worked so hard this last while and staying away overnight on several occasions , he desperately needs some downtime. .

he's just left to take a 90 minute drive to another county to a showroom to look at a new car. I didn't go with him, much as I'd like to have gone, because when men get talking about cars they're there for hours, so I decided to stay home..

We'll go out tomorrow for lunch or dinner, after I've had my physio

Lovely pictures of the children @Babs Hunt ..

Sorry to hear about the dishwasher damage @Don Alaska , I suspect you feel lucky that , you got away with so little damage,, much as it's annoying.. at least it can be replaced.!!

Have a good day all.....

2. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

3. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The clouds are finally here, and the temps are in the 20s F. with calm winds. I could see outside by 0830 this morning, so I know spring is coming. I have a new dishwasher ordered and it will be out here on Friday. I am sure we will find additional damage when all the snow melts, but hopefully it will be minor. I did take my lady out to dinner after she got off work yesterday and I showed her the appliance I had picked out. I wanted to make sure that she was in agreement with my decision. Now I have to get my driveway plowed wide enough that a truck can get down it...and clear a better path to the door.

5. Nancy Hart

Registered

6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Morning all...

Sunny this morning albeit a little cold...going out to the pub for lunch today...other than that no plans..

Tomorrow the forecast is for sun so the plans are to go into the city to the 02 Millennium Dome, and take a ride across the Thames on the Cable car... I've never done that, so if I'm up to it we'll take the train into London rather than drive, (30 minutes).. and then have a trip on the cable car and get some (hopefully) good photos...

best to go at this time of year before London gets full of tourists

[​IMG]

7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Y'all have a wonderful time Holly! :)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

First...……Good Morning, folks!

Took another step in preparing for our move. Took the letters spelling "Jacksonville, FL" off of the back of our boat, right below the name of our boat.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

good-morning-quotes-4.jpg

It's 42 degrees this morning with sunshine and no rain predicted...I'll take that. :)

I made my home made chicken breast and fresh veggie soup yesterday and I threw in lots of minced garlic which is supposed to act like a natural antibiotic. I don't know if that works or not but my soup was delicious and I shared it with my neighbor and my youngest daughter who along with my Honey enjoyed it just as much as I did. I have found that you can throw just about any veggie in that soup...except broccoli which I found did not blend well with the other flavors and was to overpowering. I also would not throw peas in my soup because I hate them. Brussel sprouts would probably be overpowering too. But cauliflower, yellow and zucchini squash, etc. work fine along with the regular cabbage, carrots, green beans, corn, rotel, potatoes and Holy Trinity seasoning I dump in my soup pot with those seasoned chicken breasts.:)

My Honey is getting sick now, although he doesn't have a sore throat, just a cough and runny nose. I am sure glad we both have appointments tomorrow to see our Primary Care Doctor. Please pray that she does not say the word pneumonia to me...I have been having a deep pocket of pain in the lower right corner of back which reminds me of the pain I had with my last bout of pneumonia.

May your day be filled with peace and moments of joy.

10. Maggie Mae

Registered

11. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

12. Maggie Mae

Registered

13. Nancy Hart

Registered

Good Morning and Happy Valentine's Day

roses2.jpg

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It is chilly this morning, but still in the 40’s , which is good because of the HVAC going out yesterday. We have been using the little electric heaters until Bobby can replace the little part that he thinks is causing the problem. We really only need 2 rooms heated, the living room is the main place where we sit around, and a little heat in the bathroom and a little to warm up the bedroom before we went to bed last night, and now it can stay cold.
    The sun is shining, and it is supposed to be in the 60’s for most of the next week, and I think we are working our way into spring.
    Daffodils are blooming out in the front yard !

Bobby’s brother is here from the Netherlands for a visit, and he is going to be stopping by to see us this weekend.
    It has been a while since he has been here, maybe 2 years, so it will be good to see him again. He is several years younger than Bobby, and has lived overseas for as long as Bobby and I have been married. He has a fiancé in Germany, and it sounds like he plans on retiring there, so we rarely get to see him.

Holly Saunders and Terry Page like this.
  15. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I am slipping into life here in my second home, the flights here went like a dream, all early and not full, so plenty of room, the cheese arrived safely and is in the fridge and freezer, so we are all ready for a siege if needed [​IMG]

Hae a good day, ...... [​IMG]

Yvonne Smith and Holly Saunders like this.