The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Cody, Cody....I know all that since you have certainly posted about it enough. But you asked...and I stated my opinion. Believe it or not I know some real cowboys and cowgirls too...and even had a short stint as a cowgirl once myself. But I don't define myself as anything but a Christian. I also was a hippie at one time, but I grew out of that too. We try many things in our life but they are just part of us...not who we are. I think Tom Selleck makes a fine cowboy just as I'm sure you and your wife believe that you and she make a fine cowboy and cowgirl too. :)

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Ok, but I define myself as still knowing how to bridle a horse, put the saddle on, swing a loop and catch a steer for my heeler. I'm very, very proud of my past and we keep up with professional rodeo standings. We have met many World Champions in pro-rodeo. I'm no longer a contestant, but definitely a fan, as my wife is as well.

Actually, Babs, I was also involved in Cowboys For Christ and knew it's Minister. Cowboy Church services are held on Sunday AM in the arena of different rodeos, before that afternoon's go-around would be.

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

:) Good for you Cody. You know if you're really looking for cowboy land...Texas and Oklahoma would be a good place for your cowboy leanings too.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Nope. To much of a fan of the good old Rocky Mountains and nice size Bull Elk. Plenty of cowboy stuff, including rodeo action, happens in Colorado, Wyoming, Montana and the High Plains States.

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well this is something we can definitely agree on although for different reasons....Colorado is beautiful and when I went to meet my Honey's mom and brother up there I fell in love with its beauty....but I know I could not live through the cold winters there, nor live that far from my daughters and grandkids. Even though there are so many other places that have so much more beauty than Louisiana...Louisiana is home and will always be home to me as long as my loved ones are here.

By the way Cody I really like your avatar...it's a wonderful picture of you and your wife.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

You might have already read about it, but Deb Copenhaver just passed away the other day. He was one of the all-time rodeo greats, and I remember seeing him ride at some of the pro-rodeos in Spokane.
    He had a restaurant in eastern Washington (Deb’s Cafe, or something like that), and it was full of photos of his rodeo trophy rides and pictures of him with other well-known rodeo greats of that era, like Casey Tibbs. We stopped there to eat if we were driving west on highway 2, and they had some great hamburgers, as I recall.
    Deb was also part of the Cowboy Church, and I believe that his son was a pastor. Here is what was written about Deb in the Spokesman-Review (Spokane paper)
    http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/feb/09/deb-copenhavers-legacy-reached-far-beyond-his-heyd/

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Personally don't remember him, but he was a rough-stock rider and I was into team roping. I have met Larry Mahan, Charlie Sampson and Walt Garrison among a few others that are in the Pro-Rodeo HoF in Colorado Springs, CO.. I also know about Casey Tibbs and Jim Shoulders. I've also seen the movie, The Great American Cowboy w/Larry Mahan and Phil Lyon.

8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Glad the storm has passed, @Holly Saunders. The outlying parts of our state are getting pounded by storms, but there aren't many people out there, and those who live there are pretty much prepared for anything. We have a good bit of snow, but the weather otherwise has been quite pleasant. We are now moving in the time of year when snow blindness can be an issue if one is outside for long periods.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  9. Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae Veteran Member
    Registered

Good Morning Everyone !

one.jpg

10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

706504660_257842.gif

It's real foggy over here this morning but hopefully the sun will peep through later on today. After I drop my Honey off at work I'm taking my first outing in almost two weeks of being sick to go to the bank and Albertsons. I'm hungry for my homemade chicken vegetable soup today and need a few ingredients I don't have for it and a few extras besides. I am finally starting to get some strength back and my cough is easing some. Praise God!

I've missed my grandchildren while I've been sick but woke up this morning to these pictures. I love them. 51729513_304303490279580_6448678320161685504_n.jpg 52323697_395736477865907_214710706526748672_n.jpg

Of course this is just a few of my grandkids...but oh how nice it was to see their joyful faces this morning. Enjoy your day and hug someone you love today...we can never give or get enough hugs. Hugs...they do a body good! :)

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Absolutely RIGHT, Babs, about hugs!!

Babs Hunt likes this.
  12. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Today has been a family day, first lunch and a catch up with my daughter Caroline and then on to my brother Geoff this afternoon, he is more or less the same on the permanent chemo pills and living his life as best he can, we discussed growing old withdrawing from life and dying, all downbeat topics but we had a laugh at it all as well.

I will finish off my packing tomorrow and then early Wednesday morning I fly off to my second home [​IMG]

Have a good Monday everyone..... [​IMG]

13. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Bright and sunny here. It was supposed to warm today, but it was below 0 F. this morning when I got up. We discovered some residual earthquake damage yesterday. Our dishwasher was cracked underneath. We are looking at replacements now. We will examine things more closely tomorrow. I will be working on starting more plants this afternoon.

14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

You live a very interesting and adventurous life Terry...thanks for taking us along with you on your journey. :)

Terry Page likes this.
  15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

good-morning-sayings-quotes-images-7-f37e4fa0.jpg Good-Morning-Quotes-20.jpg

I love that each morning is a new day although I have to admit some days it seems like the same old, same old. Each day though is different and each day is what we make of it. We may not have control of the things that happen in our days, but we do have control over our attitude about what happens. At the end of the day when today's page has been written in your life...I hope you can smile and look forward to tomorrow. God bless you and your day with love, joy, peace, and good health.:)

Terry Page and Don Alaska like this.