The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Love seeing farm and farming pictures. Sure reminds me of my old high school days on a Farmall tractor with John Deere, Case International Harvester and Massey Ferguson around me (other farms).

Can't take any photos, like Holly took, here, BUT, when we were in Colorado and southeastern Wyoming, plenty of corn and soy bean fields and tractors sitting around. Lots of rolled up bales of hay also.

Maryt Hope and Holly Saunders like this.
  2. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Good evening all, have been gardening the last couple of days, it's cooler today and we had a couple of short showers earlier. I have been playing with my new camera which I had to buy recently, because my old faithful Sonny made some humming and grinding noises and died :eek:

The new one is a Canon and does time lapse shots, so I just took the sun going down in the back garden/yard, enjoy your day/night

3. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Beautiful, Terry!

Terry Page likes this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Terry, what Canon did you get?... you know my 'must haves'' for a camera, does it have an electronic -optical viewfinder?

Terry Page likes this.
  5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

No hay or corn or soybeans here, @Cody Fousnaugh , but here is my wife working with our little tractor:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Maryt Hope

Maryt Hope Veteran Member
    Registered

Good afternoon everyone !
    Another hot Thursday.............
    Thinking of autumn :
    [​IMG]

7. Holly Saunders

Registered

Good Morning all....we have RAIN!!!!!! yeaaaaah!!!!...still warm, but much cooler than it has been, I hope the rain stays on all day, and gives the lawns and shrubs a good soaking.. ..and keeps the air refreshed...

Have a good Thursday folks...

8. Terry Page

Registered

It's a G7X MkII @Holly Saunders but it doesn't have an EVF, to be honest because I wear glasses, and find it difficult using a viewfinder, I don't use them anyway.
    It does have a touch screen, which I thought I wouldn't like, but I love it you can compose focus and take a photo from the screen, much like a smartphone,

The main plus is that it has the essential 1" sensor which gives you the great indoor/poor light shots, plus I bought it from Amazon Warehouse as an open box return, so it was half price, at just under £300. ;)

The Canon G5X may interest you, it's essentially the same but does have an EVF. I think since Sony developed this larger sensor you will find a lot of makes on the market using them, the Panasonic TZ100/SZ100 has an EVF and is worth looking at .....
    I hope you find one that suits all your needs....

9. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Beautiful...um ..how come there is commericals airing after the video is finished? Did you do those to :)

10. Holly Saunders

Registered

Oh yes I forgot that you're not keen on the EVF Terry...but I will have a look at the Canon G5X... not keen on Panasonic... but I don't want to end up with anything like that Sony..remember? :eek:..great camera without the EVF..but with it...a disaster!!. Thanks mi chico.... I'll go and have a look at the reviews of the Canon

Terry Page likes this.
  11. Terry Page

Registered

Hi everyone, I have been gardening all day again, it's the small section at the bottom of the rear garden/yard, because we are on a hill the garden slopes down in three sections. It was overgrown with buddleia bushes and weeds, but is a lot more manageable now, hopefully. I will trim the hedges tomorrow, if my back recovers, it's a tad painful at the moment, I am not as young as I used to be [​IMG]

I hope you are all having a good day,

A couple of photos of the garden, plus a lot of bluebottle flies appeared while I was digging, I must have disturbed a nest .... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

47 F. this morning and cloudy, but not raining at the moment. Two grandchildren are coming over in a bit to pick from our abundance of raspberries. The flood warning has been downgraded to a watch, but some of our friends have washed out roads, so they cannot get in our out of their property until the water recedes.

13. Maryt Hope

Maryt Hope Veteran Member
    Registered

[​IMG] Good afternoon everyone !
    Enjoy the weekend !

14. Holly Saunders

Registered

Afternoon all...

from my home to yours..... ( our village church)

14825747226_fa18745599_b.jpg

It's a glorious hot day again after much needed torrential rain yesterday which flooded most of the roads, but unlike your friends @Don Alaska , I was still able to get in and out of my house despite the huge puddles on the access roads...fortunate that I live on top of a hill most of the water goes down...and doesn't sit here very much!! The fact we've had little or no rain for months meant that it flooded so much quicker because the ground was so hard and dry!!

Anyway, now the gardens have had had a good soaking and the sun is out... hubs has just been up on ladders attaching a new solar light to our barn shed, so we're going into town to pick up some supplies from the DIY store.. and get some lunch!! Apparently we're to get some more rain tomorrow...

have a good weekend everyone...

15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered