The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Thursday morning we will be going to Kansas to visit hubbys niece. We are talking Little House on the Prairie folks...literally !
    Aside from there one neighbor, there ain't much for 50 miles. His niece is a certified doula .. ya know midwife, that's what she does bedside a host
    of other jobs while living on the land. Pistol on one side, pitch fork on the other.
    Am planning on going to Boot Hill in Dodge City, maybe I can get some pictures. I will probably pop in, off and on, but may not post.
    Just thought i would throw this info out there, incase ya should miss me :D

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Say howdy to Dillon, Chester and Festus for me. I know Kitty won’t be there because she moved to Care Free, Az. :)

Don Alaska and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  4. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

5. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Hello from Vienna airport, which is strangely deserted [​IMG] it's very hot here as well, at least outside it is, in the 90s, it seems most of the world is roasting.
    Hope you are managing to remain cool [​IMG]

6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Low 70s F. (~22 C.) and sunny here. The sun is bright but our days are getting shorter. We have to enjoy the few weeks of delightful weather here, as soon it will drop below freezing once again.

7. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

8. Maryt Hope

Maryt Hope Veteran Member
    Registered

Good afternoon everyone !
    [​IMG]

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Good Morning from 77 degree and 97% humidity Jacksonville, Florida...…….IOW, sticky and sweaty!

Well, August is here. Our trip to the Front Range (Colorado) and Cheyenne, WY is over, but my wife is sure missing how much better she was able to breathe there. Putting a folder together of info to get ready to move to northern Colorado next June (hopefully). Between now and then, I have to get laser cataract surgery, hearing aids and a colonoscopy. Wife has to get a colonoscopy also.

Have to continue repacking some things and getting rid of other things. Except for one picture, our apartment walls are bare. All pictures are either packed up or going to be sold or given to the Goodwill.

My wife told me this morning, "sure am looking forward to leaving here and going back to where we belong, even with the winter they get." I totally agree with her.

Maryt Hope and Holly Saunders like this.
  10. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

So now you've got a general date to move @Cody Fousnaugh ...still almost a year away yet, but you're right to get everything you don't need all packed well in advance. Is your wife still going to be working right up until you leave?

11. Terry Page

Registered

Good evening folks, I am finally back home and feeling completely disorientated, not surprising I guess after all this travel. I should be back in the real world tomorrow hopefully, and will catch up on here, I hope you are all well [​IMG]

A couple of photos of a deserted Vienna airport yesterday, it's the fourth time we have been there and it always seems quiet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Wife will continue working, unless she get's laid-off. A somewhat stunning number of employee's have quit the company, but she still has her job. If she does get laid off, she will go with a temp service until we leave. Temp Service, depending on how far away from home she'd have to drive. Right now she is only driving 7 miles to work, with 5 of that being a short time on the freeway.

We both wish we could turn in a Notice To Vacate our apartment now, call a moving company and already have someone lined up to haul our boat out there, but there are those medical and vision things that have to be done first. She will illegible for her full 401K, from her work, this November. Due to the winter weather there, moving before May is pretty impossible, due to the possibility of Mother's Day Weekend Snow that we experienced when we lived there before.

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Just to let you know, Holly Saunders, even though both of us had some arthritis pain (my shoulders and her fingers), when we were in Colorado, it basically worse here. My wife told me this AM that her fingers hurt more here than they did there. She uses a balm we have, but, apparently, the much lower elevation IS worse for us.

One other thing, Holly, I'm now taking, in the AM, both Turmeric and Devil's Claw to see how they both work on me. Yesterday was my first day taking both once. Obviously those two are much better than taking ibuprofen to much.

14. Terry Page

Registered

Good evening all, the heatwave has returned to the UK and I am exhausted by it, have spent most of the day lying around and chatting to Cathy who is off work this week.

I am going down to spend the weekend with Lisa tomorrow, Katya and James are going for an 80 Km walk over three days in Devon.

Here are photos of our last supper in Macedonia, it was a lovely restaurant and the food was great, especially the fried zucchini, we have had them three nights running and these were the best.

Enjoy your day, stay cool or warm wherever you are....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Macedonian traditional roast with three meats and veg..

[​IMG]

A baked apple dessert

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    Maryt Hope and Don Alaska like this.
  15. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Looks good, @Terry Page! It is 57 F. here and raining this morning. We are moving into our rainy season now, so I expect much of the same until frost in about a month. We are overwhelmed with zucchini now as we were overwhelmed by greens earlier. I should be outside working, but I have become a sissy in my old age, and don't want to work in the rain unless it is truly necessary.

Maryt Hope and Terry Page like this.