The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning Terry :)
    I like the first one, reminds me of Ike
    The dining room is smashing
    The third one reminds me of meself !

@Terry Page

2. Patsy Faye

Registered

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning....for a second I thought someone posted my pic without my permission! :)

I slept in again! Daughter and son in law came home yesterday and the boys and I met them at a restaurant near the airport to celebrate grandson getting into his first choice university.

Rained all night again, going out and about with my daughter today.

Babs Hunt and Patsy Faye like this.
  4. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning to you all on a warm dull Tuesday morning, it's 8:00 and after a few coffees I will get up and start my day.... [​IMG]

After finishing my decorating last night I had an early night and watched some youtube videos in bed, and got totally lost in a poetry channel, suddenly it was 1:00 am so I had a short night in the end [​IMG] but the poetry healed my soul, so I am very much at peace today..... [​IMG]

Here are three watercolours for a February Tuesday Morning, enjoy your day whatever you are doing......... :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    Ina I. Wonder and Patsy Faye like this.
  5. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I hate computers. Mine hasn't worked at all the past two days and is really slow this morning. I hope all is well for everyone, I'm not going to take time to read all I've missed.

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

th (16).jpg th (1).jpg

Morning all. It's a brand new day and my Heart Doctor gave me the okay yesterday to begin an exercise routine...so I came home from my appointment with him and got on my elliptical bike for 10 minutes and that was plenty for my first day.:) It's been ages since I had a regular exercise routine but I know I need one because at almost 66 years old my get up and go...has got up and gone....and I want it to come back. I cannot change my age, but I can change the way I feel and look at 66. But I'm smart enough to know that it took a long time to get so out of shape, etc. and it's going to take some time and effort to undo these things too. But yesterday I took a step in the right direction and today I am going to take another step there too.

So may your day be a new beginning for each of you in one way or another...and may your joys out weigh your sorrows today. :)

7. Patsy Faye

Registered

[​IMG] About how I feel today :p
    We are in day 2 of fixing up the unit for the computers, will give us a bit more room
    Hope today is good for you :) x

8. Terry Page

Registered

A very good morning to you all, I am still up to my eyes in white and magnolia paint [​IMG] but starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel

In the meantime wishing you all a good Wednesday...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

An old allegorical tale I love...

The Wise Woman's Stone
    A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation.

The traveler left rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime.

But, a few days later, he came back to return the stone to the wise woman. "I've been thinking," he said. "I know how valuable this stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me this stone.'

Anon

9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

spring.jpg

th (32).jpg

Spring is "springing" up all over our big yard and we are so happy to see this happening. It wasn't a bad winter here in Cajunland, but our old bodies are not reacting very well to cold weather these days so we are thankful for mild winters. I love seeing flowers blooming all around me as I run errands and Robins all over the place this past week. Life is blooming once again not only for everything around us, but in our hearts too.

Enjoy your day whatever it may bring your way and don't forget to count your blessings and give thanks for each one of them.:)

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Computers get slow due to age and/or lack of Memory. Also can depend on what Windows program is being used. Windows 10 is much faster than Windows 7.
    Just a little info.:)

11. Patsy Faye

Registered

Good afternoon here to you all :) x
    Buzy bees today 'cos we decided to clear out 2 MAN DRAWERS :eek:
    ready for the fixing up tomorrow
    We had a laugh though with the silly things me darlin' had kept (just in case) and the
    'Ooo, I didn't know I had that' :p
    Its daft keeping some things, 'cos you just don't know you have them !
    :D

12. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Ha ha!

Patsy Faye likes this.
  13. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Patsy Faye , I bet your hubby thinks it's all "really" good stuff too. My husband was like that as well. :rolleyes:

I'm still going through his things, and one of the things I found was the first thing I ever bought him. In 1967 I bought Michael a bamboo back scratcher for $0.25 + $0.01 tax. :oops:

So I now have one more piece of stuff that I'll not use, but I'll never throught it away either. :)

Terry Page and Patsy Faye like this.
  14. Terry Page

Registered

A very Good Morning to you all from a bright and breezy Worcester, very strong winds are forecast today, so time to batten down the hatches, living on top of hill we often get various bins and pieces of garden furniture blown around...

Have a good Thursday...I am decorating as usual.... [​IMG]

Two things to do on a breezy day....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Ina I. Wonder - I threw out the back scratcher Ina - used once, many years ago :p
    The funniest thing was a box of plugs, that he had cut off appliances with a bit of wire still attached to them
    I says - they're going, when I turned to look at him, he's holding one of the plugs with a pouty face, near to tears
    I laughed till I cried, he looked so funny swinging this plug on a bit of wire
    'appliances come with plugs now me darlin' - says I :p