The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Terry Page I hope you keep having all that wonderful energy for quiet awhile and I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of your room renovation. :)

@Cody Fousnaugh Enjoy the nice weather, I know I am but it has been really windy here for most of the week and I hope this wind does not bring any more tornadoes our way. That will be a nice record you will have of all your stuff when you finish it. :)

@Patsy Faye Hope you're are feeling okay today. :)

Ina I. Wonder and Patsy Faye like this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks Babs - going through a rough time, no let up yet - nice to be thought of :)
    @Babs Hunt

Ina I. Wonder and Babs Hunt like this.
  3. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Terry Page - I would love to paint that picture :)
    Good day wishes to you all Xx

4. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning to you all,
    I woke at 6:00am and have an easier day today, mainly finishing off the decorating job by re-fitting curtain poles blinds and the TV to the wall.

The next project is the living room which hasn't been done since we moved here back in 2003, so that is a major job, involving laying a new floor, removing old ceiling coving and so on, plus I will construct an artificial chimney breast with plasterboard to improve the look of the room......quite a daunting task really, but while my energy is still flowing it should be straightforward.

Enjoy your Friday

[​IMG]

Patsy Faye likes this.
  5. Patsy Faye

Registered

Pace yerself Terry - pace yerself :p
    I know you're full of energy and want to get things done - but take a rest too, won't you :)

@Terry Page

Terry Page likes this.
  6. Patsy Faye

Registered

upload_2017-2-10_8-48-13.jpeg Everyone Xx
    Feeling a bit brighter today, hope it lasts a while :)

7. Terry Page

Registered

Yes I hear you @Patsy Faye but I am off to Russia the middle of next month for 3 months, (lots of opportunities for rest there) so want to catch up with all the jobs here before I leave, so as not to leave Cathy my daughter with lots of unfinished jobs ;)

Yvonne Smith and Patsy Faye like this.
  8. Terry Page

Registered

Good to hear you are feeling brighter, as you say I hope it lasts...:)

Patsy Faye likes this.
  9. Patsy Faye

Registered

Russia - again !
    It'll be COLD !! :eek:

Yvonne Smith and Terry Page like this.
  10. Terry Page

Registered

Yes I go to Russia 4 times a year, but Lisa's apartment is 25c all the time and I love life and the people there........plus Lisa of course ;)

Yvonne Smith and Patsy Faye like this.
  11. Patsy Faye

Registered

That's good to hear, made me feel all cheery :)
    @Terry Page

Terry Page likes this.
  12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

124108-Good-Morning-Friday.jpg

Had such a wonderful day yesterday as I went out for a few hours to buy Valentine's for my Honey, my children, and grandchildren. I go to Dollar General for this where cards are 2 for a dollar, a dollar, or two dollars at the most. Then I buy a bag of candy they all like and divide it among them too. My Honey gets his own bag of peanut butter and chocolate hearts along with his card. This year there was something new at DG and I bought myself a bag of that and even ate a few when I got home. They are delicious and only a dollar a bag.
    IMG_4093.JPG
    I mailed the cards out to my children and grandchildren last year but even though these cards were all mailed on the same day...everybody didn't get theirs on the same day and a couple of my grandchildren's siblings got theirs while that grandchild got none. He thought I forgot him and that upset me to no end. So this year I will be hand delivering everyone's Valentine's except for my daughter and her family in Texas.

Valentine's Day and Thanksgiving are my two favorite Holidays to celebrate each year and that's because loving my family and giving thanks for all my blessings are two of my favorite things to do every day of my life!:)

It's Friday and I hope that this week has brought all of you lots to be thankful for. Looking forward to a nice warm weekend and some family time, along with the grilling and chilling! :p

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Today we will be a little below average for high temp, but this weekend will be nice and warm. Both Sat. & Sun. In the middle to upper 70's.

Currently, running the dishwasher and then will see what trouble I can get into in our apt. (only kidding).

My wife loved the potato pancake I made her this AM, before she went to work. Made it from the mashed potatoes I made, w/chicken, last night for supper. I was up this AM at 5:15, so I'd have time to make it. She loved it!

This won't interest most (or any) of you, but I got my new Darth Vader FX Lightsaber yesterday. Already have one, but broke part of it when I fell at a Halloween Party last Oct. The new one is terrific, and at $159, it had better be! Old one cost $35, but new one is like a collectible, not a toy, like my old one. Anyway, we both love how it looks.

14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Do you "play" with it @Cody Fousnaugh? I like the toys you can play with. When some of my grandchildren were growing up my daughters decided to collect "Beanie Babies" for them so I would add to their collection now and then...but when I found out my daughters wouldn't let my grandchildren play with those Beanie Babies when they wanted to, I never bought them another one of those. To me toys are to be played with not gathering dust on a shelf, etc. But I know to others "toys" can become collectibles hoping that some day they will be worth alot of money. To each his or her own in this matter. :)

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

All of our Star Wars items are collectibles only, that are displayed on shelfs. The new Lightsaber isn't a toy and it states that on the box, as in "not recommended for children". However, will use it with my costume in October.

We also ordered a Stormtrooper Blaster Holster for my wife. That way she won't have to carry her toy plastic Blaster around in her hands.

Babs Hunt likes this.