The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you for your kind words !! I'm glad Dad could help uplift you when you needed it most !! I had to laugh when you said he taught you to talk to yourself..LOL....I have a VERY bad problem doing that !!
    I never knew he spoke of us kids....that makes me feel very good !! Thanks again for being a friend & caring for Dad !! God Bless you !!

2. Ike Willis

Registered

Thank you !! Yes he sure did have MANY great stories ! A few years ago I typed out all the stories he had at that time, and made a book for him....I totally forgot about it until we were digging thru his stuff to find pics for the funeral & I came across it !! This will be displayed at the funeral....I am very proud of his writing! I will love reading thru these again. Thank you for your kindness to Dad, & God Bless you!!

Babs Hunt and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  3. Ike Willis

Registered

Thank you....I will need all the help I can get to get thru Wednesday. Thank you for being a friend to Dad, I know he cared for you all so much !! God Bless you !!

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

A lot of the stories that your dad told us were about things that happened when he was a young boy growing up, Bethanne (@Ike Willis ) . If you read back through his posts here and printed out the ones that pertain to family history, it would be almost a memoir of his life and stories about your grandparents, things that would be treasures to pass on down to your children and grandchildren about their family history.
    When my heart got bad; my oldest son asked me to start writing down some of the things that I remembered about his grandparents, and also about life back in the 1950's, as well as stories that my folks had told me about their earlier lives.
    I started a small online blog so that anyone of the family can read it, and started writing down stories in there, and as something comes to mind, I add another story.
    In a way, this is what your dad has done as he shared those wonderful growing-up stories with us here on the forum, and I think if you look through the posts, you will find some stories that you will want to keep. Your dad was an amazing story-teller and it makes you almost feel like you were right there growing up with him to read those stories.

Joe Riley and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  5. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning I am up and preparing for another day of decorating today, I completely stripped the bedroom yesterday and broke up most of the old furniture and cleared the decks, I need to re-plaster one wall and then paint out the whole room. It won't take that long and my energy is running high on magnesium much more potent than gasoline [​IMG]

Have a great day whatever you are up to ......it's a wet and mildish morning here at 7c....

[​IMG]

Ina I. Wonder and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Bethanne, if you are reading this, Ike (Dennis) was a longtime member of Kountry Life Forum. He used the name Hoppy. I copied your message to us and posted it there under my name rkunsaw. He had a lot oof friends there too. here is the link if you want to read it. http://forums.kountrylife.com/viewforum.php?f=5

7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

shrunk11.jpg
    Good Morning. :) It's going to be another Spring like day over here in Cajunland. Yesterday I made a trip to Walmart and stocked up on things we were running short on and on the way home I saw my bright and sunny yellow "weed" flowers were in full bloom again in the ditches on the road to our home. This is always a sign to me that Spring is definitely on its way and seeing those bright yellow blooms never fails to bring a smile to my face. :)

This Spring like weather also makes me thing "beach time" again. I wish we had some beautiful water areas around here but Bayou water is muddy waters and not appealing at all to me. I don't know where the water in the picture that I posted is...but that water is appealing to me and I would love to be sitting in a cushioned swing drinking my morning coffee while gazing out at the view. ;)

It's kind of lonesome here this morning knowing there will be no story from Ike this morning but I know Ike is no longer sick or in pain or stuck in an apartment all day long because of the illnesses he had to deal with in his earthly life. Today Ike is free from all that held him down and I can just see him exploring the beauty of heaven while thinking up new stories to share with his friends and family there. One day we will see Ike (Dennis, you will always be Ike to me) again and get to hear those new stories too. It's a blessed day today just because we were all blessed to have Ike in our earthly life...so smile when you think of him today...and know he is smiling right back at you. :)

8. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning. The tree guy didn't make it until late afternoon so I'll do my shopping today. I need to go to Walmart, the bank, the feed store, the building supply store, and the post office. Oh yeah, I need to buy lottery tickets too.

I miss Ike's stories. I have stories I might tell now and then but I don't have the gift of telling them the way Ike did.

9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ike Willis

10. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

upload_2017-2-7_12-35-33.jpeg Everyone Xx

Terry Page and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Terry Page

Registered

I suddenly woke up at 4:30am as fresh as a daisy and ready for another day of decorating [​IMG] ......... I am on my second coffee and all is quiet and dark out, the best time of the day for me, it's 5c out and damp and forecast a sunny day......have a great Wednesday everyone....

[​IMG]

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

272020-Good-Morning-God-Bless-You.jpg

Good Morning. May God be with Ike's family as they lay his body to rest today and may they feel God's peace and comfort hugging each one of them in their sorrow and grief. Today as they say their final goodbyes to the earthly presence of their dad, I pray God will fill their hearts to overflowing with their dad's spiritual presence and love for each of them. And may God be with each of us and we say a final goodbye to Ike too. I know Ike's spiritual presence will live on in each one of our lives that he touched with his stories and his presence here. Ike blessed alot of lives here and left us the blessings of his stories too. A fine legacy to share with us all from a fine man who we all will miss. Thanks for the blessings Ike, we won't forget you.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  13. Terry Page

Registered

I woke at 5am today..... again full of beans, I hope this new found energy lasts [​IMG] ........it's 3c out and the forecast is a dry cloudy dreary day, so no spring on the way yet.....

Enjoy your day whatever you are up to.....

[​IMG]

14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

138505-Good-Morning-Something-Wonderful-Will-Happen.jpg

Good Morning @Terry Page and one and all.:) It's a brand new day and I hope we all find joy and blessing in it. It seems as I've gotten older I find joy in the little things of life...like my daughter sending me these two pictures of my Luvies who are both getting big way to fast! Hope my sharing them with y'all this morning brings a smile to your face like it did to mine.:)
    15871414_10154008428536207_1323048189_n.jpg 16683507_10154102980586207_310214471_n.jpg

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, Good Morning everyone! Today I continue to take photos of things we have, along with the serial numbers. I will then process these photos onto our home usb and print the photos out to put in our safe deposit box at our bank. We've never, since we've lived in this apartment, had a problem with theft, but just never know if/when it might happen.
    Today, also I have to do some dusting and vacuum.

Currently it is kind of windy and temp high today will be 72. That is a 8 degree drop from our high yesterday. We have part of a cold front that came in and the rest of it will come in later to day. Tomorrow the high will be 63; down about 10 degrees from what the temp is right now. Saturday and Sunday looks to be fabulous with high temp around 80. That will make it some 12 degrees warmer than average for Feb.. Looking VERY forward to next month/March and the Time Change (back to Daylight Savings Time). More time to take a walk after my wife gets home from work. Lord knows, we need the exercise!

So, everyone have a good day........or try to.:)

Ina I. Wonder and Patsy Faye like this.