The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Were going to do something outside today, before the Super Bowl starts, but the temp just isn't warming up that fast at all. It will be a high of 70 today, but that probably won't happen until around 3PM. When we lived in Colorado, we expected it to be cold during the winter months, but sure didn't expect Florida to be as cold as it gets. I mean, this IS Florida! People move here to get away from winter cold, not wear winter-type coats, etc. Northeastern Florida is noted to be colder during the so-called "winter months" here, than the rest of Florida. Hopefully, it will be nice, and warmer, next weekend.

2. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning to you all from a frosty Worcester, it's just on freezing point and still dark at 6:00 am....... I slept reasonably well so gradually adjusting to time difference, waking at 5:00 am......I will make a start on decorating one of the bedrooms here, while my energy is still up...
    Have a great Monday......

[​IMG]

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Terry Page likes this.
  4. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

It's spring!!! at least for a couple of days. Temps in the mid 70s today and tomorrow. I need to go shopping today or tomorrow. I hope the tree guy gets the stump ground today. I going by the building supply store to see if they can recommend someone to build my deck. It's hard to think about hiring someone to do things I've always done myself. It might be fun though to watch someone else do the work.

5. Patsy Faye

Registered

Good morning all
    Trying to get me little laptop set up to use - proving difficult :rolleyes:
    Hope today is kind to you Xx

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am glad that you got the laptop, Patsy, and hopefully, the job of getting it set up will not be too difficult. It is supposed to be warmer this week, and a couple days should make it up to 70, and we are definitely looking forward to Spring's arrival. The tulip trees are blooming on the sunny areas here and I saw someone had daffodils in bloom already. Pretty early this year, I think. We have daffodils coming up, but not read to bloom by any means, and nothing else is doing much here as of yet.
    My son, who lives in Idaho, has had a lot of snow this winter, and here is one of the pictures that he posted of Bonners Ferry at night, looking across the Kootenai River.
    IMG_0221.JPG

7. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

This is Bethanne again , I don't know if I'm doing this right or not...I posted Sunday but can't find it. But I just wanted to let you all know my Dad passed away late saturday night. He's been having more problems then we were aware of. They say he had heart failure & kidney failure. If he continued on to do the next steps to try to take care of one issue then he had to deal with another issue & it was causing him too much pain. He didn't want to be on machines and all the things they would have had to try to fix, would have only prolong his pain. He was trying to bail out of the hospital before they could help him. We talked him into trying to get relief for one of his problems which was kidney stones, but the next procedure he would have had to go thru, he was adamant that he did not want to continue. So here we are today !! Wishing I could have just brought him home & taken care of him! But I just wanted to let you all know....and tell you he really enjoyed this forum & his friends...I know he had some very good friends here!!
    I don't know about any other forums he may have been on....this is the only one he told me about & wanted me to keep you informed.
    But once again a huge THANK YOU for caring about my Dad !! Love to you all, Bethanne <3

8. Patsy Faye

Registered

Bless you Bethanne and thank you for thinking of us at this time

9. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi Bethanne, there has been a new thread started in memory of your father...so it wouldn't get lost in the good morning thread as time went on. I'm glad that your father is at peace now, as it seems that's what he wanted.

http://www.seniorsonly.club/threads/ike-willis.6401/

Patsy Faye likes this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Thank you for the update, @Ike Willis (Bethanne), and explaining more about what was going on with your dad. There is a memorial thread here on the forum, and some of your earlier posts have probably been moved to that thread, which is why you can't find them here anymore.
    I can't begin to tell you how much everyone cared about your dad, and ever since he was in the hospital last year, he has been especially in our hearts and prayers. We will miss him a lot here, and it is heartwarming to know that this was his "online home and family" that he cared about enough to ask you to keep us informed.
    The memorial thread is in the "People I have Known" section, under the sub-forum, "memorials". Here is the direct link if you want to read it, and also you can post directly into that thread if you want to.
    Thank you again for letting us know, and sending a heartfelt hug to you. I know that this had to be a hard time for you to have to go through with your dad.
    http://www.seniorsonly.club/threads/ike-willis.6401/

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry to hear about your dad's passing, Bethanne. He was a real nice guy and everyone here liked him. RIP Ike

Chrissy Cross and Patsy Faye like this.
  12. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you Bethanne @Ike Willis we will be praying for you all on Wednesday, when you have your Dad's Service.

Ina I. Wonder and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ike Willis Bethanne, thank you for letting us know about your dad. We are going to really miss him but I bet right this minute he is telling God some of his great stories he shared with all of us. Your dad brought alot of joy and laughter to all of us...may he rest in peace and may God be with your family and give all of you His peace and comfort during your time of grief and mourning.

Yvonne Smith and Joe Riley like this.
  14. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ike Willis ,(Bethanne), What wonderful memories you must have of your father. When he would speak of his five children, I could hear the pride in his voice.

I lost my husband a couple of years ago, and when I would get really depressed, I would recieve a message from him. Sometime he would just tell me a funny story, and sometimes he would tell me of how he dealt with the loneliness of being single. But he always challenged me to find a reason to be thankful for the day our Creator chose to grant us. He even taught me how to talk to myself.

I think he told such great stories, because he enjoyed his life so much. He once told me he thought he was selfish, but I told him that having five children that cared and loved him told a different story.

Your father made a great impact on many of us, and I know we'll never forget him, or his love of life.

Joe Riley and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you so much for the kind words Yvonne....Even though there are 5 of us kids, I was the one that took care of him the most, so this has been especially hard !! My worst time is at night, cause I have always kept my phone near me because of Dad ! He has gone downhill since last March & the pacemaker placement. But again , he very much cared for you all. I think he was very surprised at how much you all cared when he was sick last year. Except for us kids, he was pretty much alone if it weren't for you all !! THANKS again for the kind words & caring so much. GOD BLESS YOU ALL !!!