The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am pretty sure that he mentioned this last year, @Patsy Faye , and he said that this is actually not his birthday, he just wrote down 1-2-3-4-5 , and today is that day. In any case, we can wish him a happy birthday again, and he probably doesn't mind if we do it twice as long as there is cake and ice cream.

Chrissy Cross and Patsy Faye like this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

What a naughty boy - I'm confused enough as it is :p
    @Yvonne Smith

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I think we should always use this date to spank him, @Patsy Faye.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Registered

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Patsy Faye

Registered

[​IMG] Everyone Xx
    When I arose from me bed I was expecting thick frost, but when I looked, not a sign of it - YAY :D
    It was crisp and still, just perfect :)
    The sun's blazing away now, time to take me vest off ! :p
    Wishing you all a crisp day !

Denise Evans and Ike Willis like this.
  6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning all! 6-7-8-9-10!
    [​IMG]

7. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Overcast, 40's, rain later. The kind of day I wish I could get lost in a book. Or a photograph or painting.
    I always liked Edward Hopper's work or paintings. They seemed to fit my personality.
    Well, I've been up a long time. Think I'm needing a nap.:D

8. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

The real Sheldon Scott (my alter ego) is a fictional private detective. I don't know when his birthday is so I thought 12345 would be a good one. My birthday is in December

9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Psalm 139a.jpg

Good Morning. :) @Ike Willis I've been enjoying your tales about the people you worked with the past few days, you definitely knew some colorful characters.

The temperature over here is starting to drop down again and in the next few days we will be in the 30's at night. It seems I no sooner take the heavy quilt off the bed and store it...and a few days later I have to get it down again. One blessing though, my new washer's tub is so large I can easily wash the heavy quilt and all my other bedding in it with no problem...and the dryer's tub was already large enough for everything too. Laundry is a chore I enjoy doing for some reason, and my laundry closet is one of my favorite places in our home...so neat and compact with a place for everything I need. Just close the two doors when I'm not doing laundry and everything disappears and the room is nice and tidy once again.

The New Year is not starting off good for my Family. Right now my daughter's family in Texas is all down with a respiratory virus/bronchitis illness...all except for our 4 month old grandson. My Son-in-law, husband of my middle daughter is working in Beaumont and he had to go to the walk in Clinic from his job...looks like he is dealing with the same illness the ones in Texas are fighting. My oldest sister is having a endoscopy and colonoscopy yesterday and today. My sister in Georgia had to take her husband to the ER a few days ago with blood in his urine and blood clots. And I go Friday to do an ultrasound on my heart which is still beating irregularly. I hope and pray we all get past these things and then for the rest of the year we are all just fine.

Today is a new day for all of us....may this new day bring you an abundance of blessings. :)

10. Patsy Faye

Registered

Hello King Sheldon, yer Majesty - He who doth have two Birthdays :p

Denise Evans and Chrissy Cross like this.
  11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

@Babs Hunt, my son who is only 40 just had a colonoscopy because of his father's history of colon cancer...everything came back great...no polyps, nothing! I was very happy. Next one in 3 years.
    My daughter also had one at age 40 and all was good there too...her dr. said come back in 10 years.

Both kids had to fight insurance to cover it...don't know if son's finally agreed but they said the cost was worth it if it didn't.

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My sister had one 3 years ago...but she is having issues that could mean something is not right and so she has to have another one and the endoscopy to see where some internal blood is coming from.

Denise Evans and Chrissy Cross like this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Wishing for good results for her, @Babs Hunt! Always scary if something isn't right.

At my son's I ate beets and my urine was pink and I freaked out until I remembered the beets. :)

Babs Hunt likes this.
  14. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Morning All! Back at 38 degrees this a.m., and sunshine! Hope you all have a great day:) Denise

[​IMG]

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  15. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

This reminded me of an old Twilight Zone show Ike:) This guy was a Nazi Criminal hiding out in South America I think it was. He kept staring at this painting of a guy fishing on a Lake, and wishing he were there. He also spent his time talking to a hooker on the other side of the wall, LOL! Long story short, he finally got his wish, it shows his face in the painting at the end and of course, no sign of him in his rented room, booahhahahaahhhaaaw, LOL!

PS it doesn't work by the way, I tried it staring at a deserted island (my younger self of course imagined) with Tom Selleck, oh, and the fountain of youth is our only place to drink from, LOL!!

Sheldon Scott likes this.