The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Good Morning, all! Ike, I hope you have a better day today! :)

Ike Willis, Terry Page and Patsy Faye like this.
  2. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi from somewhere over Romania, we are halfway through our first flight of 6.5 hours to Dubai. Have just had an amazing dinner of smoked salmon starter, with slow cooked lamb meddalions in an onion sus, with roast potatoes and sautéed green beans and bell peppers. A sticky toffee pudding and biscuits and cheese washed down with a bottle of red wine. We are now having coffee and an iced Bailey's. This is economy class so lord knows what they have upstairs in first class [​IMG]
    After a short stopover in Dubai we have the second leg of 7 hours to Madras. Life is good up here, hope your days are going well .[​IMG]

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Ah Terry, you sound so happy !
    Sounds good ta me too, sending good vibes and lovely to hear from you :)

upload_2017-1-17_18-26-24.jpeg

Diane Lane and Terry Page like this.
  4. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Good mornin' y'all.

@Patsy Faye I hope your ears are better. I said I hope your ears are better!

@Terry Page I hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip.

5. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Mornin'. Well, things are lookin better this morning. Weather-wise, it's 32 degrees at 6 am, heading for mid 40's. I slept some last night and feel better now. I called my doc yesterday and she suggested some OVC stuff my dear daughter got for me. It seems to be working.
    None of my ideas seem to be working out. I sent a number of letters describing an improvement that could be easily and cheaply made for certain types of guns. Got no answers yet.
    I sent suggestions to food manufacturing companies asking why canned turnips are not being produced. They can potatoes, carrots and beets. Why not turnips? There could be a whole line of products made from turnips. Turnip chips, frozen bags of turnip tots, Turnip fries, The list is endless.
    Clearly, I must be ahead of my time.
    Well, gotta go for now. Behave yourselves and avoid becoming a chalk person.
    20070719_chalk_outline.jpg

6. Patsy Faye

Registered

[​IMG] Everyone Xx
    Yes @Sheldon Scott - I hear ya :p about the same as yesterday, so that's OK :)
    I think its a good idea @Ike Willis to can turnips, or frozen chip turnips, but then
    I'm no expert on turnips :D

Diane Lane, Terry Page and Ike Willis like this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

They actually DO make turnip chips, @Ike Willis, so maybe your ideas are being heard after all. I haven't tried them yet; but they are supposed to be pretty good tasting, as well as healthy. Someone was just mentioning them on Facebook yesterday, or I would not have know such a thing exists either.
    Weather is still nice here, and looks like it will stay prett much the same until the end of the month at least.
    Except for that arctic blast cold snap, we have not had to use the furnace much at all this winter, and even able to open the doors and let in fresh air on some days.

8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning everyone! Here's hope'n that canned turnips will turnup on the shelves, soon!
    [​IMG]

9. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

We have canned turnips in the past. We didn't like them so much. Fresh turnips are much better.

10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

th (30).jpg IMG_3993.JPG
    Well our landlord brought over our new washer and dryer yesterday and the picture above is of the washer. It's larger than the other washer we had and it's also all digital controls....which should be alot of fun to play with. The Dryer is bigger than our old one too. So big that it is not going to fit to stack on top of that new washer.... IMG_4005.JPG

Although you can see from this picture that our landlord had to find out this the "hard" way. He got the dryer stacked alright...but it is to big to turn it so the dryer door is facing outside the laundry closet....which is not going to work. :rolleyes: I tried to tell him it was to big, but you know how men can be!:p So now he has to come back today and unstack that big dryer and replace it with a smaller one. It would have been a lot easier if he had just listened to me in the first place.:p

I'm feeling hopeful this morning that there may not be anything really seriously wrong with my heart...that my heart palpitations may be tied up with my GERD. I shared an article and my thoughts on this on the Health part of the Forum if you're interested in finding out how this can be possible.

I'll be spending a good part of my day waiting for the landlord to come take care of his "big" problem with that dryer. It's a good day, may it be that way for all of you. :)

11. Patsy Faye

Registered

What's that on top of the dryer Babs ?
    @Babs Hunt

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

The washing machine is on the bottom @Patsy Faye...then our landlord put the dryer on top of that but he can't turn it around so the dryer door is facing the same way as the washing machine's door. The dryer top is even with the laundry closet's door frame. :oops:

13. Patsy Faye

Registered

Oh ! I get it now - hasn't he got a tape measure, they come in handy tell 'im

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  14. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Ike Willis - Have you tried parsnip chips ? We have them over here and Chrissy says they're very yummy !

Ike Willis and Chrissy Cross like this.
  15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes...a big one...evidently he doesn't know how to use it though! :p

Patsy Faye likes this.