The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes I used to keep goats for several years during the 1970/80's @Patsy Faye ...... we had 7 all different breeds, with distinct personalities, the pic you posted is an Alpine goat, real escapologists ;) ........we would get several gallons of milk from them on a good day, I made cheese with some of it.

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

That's great Terry ! Funny characters aren't they :p
    Good morning to you :)

@Terry Page

3. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Mornin'. Another carbon copy day. Warm this morning, rain coming later, about like yesterday. Grub coming later.
    Anyone else shed a tear or two over Obama's farewell speech last night? Sorry, I did but couldn't help it. Oh, I'm not sad to see him go. I cried over the fact that it took us EIGHT FREAKIN YEARS.
    Like the saying goes, 'don't let the door hit your butt on the way out'.
    Speaking of doors, did I ever tell you about dad's garage door? I probably did. Well, if you read it before, there won't be a fee for this time.
    When my bro married his first wife, they had to live with our parents awhile. Dad let bro park his car in the garage since it was a two car building.
    Well, bro's wife went to take bro's car to work one morning, and backed out, right into the closed garage door.
    Poor gal, was scared s**tless. She was afraid of dad anyway and was in tears when she came in to tell him.
    Dad took it well. He didn't yell at her or anything. Even laughed about it later. The door was bulged out and not too hard to straighten enough to work again.
    A few weeks later I walked to my parents house, me being between cars then. When I had to leave, it was raining. Dad asked bro to take me home.
    We went to the garage, and sure enough, bro backed out right into the door, bowing it back out pretty bad this time.
    This time dad yelled, first at bro.
    " Don't ya ever use the mirror when ya back up? Wut the hell ya think it's there for"?
    I could barely hide my chuckling.
    Then dad turned to me.
    Oh, oh, here it comes.
    "Wut? You just sit there and let yer brother do it"?
    I knew it was going to end up being my fault.:D

4. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ah yes Ike - we could do no right ! :p

5. Patsy Faye

Registered

upload_2017-1-11_12-38-17.jpeg Everyone Xx
    Had a terrible night, not fully awake yet, I need to fix that :)

6. Patsy Faye

Registered

Have you a yearning for red kidney beans Terry ? :p
    @Terry Page

Terry Page likes this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I have been up since around 5 and it has taken me about 3 hours to decide that it's a Sesame Street morning.
    Ya know, the part where they say something like "what's missing" here? In this case, it's not so much as what is missing but what Was missing on the prior days to this one. Birds....Squirrels. They were all missing for the last week or so because of the extreme temperatures.
    Cold and more cold kept the critters from coming out and doing whatever they normally do but I hadn't really noticed until the nice warm snap (and rain) that this morning brought in.
    The squirrels are squirreling, the birds are birding and of course, the two legged, upright walking critters are coming out as well which is kind of a disappointment compared to the innocence of the birds and squirrels.

Hey, did ya'll know that squirrels, no matter their family makeup, will all get togeather and huddle in as a community when a cold snap occurs? Kinda gives me a few things to think about but of course, there's a whole lot on my street that gives me some pause for thought.

Oh yeah, the anniversary of my beautiful wife's birth is today!! That gives me a lot to think about like how happy I am that she was born. To me, her birthday shines well over our wedding anniversary because without her being in this world...............I dare not even think of such things. Kind of like imagining a sentence without all of the verbs and adjectives. Nope, can't be done..........

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

9. Patsy Faye

Registered

Agree with the above and hope you are waiting on Yvonne hand and foot, that's if she wants her feet pampered :p

please go to birthday thread and wish our Yvonne good things :)

10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

hmmmmmm.......Birthday thread? I was thinking of something more in line with birthday suit rather than the threads that might cover it. Now, THAT's wishing some "good things"!

11. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi Ina,

I had to go for a second-hand bed, but luckily it came from people I knew and only 30 dollars. It's a Queen, or Full, can't remember now. Anyway, you could do that too if you are patient and look around. Bobert's young so he doesn't need the best like us oldies do;) And yes, I looked and you have to buy them piece by piece. So that's another way to go, just buy the mattress/boxspring frame. And then add the headboard etc. later. hugs, and good to see you, even though you posted this yesterday, LOL!! denise

12. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Here ya go Patsy, crank it up!! LOL!!:

13. Patsy Faye

Registered

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Patsy Faye

Registered

15. Denise Evans