The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

So agree with you Ike - at least we can re-live those memories, always puts a smile on our face :)
    Don't mind getting old but it seems a bit unfair that we struggle just to get 'somewhere' - don't mind
    losing a 'bit' of independence but - this is way too much
    Never thought that an energetic gal like me would be caged in as I am. I know ............That's life ! :p

@Ike Willis

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Diane Lane, Ike Willis and Patsy Faye like this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Good Morning @Ike Willis That's some great memories you shared this morning with us. I miss the Drive In movies too. But I think I read awhile back that Drive Ins are actually coming back in style in some places. :) I wish I could still walk down to my favorite fishing spots and not have to worry about paying for a fishing license or how many or what kind of fish I would be limited too. I also wish I could go to Hopper's or A&W's and get me a cherry Dr. Pepper or a mug of root beer with a "real chili" hot dog!:) Have a great day hunting those libs down Ike! :p

4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Good Morning, Y'all, and happy New Year! It's officially back to business. I just finished paying the utility bills. The water one was a chore because I called it in, and don't have much of a voice right now. I sounds like a bullfrog. It's a bright sunny day here, which is nice. Yesterday during the day, it looked like nighttime. I thought we might be hit with a tornado, but it finally passed and the sun came out. The neighbor's ditch was full from the heavy rain, but all I got was more weeds in mine. I'm hoping for an extended frost that will kill them all.

I picked up some fresh ginger root and have been adding it to my hot toddies, and it's helping break up some of the crap. I can't believe how long these bronchial things last with me. I also got a bottle of whiskey, but haven't used much of that. I might use some tonight. A splash the other night didn't really change the taste of the drink much. That's pretty much all I've been drinking, tea or hot toddies. It sounds as if everyone's doing well, hope that persists and it's a great year all around.

Be careful, @Ike Willis. It sounds as if you're enjoying the liberal baiting, and if the government sees that, they'll probably make you get a lib-baiting license ;):p.

5. Patsy Faye

Registered

Hi Diane :) Half a capful of whisky (or a quarter, depending on the size of the cap) in a cup of hot tea, is good
    and rather nice :)

@Diane Lane

Diane Lane and Terry Page like this.
  6. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I am now in Bracknell near Heathrow, London, where Lisa's daughter lives with her husband and three children, I am helping Lisa who arrived here from Russia last Friday, look after the children while their parents are on a winter break in Serbia.
    It's the last late lie in because school starts tomorrow, then the school run means rising early :(...... it's a grey day at the moment and we have to do a food shop, and I need to get a new battery for the car which had trouble starting yesterday, it's the original one so due to be replaced after it's 9 years life.

Have a good Wednesday everyone.....

[​IMG]

7. Patsy Faye

Registered

Snap ! @Terry Page We had to have a new battery yesterday, did our shop this morning, shelves mostly empty !
    Try again tomorrow ! Bloomin eck !
    I've got the blues today .................. Not just 'cos of that, but living where I do, well it ain't easy
    Its supposed to be - but it ain't
    Good morning Terry :)

8. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

'Mornin' from 10 degree Iowa, with a 23MPH wind wafting across the prairie, making it feel well below zero.
    I drifted off to sleep listening to the wind howl up the wind tunnel ally outside my apartment.
    Woke up listening to the wind howl up the ally. Still better than listening to Obama.
    This year is starting out badly. Had to see my doc yesterday. Routine appointment. She says to do a better job on cutting sodium out. And drink less fluids.
    No more sausage and hash browns, and hold the coffee.
    Hardly worth getting up in the mornings.
    Guess I'll wander out to the kitchen, see if I can find a raisin to nibble on.

9. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

You can tell it is winter here people are running around with heavy coats and shivering. The temperature dipped down to 73 degrees Fahrenheit but it is up to 75 now.

Having my morning coffee.

10. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning to all! Time to raisin shine!:D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Ike Willis - can't you just 'not add salt' - you gotta eat !
    I got
    [​IMG] as it is Ike - say you'll have that sausage :(
    Would brighten me up a bit :)

12. Ike Willis

Registered

I don't have salt in the house. It's already added to canned food and most other stuff. Gotta eat fresh veggies and other disgusting stuff like that.

13. Patsy Faye

Registered

I know salt is added to a lot of products, makes me mad. Same with sugar
    I couldn't do it Ike, can't you just cut down or if you buy the meat, potatoes, peas etc - 'no' salt !
    I'm sure you can cook Ike :p

14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

doctor_patient_food_eating_fat_498115.jpg @Ike Willis Now why does your Doctor want to take one of the few pleasures left in life away from you. :(

15. Ike Willis

Registered

I've been eating too much canned food. Gotta go back to cooking stuff. I got plenty of time I guess.