The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Mornin'. Well, everything is back to normal now. Holidays are over, people are back to work, life is going on as it should. Good. I hate it when my daily routine gets interrupted. Like tomorrow. Gotta doc appointment. Just a routine thing. But still, it screws up my routine. And my daughters too, since she's taking me.
    Looking out my window, here in my 3rd story penthouse overlooking one of my town's scenic downtown back alleys, I see it's still dark. So, checking the online weather, we have 34 degrees with a mild breeze and a 50% chance of showers later.
    My schedule for today looks good. I moved my laundry chore ahead, from yesterday to possibly Friday. Saturday for sure. I think I can hold out that long.
    Had a pretty good verbal tussle with, some guy online the other day. I didn't even have to catch him in my liberal traps. He set up the trap, then walked in himself. Confused is a polite description of him. He was both for, then against an issue in the same post.
    Speaking of liberal traps, I need to check one more of mine.

2fae0a9b4cec114e3213a6a02f7c976d.jpg

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

No laundry duty for me today Ike - YAY ! Yesterday I had to wear me Parka to go there, its that cold as its mostly tiled
    including the floor !
    Well ...............
    [​IMG] Everyone Xx :)

3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Good Global morning, everyone!;)
    [​IMG]

4. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

hey Ike, you can always turn some of the cloths inside out. That'll get you through some extra days before the dreaded laundry-day

[​IMG]

5. Denise Evans

Registered

[​IMG]

Sorry I wasn't here NY's Eve but a pizza party with sparkling sugar-water did me in. I was up until 12:30 though making sure I could get as much of the "goodies" digested, LOL!!

6. Ike Willis

Registered

I do that. When I was in rehab a nurse ask me why I wear my underwear inside out. I told her it was because there is a big seam on the inside that bothers me, so I reverse 'em.:D

7. Denise Evans

Registered

Ok, I "did" start it didn't I, LOL!!

:eek::rolleyes:

Ike Willis likes this.
  8. Denise Evans

Registered

At first glance, thought that said Gluten!! Everything else says it nowadays, LOL!! Good Mornin to you too booboo!! BIG storms, especially out toward you'uns!!

Terry Page likes this.
  9. Denise Evans

Registered

What a gorgeous place Terry!!

Terry Page likes this.
  10. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Our New Years Day Party...

Here are a couple of ad lib pics at the dinner table.....we went on to play some party games, one of which is called "Pass the Bomb" [​IMG] this one is fun and we played our own version which did get a bit out of hand I must admit but was hilarious.....my 7 year old grandson James asked his mum Caroline why is Granddad behaving like a child [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pass the Bomb the serious way, which we didn't do lol

11. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning to you all I overslept this morning, not waking till 7:30 am it's frosty out but only just on freezing point and forecast to be a sunny day at 6c.
    I am going down to stay with Lisa at her daughters who live in a small town near London, later this morning, to help look after the grandchildren while their parents go for a short winter break.

A tip I got from an RAC man for defrosting car windscreens on winter mornings was to just pour cold tap water over all the windows and if the frost is quite hard, I operate the wipers while pouring the water until the screen is dry. Some say it will crack the glass but as long as the water is not hot there is no problem, my daughters do this now as well.

Here is a video using salt water which I haven't tried, but would work better for heavy frost I guess.

Have a great Tuesday...

[​IMG]

12. Patsy Faye

Registered

Another beautiful picture - thanks Terry :)
    Funny you should mention the RAC, we had to call them this morning, battery flat as a pancake :p
    So big shop has to wait till tomorrow now - blast ! I don't like when me routine is up the wall
    But, it's done and that's good - I will check that clip later - thanks
    Pass the bomb, not heard that one, will check that too later on :)

Ike Willis likes this.
  13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Canada_Boat_House_am_Maligne_Lake_Jasper_NP_Alberta_CA.jpg
    Good Morning. I wouldn't mind being out on this lake fishing right now.:) I am very thankful for the invention of digital cameras that can take pictures so realistic you almost feel like you could just step into the picture and be there.

In our home the New Year is always started off by getting rid of the clutter of the old year. So I have been busy shredding old papers from last year that we won't need this year. Yesterday I also was busy filling in birthdays, anniversary's, important dates on the three 2017 Calendars that will fill our home and remind us these things. One of these Calendars is a purse size one that I save as by the end of each year it has become a "diary" of all the important things that happened in our lives that year. It's the "shorthand" versions of those things but enough information to bring back to mind the events and milestones of each year.

I also do a "Spring cleaning" to start off the New Year with a little more "downsizing" each go around. Today my Honey will be bringing home a few boxes from work to put those downsized things into. The older I get the less "things" mean to me and the more important the people I love and care about become. I can't help but think too that one day when I'm not living here in my earthly home anymore...how happy my daughters will be not to have to clear out to much clutter from their Mom's life. ;)

Clutter, whether it's physical, emotional, or spiritual...is a really good thing to "throw out" with the old year. Makes more room for love, joy, peace, and lots of cherished memories to fill the New Year. May each of you be filled with all these blessings in 2017. :)

14. Patsy Faye

Registered

[​IMG] Everyone, tis a nice day here weatherwise - just right :) X

15. Ike Willis

Registered

'Mornin'. Some great photos. Makes me wish I still had my last truck and my old 35mm camera.
    I wish a lot of things. I wish I was still chasing girls in some of the farm towns around my county. The boys in those towns didn't like strangers hanging around their women. I learned those guys are really good at fighting. Ouch!
    Wish dad and I was still out early in the morning bass fishing out of the Jon boat we built together. He used to get such a kick when he got one on the line, it was fun to watch. He'd stand up in the boat, giggling like a school girl while fighting a bass. I got such a laugh watching him, I would put my rod down and just row him around among trees stumps and sunken logs, where hungry bass hung out.
    I'd love to be able to walk into the little cigar store that my old pals used as a meeting place. There, we would argue over what to do that evening. If it was a Friday, we all had a paycheck and anything could, and did, happen. Sometimes we'd gas up my old Pontiac and head upriver to the quad cities. There was always something going on there. Other times, we'd just go to a drive in movie, or to our camp site along the Cedar river, and work on the case or two of beer we bought.
    I could go on and on but I'm gonna go lib hunting for awhile.

well_bye.jpg