The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Good Morning Earthlings!!

troll.jpg

2. Denise Evans

Registered

LOL, I saw that lil birdy and couldn't resist;)

Babs Hunt and Patsy Faye like this.
  3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

LOL - thanks again ! :p
    That's to your Troll picture

Denise Evans likes this.
  4. Denise Evans

Registered

Troll pic?? I put a pic of me up?? <snicker>

Patsy Faye likes this.
  5. Patsy Faye

Registered

Denise Evans likes this.
  6. Denise Evans

Registered

your avatar makes me want to go ice-skating @Honey Gee I think I'll get suited up to go!!

iceskating.jpg

7. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Ina I. Wonder and Denise Evans like this.
  8. Denise Evans

Registered

Where's @Ike Willis and my story I like to read here in the a.m.'s?? I got here early cause I don't like missin out on see ya'll in the mornings;)

Ina I. Wonder and Patsy Faye like this.
  9. Patsy Faye

Registered

10. Denise Evans

Registered

I saw him hangin about, but I'll look in some other threads;)

Ike Willis likes this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We have a Medicare Advantage plan, @Denise Happyfeet , and it has "Silver and Fit" included with it. I think it depends on which company you choose, and probably which Advantage plan, but both this one and the Silver Sneakers are basically the same thing, just different names and different companies.
    They usually offer a choice of fitness centers, too. We chose our Wellness Center, which is a part of the Huntsville Hospital system, because it has swimming facilities and not just workout facilities.
    Ours is through Cigna Healthsprings, and it also includes vision and dental plans, as well as the drug prescriptions. I am not sure of you get all of that with just the regular medicare supplements or not, and we are both happy with the Advantage plan that we have.

It is definitely warmer here today, which is NICE. Supposed to be almost 70 today, and yesterday when i woke up it was only in the low 20's, so a dramatic improvement in the weather. We have tornado possibilities later with the thunderstorms, and then by overnight, the cold moves back in, so we could also have freezing rain. Not a happy thought !
    My pulse rate is still vacillating all over the place; but I am nowhere near as dizzy all of the time, so I think that the meds are helping. We went to the fitness center yesterday, and I swam (but carefully), and did okay, so we are going back again today before the bad weather arrives.
    Also, a quick trip to Walmart for yarn so I can put the fringe on @Ina I. Wonder 's Christmas present. It has taken me forever to make, and I am not sure if she will get it by Christmas, but I am almost done with it.

12. Denise Evans

Registered

Morning @Yvonne Smith So glad to hear you are feeling better. Proud of you for going swimming, and being smart to go easy;) Glad to hear you have some good insurance bennies. I get some now, and I'll have Medicare, but keep the plan I have now. NOT obamacare btw. I never did find out what that was all about. But heard so much bad about it, glad I never got into it, even if I could have.

70 is my fave temp nowadays. When I was younger I wanted the hot weather, hot summertime was my fave time, running around all night in shorts etc. Going swimming at our fave "swimming holes". We lived in the rural/country areas and had some great times. Now, I am changing with age, want the more moderate temps. I believe I could adjust to anything I had to, but I am getting spoiled with the mod temps here. As I mentioned though, 35 this a.m., burrrrr! The sun is rising as I'm typing to you. Talking with you and @Babs Hunt this a.m. is making me remember, and miss the South:( Also Ina is down that way, although I never lived in Texas, but worked on an Arabian farm for 2 weeks while friends went on vacation.

Anyway, keep your chin up, and also, that present for Ina sounds like something I wish I could make for her, or any of my friends;) I want pictures @Ina I. Wonder when you get it!! hugs @Yvonne Smith and have a wondeful day, you and Mr. @Bobby Cole ;)

13. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm here. I had some chores to tend to this morning. Got up at 4am and got all my laundry caught up. Just now finished that chore.
    We have 19 degrees here in bacon land, with a wind chill making it feel like 9. Snow on the way this afternoon.
    Tomorrow Will separate the men from the boys. It isn't supposed to get above zero all day. This old boy is staying inside. If that keeps up, I'll have to look for a fat gal pal.
    I remember being on a rabbit hunt one Saturday morning with two friends. It was 10 above zero with a stiff wind. Don't know what the wind chill was, but the bunnies must have been really hungry to have been out. They were hunkered down in roadside ditches. We got 35 that day. I spent that Sunday trying to get some feeling back in my toes and fingers.
    Buying Christmas gifts was easy this year. I got what few liberal friends I still have, new binkies. All my conservative friends got a new, real president.
    I hope relations between USA and Russia improve soon. A few years ago, we were importing some really excellent Russian match target air guns. None available now.
    I see Russian Ural motorcycles must still be coming in. Interesting bikes.
    All that early morning activity got me hungry now. Gotta see what the beef and bean situation looks like. I should have some left.
    Stay warm y'all.
    bundle-up.png

14. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Were chilly here also....high only of 53! Brrrr

Good morning everyone, busy day with daughter, out and about.

Joe Riley, Ike Willis and Patsy Faye like this.
  15. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

No problem...just pop it in the mail and send it 2 day delivery!:);):confused:o_O:oops::rolleyes::(:mad: