The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ike Willis I think I see my Aunt Mary (Sister Christina Marie) in that crowd. :)

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

eea3e83f952439b2d620977cca002c1a.jpg

This will be the only sunshine I will be seeing today. It is raining and dreary here, a good day to curl up with a good book or watch movies, etc. while a big pot of chili is simmering on the stovetop and the oven is giving up the aroma of fresh baking mexican cornbread. The coleslaw in the fridge completes this meal that will taste so good on a day like today. It's going to be a good day for all of us, I can feel it in my bones...oh wait...that's just my arthritis acting up. All the same I hope your day is a fine one in every way! :)

3. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

A very good morning to you all, it's still dark here at 9:00 am but a sunny day at -8c (17f) is forecast, Lisa fell on the ice last night coming home, but luckily fell on her bottom so no bones broken. This morning we called a Uber taxi to take her to the university because the pavements are terribly icy.

I will make a slow cooker chilli-con-carne today while Lisa is at work, she has a 12 hour day including a department sitting.

Have a good Tuesday....

wfr.jpg

4. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Morning all. Off to do some retail therapy and lunch.

Can't be bad. Have a great one all :)

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

th (63).jpg

Morning! :) @Terry Page So glad Lisa was not hurt and I bet when she comes home after that long 12 hour day she will really appreciate that chili you and the crock pot are preparing. :)

@Honey Gee How's that retail therapy working for you? And what does one eat for lunch in Spain? :)

This morning I was sitting on the couch when the coffee pot started brewing our coffee and for some reason the aroma of that fresh coffee is really making my mouth water. So I'm be right back after I go get me a mug. :)

IMG_3747.JPG
    These are the 4 mugs I drink my coffee out of each morning. I chose the one with Joy this morning and as I sit here drinking this wonderful flavored coffee I am wishing Joy for each of you today! :)

6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Love the pictures Babs :)

Babs Hunt likes this.
  7. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

@Babs Hunt tapas and a nice glass of wine. Lunches are long in Spain. Nobody ever rushes. You enjoy the company of your fellow diners as well and the old men discussing politics and everyday life.

It is such a chilling experience :)

8. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Mornin'. We have 35 degrees under overcast skies here at 5AM, high atop the third floor in beautiful downtown Muscatine, located on Iowa's famous east coast.
    It's a day like any other winter day. I got my coffee, and I'm poking at the computer on my desk, wondering what lies ahead on this early Tuesday morning.
    I hear the door open, and I look up, right into the big blue eyes of the most beautiful, most blond, most curvy and enticing hunk of woman that ever crossed my threshold.
    Snap out of it Ike, and quit watching all those corny detective movies. It was only old Emma Clotze. She got off the elevator on the wrong floor, again.
    Emma turned, and scurried off down the hall to the elevator, leaving me sitting here wondering, what the rest of the day will bring.
    Have a great day y'all. :)

9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning, everybody! @Ike Willis - Your posts are always a kick to read! Thanks!;)

[​IMG]

10. Ike Willis

Registered

Thanks Joe. And so are your posts and cartoons. I love this one, since my building seems to have quite a few elevator breakdowns. :D

Joe Riley and Patsy Faye like this.
  11. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ike Willis - Aah, we can dream can't we :p

Well, we will be sorting out my seating - again, here's hoping :)
    [​IMG]Everyone - be back later Xx

Ike Willis and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well I bet the thought of that got your motor running @Ike Willis! :) Now you will energy to go hunt down trouble on your other sites! :) Have a great day Ike.

Ike Willis and Patsy Faye like this.
  13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Yesterday, which was supposed to be a good book or movie day for me with all the rain we had, actually turned out to be a full day of my favorite little person at the moment. So today is R & R day for me and I'm enjoying having this time to read others posts and put a few of my own thoughts up too.

IMG_3723.JPG

14. Ike Willis

Registered

Cute lil' fella, dressed in his deer hunting camos too.:)

Patsy Faye, Honey Gee and Babs Hunt like this.
  15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, I just bought him that outfit a few days ago. :)

Honey Gee and Ike Willis like this.