The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Good Morning, everyone. Happy Thursday, and Happy Thanksgiving. It looks as if it's going to be a lovely day weather-wise, and I'm off to start cooking and probably watch a parade. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

2. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Happy Thanksgiving to all and everyone. I hope you all have a great day.

My grandson Bobert spiffed up the outside so all the men can have a place to tell the tall tales they have worked on all year. The prize is a fifth of Jim Beam Black, so we're expecting some good stories.

The guests are a good range in ages. There will be my 76 y/o son-in-law, my 66 y/o brother and his two cronies, my 52 y/o stepdaughter, a couple in there 40's that I invited late last night, Bobert is 26, and this morning my 17 y/o granddaughter with her boyfriend show up sharply at 7:am. Oh yea, me too, and there a couple of standing invitations to others that might come.

It a good thing that I have a habit of cooking too much. That way there will be plenty to send home with my brother, and Bobert says he'll fight for his leftovers too.

Don't forget to give thanks to our Creator for the bounty he has shown us all every day. Bless you all !!!

IMG_4195.JPG

3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Happy Thanksgiving to all the members of Seniors Only Club forum! Hope you have a grand day!;) Thanks for giving your best to the forum!:)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Morning All. A bit fresher today. Off out into the big wild world. Been cooped up for a few days. FB_IMG_1449257097870.jpg

6. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Mornin'. Happy black Friday and all that crap. Just saw some of the news from yesterday. Someone killed a guy over a parking space at a store. Other stores had fights going on over TV's and other assorted junk. Last night someone on my friends list on Facebook was having a melt down online. Even talked of suicide. Even though she's on my friend list, I don't even know her nor ever posted to her. Still, I hope she's ok this AM.
    All that's one reason I became a recluse. Being locked away in my own world is preferable to dealing with all that kind of stress.
    Anyway, I hope all my friends here survived yesterday safe, well and full of food. I get mine today. Daughter is bringing something by later. I don't travel or deal with steps very well anymore, and I don't like to put someone to the bother of picking me up and bringing me back home. So, I stay right here.
    If any of my family is reading this, I don't want anything for Christmas. Spend the money on your families. Unless any of my kids win the powerball lottery of 400+ million. In that case, I'll be expecting one of these armored Hummer's under the tree, with one of these for my driver. Dream on, Ike.

Bulletproof_Hummer_H1_International_Armoring-1464981248.jpg Cameron-Diaz-in-hot-outfit-driving-convertible.jpg

7. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Like the pretty lady @Ike Willis. Never done black Friday or sales. Bargains are different. A friend in retail once told me it was an excuse to off load rubbish.

Why spend hours in a queue? I am very popular with my husband as I hate shopping. I just see it as a necessity.:)

8. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning. I went out last night with my daughter and it was pretty tame, in fact people were in a good mood and helpful.

My daughter wanted to get the iPhone 7 deal at Target and we stood in line for 2 hrs for that because it takes more than 30 mins to do each person. We were 5th in line.

She got the iPhone for her son and the deal was that she got a $250 gift card for buying it and with that she bought
    The PlayStation 4 for her other son for Christmas.

The stores were pretty empty and we came home after the iPhone deal.

I also got a new iPad Air 2 at a good price.

We're heading to the upscale mall this morning. At least yesterday I walked off my thanksgiving dinner.

I'm sure I'll get 10,000 steps today also. :)

@Ike Willis, sometimes people that threaten suicide are doing it for attention or emotional manipulation. I knew a young boy that killed himself over a girl....how lame is that?

He had his whole life ahead of him....:(

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    Diane Lane and Ike Willis like this.
  9. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

[​IMG] Xx
    Agree with Ike - stay out of it :p
    The search goes on to find some comfort - see ya later :)

10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

th (53).jpg

Good Morning All...have a great day! :)

11. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

IMG_2639.JPG

My Black Friday shopping in San Jose, today
    I got a long north face jacket on sale for my trip to the Midwest. Also my favorite Clinique
    Moisturizer and a nice lunch out with my daughter

Only crazy was the parking and now we're driving home!

Diane Lane likes this.
  12. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Good morning all. Hope your day is full of fun and happiness. Enjoy!

13. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Mornin'. Another big news day I see. Fidel Castro died. That grand ol' man of revolution. One of 'em, anyway. He was 90 years old. I can hear the health nuts out there now. "It was those damn cigars that killed him."
    It's 5:30am and 27 degrees here in one of my town's only three skyscraper buildings. Yep. Goes all the way up to 11 floors. I avoid the upper floors though. I get nose bleeds and pass out at high altitudes.
    Woke up at 2am, and said to myself, "Self, what ya got going on today?" I answered, "not a freakin' thing. Shut up and go back to sleep." So, I did until about 4:30am.
    I talk to myself a lot. I answer myself in different voices and sometimes in a fake foreign language. The walls here are thin, and it used to drive my neighbors nuts. I can still hear 'em discussing me.
    "Emma, it's 3am and he's got company over there. I hear someone talkin' German and someone else speakin' Spanish. I'm gonna report him."
    "Oh Harold, get back here in bed and mind your own business."
    So, I don't know what I'll do today. Maybe I'll sit by my door. When I hear people out in the hall passing by, I'll turn on my recording of ferocious big dog growls and barks and pound on my door like it's trying to get out.
    Or, just watch TV and nap.
    Have a great and fun Saturday y'all.:D

14. Patsy Faye

Registered

You have truly made my day with that post Ike, I'm grinning like the Cheshire cat :D
    I tried one of those above the 'barking dog tape' it worked ! It was to show my neighbours that noise is not good
    for either of us, they quietened down after that :p
    I love to speak in a foreign language too, it don't exist of course, which makes it even funnier, to me anyway
    And Castro, well of course its them cigars that got 'im :D Fab post, keep 'em coming :)

15. Patsy Faye

Registered

upload_2016-11-26_12-38-38.jpeg everyone xx

Diane Lane and Joe Riley like this.