The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning! Weather is the same...on the warm side. Got up at 3:30 but it's really 4:30, I'm going to be messed up for a couple days. Well I'm always messed up, I'll be even more messed up. :)

@Honey Gee ...what fun!!

@Ike Willis ...I've always enjoyed long rides. When my ex was still living with me we hopped on an Amtrak train and rode to Merced, CA. About an hour trip. Got off, had something to eat and then got back on the train and came home

Ike Willis and Honey Gee like this.
  2. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you all. Still bogeying this morning. After yesterdays news it was just what we needed x

Patsy Faye and Chrissy Cross like this.
  3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

G'morning, y'all. There's a moving van in the driveway next door. Please please please pray that he's moving and taking the damned dogs with him, not that someone is moving in with him and bringing more of the hounds of Hell with them. The racket is unbelievable, and I already feel as if I'm at death's door. Thankfully, even with that, I'm feeling slightly better than I was the other day. I'm hoping to make it out for some provisions tomorrow. The barking (not regular dogs barking, these are different, more guttural, vicious sounding) have got the cats all agitated, not to mention me. It's a shame, because he turned out to seem pretty goodhearted, but dogs like that do not belong in a small house with a small yard in a close neighborhood. It looks as if the leather couch is all torn up, that's sitting on the lawn. I'm not staying online long, but wanted to check in and say hi. Hope y'all are having a good weekend. Hopefully I'll be feeling better and will be back soon.

4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Hurry up and feel better, I miss you @Diane Lane. Pray for your sake he's moving out and a lovely lady around your age moves in with no barking dogs!

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Diane Lane

Registered

Thanks @Chrissy Cross that would be great, or better yet, a helpful guy with tools ;). There've been a few nice couples in there, as well as a druggie that seemed to neglect her son, and I'm really crossing my fingers that's not going to be the case again. The guy doesn't seem to care who he rents to, as long as they'll pay the exorbitant rent he charges. It would be nice if he'd fix the fence in between tenants, assuming this guy's moving out, but I doubt that will be the case. I don't mind regular barking dogs, as long as it's not constant. I'm not familiar with dog breeds, and had no idea there was such a difference between the behavior and barks of the various breeds. I can see now why some neighborhoods ban pits, but I know there are good ones. It's more a matter of being unable to screen out the idiot owners from the good ones, so the dogs end up being banned.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes, a handy guy would be much better than a nice lady and that was my original thought but went with the safer answer. :)

I have a neighbor that has 4 dogs on her small lot and one is a pitbull but besides ruining the fence I've not had any other problems with them.

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Diane Lane - I so hope you have 'good' neighbours this time x

Yvonne Smith and Diane Lane like this.
  8. Diane Lane

Registered

Thanks, @Patsy Faye. I have a feeling that my health will improve when they move.

Ha, I'd take either @Chrissy Cross, as long as it's a good neighbor, that's all I care about. I see the blinds are up in the bedroom on my driveway, and hopefully I'm correct and they are leaving. The dogs just went after something else. I hope it wasn't one of the cats I feed. Hearing them constantly going after other animals or trying to do so is really taking a toll on me and also the cats have been freaked out and acting out, even sniping at one another. We're all constantly on alert, and his dogs set off every other dog in the neighborhood. It's amazing what a difference one neighbor can make. My stomach was starting to calm down until that latest bout of ferocious barking and the screams of whatever they were going after.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

It does sound awful @Diane Lane ....keep my fingers crossed for you, let us know as soon as you do
    If they're moving out.

10. Patsy Faye

Registered

Hi everyone, wishing you a
    upload_2016-11-7_12-36-57.jpeg Xx

Yvonne Smith and Ike Willis like this.
  11. Patsy Faye

Registered

Denise Evans and Diane Lane like this.
  12. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Mornin'. A bit cooler here on Iowa's east shore. Still in the 60's though. No snow in sight. I still love a good snowfall, even though they have caused me a lot of grief over the years.
    Like when I was in the 4th grade at good ol' St. Mary's. I don't remember too much about the 4th grade. Nothing very notable happened that year.
    I do remember my desk was along the wall right beside a window. The NIC was droning on about some happening on some date in some country. I happened to glance out the window and, flakes were floating down. Beautiful white flakes.
    As I watched, those little white beauties came down harder and harder. At one point, I couldn't see the street, just a wall of whiteness.
    At this time, we were living on our farm. Thoughts of me flying down the hill on my sled in our front pasture were swirling through my head, as the snow piled up on the playground.
    "Ike, Ike, Ike"! I was jolted out of my daydream by our NIC, who was standing by my desk, arms folded.
    "You pay attention in class young man that snow will be there after school lest you get a detention you hear"?
    She was right. School let out for the day and I was scurrying across the playground on my way to the library where I met up with my parents for the ride home.
    I had packed a snowball and was looking for a target. Ahead of me was a kid who, from the back, looked just like Merle, a classmate. I wound up and threw the snowball, hard and straight. Just as it reached Merle, He turned his head and the snowball crashed into the side of his face.
    HORRORS! It wasn't Merle. It was Rusty, the kid who had been held back a year AND an upper classman to boot. I just stood there and took my beating. To try to run would only have made it worse. Rusty had a bad reputation as a tough kid.
    When my folks picked me up at the library on their way home from work, mom noticed my discolored eye right away. I lied and told her I got hit by a snowball.
    "You watch your step, young man, you hear"?

13. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning all! @Ike Willis - Sounds like your target detection was a little rusty!;)

14. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Ike Willis - ha ha - you sure can tell a good story, wonder how Rusty is doin' - maybe he met his match eh - like this ..........

[​IMG]

Think she's overdone it a bit :p

15. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

She'd scare me. The real Rusty quit school as soon as he could, joined the Army as soon as he was old enough. When he got out, he became a supervisor at a local plant. He's dead now.