The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Looks like another NW storm for us Ike, at least lots of rain. My sis lived in Iowa for a time, while they managed apartments out there. I'll have to ask her the town again. I'd forgotten they lived there. She said out her windows and off their patio/deck all they could see is corn!! She's an Oregon gal too and really wasn't ready for "all that corn" LOL!! Have a good one mid-West feller;)

Ike Willis likes this.
  2. Denise Evans

Registered

LOL, good one as usual Joe, good mornin to you as well;) I would have lost that Bee by the way since I can't speel;)

Joe Riley likes this.
  3. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks. I did all my chores this morning. Nothing to do now. Wish I could see corn fields. My windows all look out on the ally behind my building, and the wall of the building across the alley. But, it's a nice day.

Denise Evans likes this.
  4. Denise Evans

Registered

Just heard from my sis, she lived in Spencer, upper left corner of Iowa?? Yes I don't like city-living, even small cities, LOL!!

Ike Willis likes this.
  5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Watch what you say....all those ears are listening!;)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Corn maze
    [​IMG]

6. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Speaking of Corn, I really miss the smell of cooking 'Mash'.
    The plant I worked at for 15 years, produces 62 million gallons of Ethanol annually.
    The wife hated the smell.
    and the finished product...199 proof, didn't smell too bad either!:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

7. Denise Evans

Registered

I didn't know where Ethanol came from until I read you post @Tim Burr Seems I learn something new here every day:)

8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Mashing good time, Tim!
    [​IMG]

Denise Evans and Ike Willis like this.
  9. Ike Willis

Registered

According to some TV commercials, they're even using corn cobs to make ethanol now. What's next, 'soylent fuel'?

Honey Gee likes this.
  10. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

11. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Morning all. Had a fab night last night. Went to the clubhouse and they had a sixties music singer on. She looked like Dusty Springfield and entertained us to over 65 songs. We were up dancing and singing.

Have a great day all xx

12. Ike Willis

Registered

Mornin'. Guess who forgot to set his clock back last night? Guess who don't care? Yesterday was a screaming success. Earlier I had made a 'to do' list. At the days end, everything was done. That seldom happens.
    After my last doc appointment, we stopped at Burger King and I got a to go sandwich. A bacon cheeseburger. I'm glad I ate it at home. Have you ever heard the expression "soup sandwich"? That's what it turned out like. The "secret sauce" oozed out everywhere when I tried to pick it up. Ran down my arms, on the floor. They should supply plastic spoons with their sandwiches. BK isn't the only burger joint that does that. They all do.
    Someone ask why I don't just order it plain? If that worked, I'd be happy. Never has before.
    Way back when my dad first came home from WW2, he tried to teach me how to eat a sandwich. He made me a PB&J sandwich, then cut it in half. Like most wee snots, I took a bite out of the middle of the cut side. And, like most wee snots, got PB&J all over both sides of my mouth.
    Dad taught me to take bites out of the corners. He never showed me how to eat one of today's "oozers" though.
    Did I ever tell you about my 4th birthday? My dad was still over in England busy with the war. Mom worked every day except weekends. And it was my birthday. She had no gift for me. Toys made of metal were near impossible to find, and I already had a few wooden toys. Was still too young to be interested in board games.
    Then, mom had a great idea. Since we had no car, rides anywhere were a rare treat to me. So, mom said, "wee snot, lets go on a bus ride".
    And, we spent a most enjoyable afternoon riding our city buses on all the routes. There was only three of them.
    On the corner of my street was a bus stop. We got on the south bus, since we lived in the south end of town. All the buses met in the middle of the downtown. There we got on the east hill bus and rode it around it's route to back downtown. Then we boarded the west hill bus, and finally the south end bus back to our home street corner.
    My computer's Big Ben says it's now 4:30am. Guess I'll go set my other clock. Don't wanna be late, or early for my naps.
    Have a great Sunday my friends.:)

13. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning, all! Rule for today: "Never eat a bacon cheeseburger on the bus"! @Ike Willis - at that age, we had streetcars and walked everywhere. Can't remember a ride with Mum. Your story brought to mind a song!
    "Hop on the bus, Gus"!

Ike Willis likes this.
  14. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ike Willis - Oh I loved that post, that to me would be better than any toy :)

@Honey Gee - Wow what a fab night for you, couldn't be better - Dusty is my fav female singer !

Ike Willis and Honey Gee like this.
  15. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

[​IMG]Everyone :)
    Wishing you all a fab day x

Honey Gee and Chrissy Cross like this.