The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you Chrissy. Hope you are well today x

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Good Morning, Y'all. It's a crisp one. Just fed the cats and took out the trash. Made a nice cup of tea and a crispy english muffin with butter and marmalade, yum.
    Thanks @Denise Happyfeet I'm leaving the link open until I am alert enough to read it later. My intention is to put it on their side of the fences. Hoping it doesn't discourage the cats, since I'm ok with them here, and would prefer them to stay in the yard here, so they're relatively safe.

I've considered that @Chrissy Page, but they've lived here all of their lives, and are a bonded pair. It's difficult to rehome one here, let alone two together, and most places put them down. There are only two left from the initial amount of around 6, and neither appears to be that young. They've been fixed, and don't wander too far. I'd prefer not to disrupt their lives if possible. They've been here the 7 years I have, but were being fed by the old woman then, until the son dumped them. With the cooler weather coming, hoping they'll stick closer to the backyard/back porch (not enclosed). So far, the dogs haven't been roaming for the past 2 days that I know of, and hopefully soon I can get the Critter Ridder or something else that will defuse the situation, at least in part.

Hope everyone's enjoying this Fall weather. I know I'm looking forward to somewhat lower electric bills. Have a nice day!

K E Gordon and Chrissy Cross like this.
  3. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Good Morning! Anyway, we are starting our transition here today from the hottish weather we have been having to what is going to feel like late Fall, with temps in the 60's and a few nights in the 30's. @Diane Lane, my son is moving too, and his cat has been roaming outside, and I am not sure how it will cope with the new environment He is moving to a second floor condo, in a new area, and the cat will probably be limited to the balcony. I just hope it works out. I would hate for anything to happen to his kitty. Anyway, I am looking forward to the cooler weather,,and the fact I have used little electric this month is a blessing.

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I thought my cats were safe on the 2nd floor balcony in a past apartment. I had planters up against the bottom, where there was a gap below the wrought iron edge, but one of my cats got behind a planter while rolling around scratching himself on the concrete, and rolled off the edge. Thankfully, he wasn't declawed, and was able to hold on until I could race over the scoop him up. Tell your son to make sure there are no gaps at the bottom that the cat can get through...they can be little rascals, and mine try to be escape artists at times. Hope the move works out for him and his kitty.

K E Gordon likes this.
  5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Page and @Honey Gee
    Took to me sofa and resisted going to sleep by forcing me eyes open :p
    Also resisted negative thoughts, I've had twinges of it but I'll do me best to fight it, that cough is just awful :(

6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

It's those dang negative thoughts that always get in my way, Being on here helps. :)

Patsy Faye likes this.
  7. Patsy Faye

Registered

I know, but I couldn't keep me eyes open to read the posts ! :p

8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Ha ha, I know what you mean. That always hits me around 2:00p.m. I can't nap though but my eyes start closing
    Just lik ethey do when I'm on that boring stretch of Hwy going to my daughter's house.

Diane Lane and Patsy Faye like this.
  9. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

I would just have a nap. You might feel a whole lot better x

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I've tried many times....I'm just not a napper and the few times that I have napped, I always felt worse after....maybe that's why I don't or can't.

11. Patsy Faye

Registered

I would just have a nap. You might feel a whole lot better x

I know I should have, but wanted to be sure to sleep tonight :)

12. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Only time I do doze if I get a heavy cold, my body just switches off. Normally in front if the tv. My hubby says I look like I am catching flies as my jaw just opens. Not a good look :eek:.

Denise Evans likes this.
  13. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Ditto @Martin Alonzo Macro is my fave photography. I'll have to google "Owls of the Dominican Republic now;)

Oh what a sweetie this guy is, "Who, Who me?" LOL:)
    [​IMG]

Diane Lane, Patsy Faye and Ike Willis like this.
  14. Denise Evans

Registered

I didn't go to bed until midnight, watched several shows on Netflix. After I'd watched 4 of them I found out it wasn't going to be the end of the story, like 4 season mini-series, LOL! Then I read my latest book for another couple of hours. Didn't wake up til 9:00. I like getting up just before dawn, my fave time, but my timing is screwed up too @Chrissy Page because of my back/neck issues. PT (physical therapy) starts thurs next though.

I did to a 2 mile walk to Walmart and back yesterday, thank goodness. Really been procrastinating on that. The rain was a good excuse but no rain now;) 15% chance again today but I doubt we'll see any.

Anyway, good morning to all, and a wonderful day. I wish more joy and less pain for all of us today

[​IMG]

15. Denise Evans

Registered

I know Honey, I wake myself snoring sometimes:( It's so gross I can't imagine meeting a man at this late stage and actually having him love me, LOL!!

[​IMG]

Diane Lane and Chrissy Cross like this.