The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Well it would work for you Chrissy - its me that had the problem :D

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Good Morning, Y'all. Yes, the dog(s?) woke me up again. So far, though, I haven't heard any attacks on the cats. I don't know if that's because the cats aren't over here right now, or that the dog is contained on the back porch. I saw it over there, barking its head off, but it's too dark to see if it's contained. Meanwhile, I have been looking around and found some Critter Ridder that might work if I sprinkle it along the border/fence between our yards. If I had money, I'd just replace the fence he took down, but I don't, and fencing can be expensive. I've been looking around at ways to get around that, as well. Hopefully the cats will be o.k. and the dog will stay over there.

I'm seeing flashes of lightning and hearing mild rumblings, so I guess I should check the weather. If it storms, maybe I'll get back to sleep. Storms are when I tend to sleep the best, so I have an affection for them. Hope y'all have a great day!

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning everyone, woke too early and now at 4:00 a.m. I'm sleepy. Back to the 80's weatherwise for a few days.

I'm kind of achey and that's what woke me up, just ate a protein bar and can now take 3 Advil....didn't want to on an empty stomach.

See you all later....might go back to bed.

Wish it would rain here, @Diane Lane. Also wish you can find a solution to the dog problem.

Patsy Faye, Diane Lane and Ike Willis like this.
  5. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Mornin' all. Well, today's the day. What day, besides Thursday is it, you might ask? It's the day I promised myself I'd start my spring cleaning. From last spring. I'm running late.
    Last night went kinda well. The good was, Trump aced the debate. The bad was, I hoped Hillary would wear the penguin suit she wore at the last debate, but she looked about as presentable as a liberal ever can, which is marginal. The good is, staying up later made me sleep better last night. The bad was, I checked the baseball scores and my beloved Dodgers let the cubs beat the snot outta them, 10-2. Clearly, that game was rigged.
    So, last night when I loaded the coffee maker, I forgot to dump out the left over coffee. The coffee this morning has an unusual taste, but is still drinkable. I'm not a coffee snob. Long as it's hot, wet and strong, it's fine.
    I suppose FOX news will be rehashing the debate all day. I can't start my cleaning until the building wakes up. So, guess I'll take a nap. Enjoy the day y'all.:)

6. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Ha @Chrissy Page, I just took some Extra Strength Tylenol, or whatever generic I've got on hand, actually. I've got a cup of tea and I'm considering sneaking downstairs for a snack, but when I was out on the balcony assessing the dog situation, I heard one of my strays meowing at me, and I don't want to feed them this early, so I might have to put that off. All I have up here right now is a few potato chips and even I can't stomach them this early. I hear a brownie calling my name from the kitchen, though. The dogs are barking, but I haven't heard it/them going after the cats. I did hear something screaming in the distance a few minutes ago...hopefully just something aggravated, not being killed. Someone posted their friend found 2 coyotes in their yard yesterday morning, which is why it really irritates me about the jerk taking down part of the fence out front & not replacing. I lose sleep over the strays now that I know they're not safe out front or in the back yard even. Hope you get some good sleep now that you've got your meds & snack ingested.

G'morning, @Ike Willis, it sounds as if we're all going to be napping soon!

7. Patsy Faye

Registered

upload_2016-10-20_12-39-18.jpeg
    Make mine a good 'un too :p
    It seems we are all a bit under par today - hope everyone improves Xx

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Hi @Diane Lane ...nope couldn't go back to sleep...Advil not doing it. Just took a pain pill. Don't know why I'm so extra achey today.

How many strays are there? Can homes be found for them? Anywhere you can turn for help with a fence?

Lots of questions and no answers for you but this happens on a regular basis in your life and if you have fibro or anything for that matter....you don't need this kind of crap.

I just read a neighbor's cat was hit by a car yesterday....sad. She couldn't get home and was asking if someone could pick it up. Think her hubby finally got it. :(

Diane Lane likes this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Hope you can get back to sleep and the Cubs won? Yay! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ the Cubs.

It's funny that I only lived about 5-6 years in Chicago, then some in the suburbs but I have the fondest memories of those years and I still love that city the most, next comes Budapest, then Pittsburgh....the rest all are blah.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
    Ike Willis and K E Gordon like this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

11. Patsy Faye

Registered

12. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Good Morning kiddos! I slept pretty well last night. I took the strangest survey this morning on one of the sites I like. Basically you signed up and got dropped into the middle of an auction for a 100 dollar Amazon card. They said it was a real auction and bids applied. I bid two bucks. It would be amazing if I actually won it! My goal is to get 100 dollars on Amazon in the the next couple of months for some Christmas presents, and the electric toothbrush replacement I need. I have a decent start, and some of my sites will no doubt be rewarding me before December. Anyway, have a good one!

13. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, I had my nap, got 1/3 of my house cleaning done. Think I'll do the other 2/3 tomorrow. Now I'm hungry but it's only 9:15am here. If I can make it 2 more hours, I can combine breakfast and dinner.
    We have 49 clear and sunny degrees. Only supposed to stay in the 50's today. I'll take that. At least it ain't raining. Probably wait until the weekend for that.
    When I was a teen, I couldn't wait for the weekend. Weekends meant fishing trips with dad in the summer. Squirrel hunting in the fall and rabbits in the winter. A wet weekend in the summer or fall put me in some pretty black moods. Besides not being able to fish or hunt, I couldn't even do any outdoor work to make a few bucks.
    Onward and upward.:D

14. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Ike Willis - Ah yes, I remember that wonderful feeling of the weekend a comin'
    Now, one day is like another - love those memories that always put a smile on me face, may they always be as vivid :D
    Oh - How's your Grandson today ?

Ike Willis and Chrissy Cross like this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I'll trade your nap for my eating breakfast..twice....since I got up so early. @Ike Willis.

Now I'll have to go to bed before dinner to make it all work but then I'll be up early again....life is so hard!! :)