The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Morning all. Out walking and then lunch with friends. Enjoy your day whatever you are doing x

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning all - hope its a good day for you all x :)

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning everyone! Cooling off a little, only in the 80's today. There is even a chance of rain over the weekend! Usually it doesn't happen and fizzles out but I'm hoping. Think I'll buy the ingredients for my healthy ground turkey pumpkin chili! Better buy a few cans of pumpkin purée anyway, it's seasonal and there are a few things I make with it besides dessert....can't remember though, will ask my daughter to refresh my memory.

A trip to Trader Joe's today.

I also have bloodwork I've put off for months that needs doing before oct 31 dr appt. and now I can't find the paperwork I need. Means I'll have to get another one, grrrr

Have a great Tuesday! It's only Tuesday???

Ike Willis likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

All right, @Chrissy Page , I did some research, and here is what it looks like to me. From what I found, the ultrasonic does NOT record.
    There was a Naval communication that talked about using ultrasonic methods to test equipment, but they have no way to record the tests, and are developing a way to do that.
    Another website was about elephants, interestingly enough. It seems that elephants "rumble" in a frequency that is lower than we can hear, although me may feel the vibrations from it. It is called "infrasonic" when it is too low to hear , as opposed to the ultrasonic , which is too high of frequency for us to hear.
    The elephant article said that if the recording is speeded up, then the sound becomes audible, sort of like the old Chipmunks songs we all loved. They were sang in regular voices, and then speeded up so that they sounded like chipmunks singing.
    So, from what I can ascertain, playing the recording to Pickles is not going to help at all because it is not able to be recorded.
    If he hears it and listens, he is just listening to the person talking on the recording, the same as you are doing.

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Interesting and thanks Yvonne for researching it.

If these devices would record then why buy the product and there wouldn't be a market for them obviously...at least in today's world where everybody has an iPhone.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

On the other hand , apparently, the little beeping noises that the remote makes when signaling your car door to lock or unlock can be recorded, and this is how thieves can steal your car.
    You (if you are like @Frank Sanoica ) beep the beeper at your car to lock it, the thief , standing nearby, records it, and then once you are gone, he simply plays back the recording, and it unlocks your car door for them to get in and steal what ever they want, or maybe take the whole car.
    I remember reading that warning before, and it said to just push the buttons or the one on the remote to lock the car, but do not activate the beeper noise. Probably this would work good in those car parking areas like a parking garage, where a person could easily hide out and record the beeping.

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I just use my beeper to lock the car...I don't think I have the alarm set or anything. Not something I worry about
    Since I only park my car for short periods outside in the supermarket plaza....don't think a Chevy Cruze is high on the list of stolen cars.

Other than that it's always in my garage except when I'm at my daughter's house but that's a double gated community with security driving around all day...I would even leave my car unlocked there...my kids even leave there huge house unlocked and let workers in while they are at work...guess they trust them.

I ask my daughter isnt she worried and she says it's only possessions. I happen to know they have a lot in that house but maybe they're insured for a very high amt.

8. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Morning all hope your day is good. Off to do my veg shopping today. I wonder if the coffee shop shall lure me in. Have a great one.

9. Patsy Faye

Registered

[​IMG]
    Have a lovely day Xx :)

10. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Good Morning to everybody, hope you have a grand day!:) @Sheldon Scott - We Kneed an update on your condition!;)
    [​IMG]

11. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Mornin'. Once again we have rain possible this afternoon. Won't be much if we get any at all. I still can't get over the panic Trump's 'locker room' talk caused. And now, sports teams are denying that kind of talk goes on in their locker room. Maybe not. Players are probably too busy playing 'grab azz' with each other.
    Moving right along, have you ever went back to an old childhood haunt, just to see what it looks like now, or to think about the things you did in that place?
    Once, when I still had a car, I went back to look over the old farm. As I turned onto the blacktop road that now runs right down the middle of the farm, I stopped just to think how it was.
    There is a new house almost exactly where the old farmhouse stood. A man was working in the yard. He came over to ask if I was ok. I assured him I was. Then he ask what I was doing here, since he didn't remember seeing me around here before.
    Then I started telling him about the place, as it had been in 1947-1951. Told him who owned the place when we rented it, where the out buildings stood and other details. We talked awhile, then I had to leave.
    I couldn't look at the fields, now littered with cheaply built houses, and the back pasture, now part of a golf course.
    Strangely enough, my old neighborhood on Evans street has changed very little. All the same houses are still there. Some were altered or remodeled a bit though. The street itself went from the gravel of the forty's to pavement now. A few of the trees are gone, but it's still much the same.
    About two blocks west, on another street, is the house my dad built when we moved from farm to town. My daughter owns it now. That street has changed some. There are lots more houses now than there was in the 1950's. Some of the empty spaces between the older houses were large enough to hold 3-4 new plywood palaces.
    The baseball field at the end of the street is still there, but the corn fields beyond, of the 1950's, gave way to a little league complex of many ball diamonds and next to a soccer complex.
    That's about enough of that for today.
    Have a great hump day.:D

12. Patsy Faye

Registered

Yes Ike, we had to move from the street I was born into - old houses
    so I knew they would be tore down. I couldn't bear to go see the change but many many years later, in fact last year
    I looked on google map and was astounded, I wouldn't know the place. So I refuse to accept that it has in fact changed
    and my memories keep the place alive. The London I knew and loved has gone, changed beyond recognition - may be ...
    but not in me heart, it will always be there - just as it was :)

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

IMG_6052.JPG

Only 80 today....got a lot done around the house yesterday, will hopefully continue today. Got up too early so hope I have the energy.

14. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Good Morning, y'all. I did buy the dog whistle, but I'll also check into this product @Yvonne Smith, thanks for the information. I'll try the whistle first on the neighbor's dogs when I get it, but who knows if it will work. They haven't been out as much, thankfully. I wonder if the repeller works on other animals as well, or just dogs? We have had some wild hog sightings on the local walking trails, and I'd definitely like to be able to repel those if I had to.

It rained a lot yesterday off and on, and I lost power once for a short period of time. The electricity here seems particularly vulnerable to any sort of interruption. I don't know why that is, but you'd think the company would address the issue. The sun's shining now and I can hear birds chirping off in the distance. I've already been outside taking sky pictures and filling the bird feeder. Ryan enjoyed his jaunt. Hope everyone's having a good day.

15. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning everyone, I've been up since 2:am. :mad: Izzy is better at catching mice than any trap, but all the action occurs in the middle of the night. He's caught five in the last 24 hours. :eek: This is the third night that Izzy has kept me up. :( I hope he eradicates them before winter sets in.

I might need a nap today myself. :oops: