The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

That is a very reasonable priceSheldon. I had a tree removed on my side yard that was dead and leaning toward the house. It was quite the huge tree, but the guy charged 400 to take it down, and that was the best price we got. I had talked to several people about it. One thing I saw on a homesteading show on TLC was two people who took down a tree took it to the sawmill and got a thousand bucks for it. I tried to harvest some trees here but it is too small of a tract, however, while I was walking the little dog I was babysitting last month I noticed the lot next door has trees marked for harvest...if I could find out where and when maybe they would take a tree down for me..and take it to the saw mill. I will call about that. I mean if they are going there anyway...

Diane Lane and Sheldon Scott like this.
  2. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

@K E Gordon Agree that it can get expensive. We order from Angelino's Coffee and get the 192 count.
    Comes to .39 USD per cup, so still in our price range.
    Coffee is something I enjoy, so I'll give up something else.:)

Diane Lane and K E Gordon like this.
  3. K E Gordon

Registered

Right, I like coffee too, and .39 per cup is really not that bad, but I am guesstimating, my coffee costs about 10 cents per cup, and it is Kirkland's signature Columbian coffee so it is really fairly delicious. If you enjoy your Keurig @Tim Burr there is no reason why you should give it up. I haven't been that wild about any Keurig coffee I have had to be honest.

Tim Burr likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I like Kirkland's Colombian Brand also, @K E Gordon....good price and good coffee.

Diane Lane, Tim Burr and K E Gordon like this.
  5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning, looks like we gotta shake off them blues!:confused:;)
    [​IMG]

6. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Goooooood mornin' senior land. That's my Robin Williams impression. It looks to be another warm, sunny dry day here on the east riverbank of the corn and bacon state.
    Well, so far, no plans. So, I should be able to accomplish everything by quittin' time.
    Ever had jobs where Quitting time was when you finished the job? I hated those. We were supposed to quit at 4pm. But, if our boss showed up with a handful of orders at 3:30 pm, we knew we were there for another 3-4 hours.
    Then there were the jobs where the machines ran constantly and the operators had to stay until a relief operator showed up. Usually another 4 hours.
    Off I go, to pick on liberals. Be careful out there. Lead is in the air, and machete blades are whirling.:eek:

7. K E Gordon

Registered

"Nothin could be finer than to be in Caroliner....in the mor or nin.." Actually, make that in Virginia, and you have me.:):p I have a mystery shop that is due today and I have not been able to get a hold of the agent. The company I work for has really gone downhill since the last time I was working for them, and they don't seem to want to answer questions. I may end up cancelling this shop and I really don't want to...but I am not feeling confident about this whole situation right now. Anyway, I have a few other possible fish to fry. I hope everybody has a great day!

Patsy Faye, Diane Lane and Ike Willis like this.
  8. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Good Morning, Y'all. Yes, @Sheldon Scott that did sound like a reasonable price. I had a limb crack off a tree in the yard behind me a few years back. I had to do all of the calling around and arranging, and I don't recall how much they charged exactly, but I think it was in the market of $200, and that was just for the one limb. I had to make several calls before I found someone reliable and qualified to do it, it was a pain. Glad you've got that situation managed.

Happy start of a new week. The sun's shining, and we're under a heat advisory today, so I'll be indoors for most of the day, although I might pop outside to take care of a thing or two. Hope everyone had a good weekend and has a nice week planned.

9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Ike, your story is kinda like when you punch the clock....and it punches you back!;)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    Ike Willis and Patsy Faye like this.
  10. Sacheen BrightEagle

Sacheen BrightEagle Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh happy day! I have been Philindated . Lol. Very early this morning, there was a knock on my door, and there before me was an enormous, handsome, greeneyed Italian, all in black, wearing Aramis cologne. He carried two

dozen red roses, Belgian chocolates, Shalimar parfum, and Laphroaig. Sigh, I babbled in French and cried, standing there barefoot, in my Chinese sleep shirt, sleepy, with hair by Crazy Red Explosion. Lol. Didn't even know he was

coming for a visit. Apparently my sneaky son, blessed be his name, delivered him, and left. After over seven months of emails, daily phone calls, Skype using my friend's computer, at last we meet. He says he was struck by

a coup de foudre when we first connected, knew that I was the love of his life, and wanted to marry me. I am more cautious, but if this love stands the test of familiarity, I will be honoured to be his wife. Tonight I shall BBQ a feast for my love. Je t'aime mon coeur.

11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Wow, That is SO AWESOME ! ! I am so happy that he was able to make the trip out there, and I am sure that you were shocked to find him on your doorstep if he kept the arrival a secret all this time.
    The west coast is my favorite, and although I have only lived in Washington State, I have been up pretty close to the border at Blaine, and one time we drove up to a ski resort further up into Canada for one of those free visits at a timeshare resort.
    The whole trip was beautiful and the gigantic mountains were awesome. I am sure that Sifu Phl is going to love it out there, too.
    This is just great news , @Sacheen BrightEagle , and I hope that you two are able to share more about the fun as you show Phil around your area of western Canada. I am sure that there will be some great stories, and maye some good pictures, too .

12. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Congrats, and what a nice surprise. Sounds like Phil really knows how to woo a gal:) A gentleman. Wish you both the best. I love Canada, especially BC ( I think that is where you are). My folks were born there, and grandparents etc.

I've been wanting to meet someone special, but I am getting a dog, oh, and I got a bicycle now too;) A touring bike, maybe I'll meet a guy cycling, lol;)

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

image.jpg

Congratulations to both of you!

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

@Denise Happyfeet , I already have the dog, don't know if I want a bike.

I saw your pic on FB of the 3 young guys you met while cycling. :) Maybe I will get a bike. :)

15. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

LOL, you're a hoot, yeah, heck yeah, they were only half my age, isn't that all the rage now:p