The Gaming Grandma, Don't Miss This Video Folks ;)

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Denise Evans, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I thought I would put this type of "game" under Entertainment, since for me, these types of games, mostly I do Hidden Object, are entertainment for me. But LOTR as it's well know as in gaming community, lots of people our age too play, is one I just re-downloaded this a.m. It's free to download and own, but, I was wondering if there is anyone here that plays it by chance?

I first tried playing it a couple, years ago but just seemed too hard. I want to try again now, especially during Winter is a good time. I also wanted to add an article, may be a video as well about a lady in her 70s or 80s that is a gamer, and she started late in life too. Feedback welcome, Denise

here she is, found her again!! Shirley Curry, she calls all her gaming followers, grand-kids :

2. Mary Alveron

Mary Alveron Active Member
    Registered

That is hilarious. I think it is cool. She is a cute old woman! I find her lovely. Well I say she is old however she may be younger than me a little. I find it hysterical. You know I look younger then a lot of people who are younger then me. I find it novel. That is pretty cool huh? I one time played the fruit chopping game with my grandkids. I hit the bomb though. I may uv chopped 4 to 8 pieces of fruit however I hit the bomb. That is lousy.

Denise Evans likes this.
  3. Denise Evans

Registered

I tried to play again, it's still too hard for me :confused: but I love the puzzle games like The Witness, Talos Priniciple, and of course my hidden object games, especially The Labyrinth Series with gorgeous graphics:)

4. Denise Evans

Registered

..recently I tried playing some bigger games I thought might be fun. I found one that sounded like a blast called Hogwart's Legacy, like a follow up to Harry Potter which I liked the first few of those.

Hogwart's is put out my Warner Bros. and I'll post a link, but basically, after setting up the game I found out the following:

Hogwart's from Warner Bros. you can't pick your own gender for the RP (role-playing) it's only like binary characters, you know, no he and she stuff. Great for our kids right, suck them in with it being a "normal" game and then find that out after the fact.

I did get my money back, and didn't hold back on the reason I didn't want to play it if I couldn't be a She-warrior :cool: Contrary to articles I found when I googled, the game does NOT give you the option to choose any gender, at least not the base game.

The nuts are boycotting the game because J.K. Rowling who created Harry Potter is supposedly transphobic which to me is just normal folks believing in one man one woman humanoids.