The Games The Democrats Do

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Martin Alonzo, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

Of course we have no slavery as such anymore. There remain issues like equal rights and equal opportunity for all that the Republicans are consistently on the wrong side of. Slavery has been replaced by oppression.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  2. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Your right the oppression is being done by the democrat party look at the democrat controlled cities if you want to see oppression of blacks.

Lois Winters and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry, Dwight, but that is horse-hockey.

4. Dwight Ward

Registered

Please explain why it is so, Beth.

5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Because you are painting Republicans with a broad brush, and I disagree that they are "on the wrong side of equal rights and equal opportunity for all." (I am not a Republican, by the way.)

I get sick of all the liberal bullshit, about such things as "children in cages," when that was started by the Obama administration. Convenient collective memory lapse, as usual.

And if by "equal opportunity for all" you are referring to the policies of EEOC, affirmative action, etc. then I'd refer you to LBJ's quote about having blacks (and he used an uglier word) "voting Democrat for the next 200 years."

Martin Alonzo and Al Amoling like this.
  6. Dwight Ward

Registered

I'm not Republican either, nor a Democrat. I'm a Green, which I'm sure will arouse suspicion or automatic opposition from many people on this website.
    I also oppose bullshit, whether it comes from liberals or conservatives. I've read some things on this cite I consider bullshit.
    By the way, I don't consider some of the people I've debated here conservatives. I can debate and disagree with a conservative without rancour. Some of you go way beyond conservative into a kind of free-market fascism and are capable of a lot of instant hostility to anyone who disagrees with you.
    Re: LBJ,
    "And if by "equal opportunity for all" you are referring to the policies of EEOC, affirmative action, etc. then I'd refer you to LBJ's quote about having blacks (and he used an uglier word) "voting Democrat for the next 200 years."[/QUOTE]"
    I've never made up my mind about LBJ. Did he actually change from being an obvious Texas racist to having a more inclusive view of what makes for a man? If he used the word 'nigger' after he crafted the civil rights legislation, that is telling. However, I just don't know enough about the man to decide.

7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Sorry we don't live up to your lofty expectations. Have a nice afternoon.

8. Dwight Ward

Registered

There's the instant hostility I was speaking of. Kind of proves my point.

9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

So conservatives aren't supposed to respond; just sit quietly and be insulted? Check your mirror for hostility.

And that's all from me. Bye now.

Yvonne Smith and Al Amoling like this.
  10. Dwight Ward

Registered

I made observations about 'some people' and had no specific person in mind when I did so. If you identified strongly with that 'some people' then that is your doing. I insulted no one.