The Finest Hours

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Diane Lane, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I watched The Finest Hours on Netflix the other night. It's a movie based on an actual Coast Guard rescue that took place in 1952, off the coast of Massachusetts. I enjoy watching movies based on true events, particularly ones with happy endings. Here's a trailer to the movie, as well as a link to information about the real life event. #3 on the link is the event, the Pendleton rescue. I liked the movie. It's by Disney, which I'm not really a fan of, but I think they did a good job in this case.

2. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

whatever they pay those guys is not enough

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

That's for sure, @Gary Ridenour. I have watched Coast Guard Alaska in the past. I think they might have versions set elsewhere, but I enjoy shows about Alaska, since the landscape is so pretty. It's amazing what some go through. I had a neighbor who was in the Coast Guard, and he worked hard. There are a lot of rescues that we never hear about, unless we're connected to them somehow, or hunt down the stories. I'd rather hear those tales than see ones about reality 'stars' and their obnoxious behavior and lives.

Gary Ridenour likes this.