The Feet Dragging Procrastination Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Arlene Richards, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm very good about sticking to schedule and getting things done, but there are exceptions.

This morning I finally washed and flat-ironed my hair after putting it off for longer than I should have.

I need to pick out a new computer and printer. Been talking to my geek buddy and making list of questions for sales person. My desk top is dying a slow painful death and typing on my phone is frustrating. So......new computer this week.

Looking at a big beautiful pineapple on the counter that needs to be cored and cut into sections. Tomorrow morning for sure.

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm hugely on the ball when it comes to work and schedules..and getting everything done on time, and done well...even probably more than I should..bordering on the pedantic

..but OH BOY...at home I'm the worlds' worst procrastinator....:eek:

3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

When I was in high school in the 1950s a teacher told me about the procrastinators club. I've been meaning to join.

Ruby Begonia and Bonnie Thomas like this.
  4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I'll get around to replying to your post tomorrow. Maybe. :D

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I have no problem taking care of the things I enjoy doing....but I can really procrastinate on those things I don't enjoy doing. And I'm getting worse at this the older I get! ;)

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  6. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Veteran Member
    Registered

I plan on replying but I need to plan it out first. Planning takes time.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  7. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

8. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Never put off until tomorrow things that can be put off until next month.

9. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

I tend to put off way to many things but when I finally do something I notice it gives me energy and enthusiasm to do something else on my list. The last few years I've even put off things I WANT to do and enjoying doing. I'm better about doing things for other people than I am for myself.

I did finally do the income tax a few days ago, even though I knew we'd get a small refund I kept putting it off. I still haven't read the Windows 10 book to learn how to manage photos on here. When I want to post photos I go to my old Vista computer and work with them there. I need to go pick the leaves out of my rock garden so it'll look nicer. I need to finish a painting I started a long time ago and got stuck on some stone steps so I've just set it aside. I need to list about 25 beautiful bras in size 38-M on eBay and make some extra $. I need to look all over my house to find the keys to a security box where we keep the titles to our vehicles etc. I need to look all over my house and find the box of cookies I hid somewhere before they get outdated and mold or do whatever old cookies do. I don't know as I've never seen an old cookie. Right now I need to buy one of my granddaughters her BD gifts and get them in the mail. It's a big hassle because I have to take 5 or 6 minutes and fill out custom papers. Why do I put simple and easy things off? I have no idea but I wish I would change.

Ruby Begonia and Holly Saunders like this.
  10. Terry Page

Registered

I know what you mean Linda I often put things off, and when I do get around to doing them, I often find they only take minutes, then I wonder why I just didn't do them in the first place :rolleyes:

Linda Binning and Ruby Begonia like this.
  11. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

So true!

Terry Page likes this.
  12. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Engineers tend to be among the worst procrastinators, for a couple of reasons. For example, if a guy designs machines like cars, which convey people from place to place, he is slow to release a new design, for if trouble should develop, lots of unhappy folks will be stalled along the roadside.

Or, if he designs machines like airplanes, which convey people from place to place, high above the earth, he is ESPECIALLY slow to release a new design, for if trouble should develop, lots of neither happy, nor unhappy, but rather dead folks, will be stalled along the way.

13. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

I know, it would be so much easier and smarter to just get in and do things. It's a mystery I guess. :)

Ruby Begonia and Terry Page like this.
  14. Terry Page

Registered

[​IMG]

Ruby Begonia likes this.
  15. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered